Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stand up bodyboarding

Options
  • 07-10-2013 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Has anyone given this a go.?
    I know Turbo make a board for stand up bodyboarding and drop knee called the Turbo stooge.
    Its looks longer than the average board about 46inches and and looks slightly more narrow.
    Thought it looks like the job for small surf during the summer 2-4ft waves.
    As we all know bodyboarding on small surf isnt that fun.. So could this be the answer for us spongers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

kevmc1180 wrote: »
    Has anyone given this a go.?
    I know Turbo make a board for stand up bodyboarding and drop knee called the Turbo stooge.
    Its looks longer than the average board about 46inches and and looks slightly more narrow.
    Thought it looks like the job for small surf during the summer 2-4ft waves.
    As we all know bodyboarding on small surf isnt that fun.. So could this be the answer for us spongers?

Dropkeeing is pretty good craic try to get the hang of it on your regular board before you splash out on a dropknee board takes a while to get the hang of it especially getting your foot up and forward wearing a fin!
    Have only seen footage on YouTube and DVDs of stand up on a bodyboard but also looks like good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

I heard the crescent tail is much better than the battail for the dropknee....

• Registered Users Posts: 47 kevmc1180

Do any of you guys surf smallish waves 2-4ft, what style would you surf?
    Would trying a bit of drop knee to spice up the smaller surf.?
    Was thinking of getting a longboard for small days but not too bothered with that.
    Or do you guys think bodyboarding prone is still good craic?

Advertisement