Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bodyboard fins

Options
  • 07-10-2013 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Can anyone here reccommend a good pair of fins.
    Something with comfort but planty of speed.
    I own Hydro tech fins at the moment and also had a pair of stealth too...
    tech fins are comfy to a certain degree but not so much speed.
    The Stealth i think were faster but a cramped foot pocket.

Are churchill fins are as good as people seem to claim, or is just the branding that attracts people?

What are people wearing and what are your opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

kevmc1180 wrote: »
    Can anyone here reccommend a good pair of fins.
    Something with comfort but planty of speed.
    I own Hydro tech fins at the moment and also had a pair of stealth too...
    tech fins are comfy to a certain degree but not so much speed.
    The Stealth i think were faster but a cramped foot pocket.

Are churchill fins are as good as people seem to claim, or is just the branding that attracts people?

What are people wearing and what are your opinions?

I have a pair of tech 2s comfortable fin to a degree,fast and a flexible but I have just switched back my pair of vipers which I have for nearly 10 years in my opinion the best fin I have ever used they are roomy,comfortable and provide serious propulsion.
    Have had manta fins which were aren't worth the hassle and tried Churchills but found them very stiff just my opinion though.I would defo recommend vipers I have the classic style but a buddy of mine recently bought the New style and swears by them too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

I use the Ryan Hardy stealth fins, theyre easy on the feet. ..

Limited editions are supposed to be good too....

• Registered Users Posts: 47 kevmc1180

Why are churchills so popular with the pros, maybe they pay the most sponsorship, for people like us to copy...
    My hydros I find are not fast enough.
    I did find the stealth to be pacy though. however that were a few years ago now, maybe the new ones are more comfortable..
    Which ever fin I have used I still get the dreaded cramp..

What socks are you guys wearing?
    A full sock or the sock that has no heal...
    I use the full sock but find a good bit of water comes out when you take them off, this has to add to weight causing cramp wouldn't you think, where as without the heal the water wouldn't hold...

any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

kevmc1180 wrote: »
    Why are churchills so popular with the pros, maybe they pay the most sponsorship, for people like us to copy...
    My hydros I find are not fast enough.
    I did find the stealth to be pacy though. however that were a few years ago now, maybe the new ones are more comfortable..
    Which ever fin I have used I still get the dreaded cramp..

What socks are you guys wearing?
    A full sock or the sock that has no heal...
    I use the full sock but find a good bit of water comes out when you take them off, this has to add to weight causing cramp wouldn't you think, where as without the heal the water wouldn't hold...

any opinions?

I wear full sock the whole year around tip is pull them as tight as possible on your foot up your leg and pull the wetsuit over em never get water in that way.
    I suffer from the dreaded cramp aswell get it every surf but when I'm sitting out back between sets I slip my foot partially out of the fin to ease the pain works a treat.I'm a size 12 foot and most fins only go to size 11 so it's a case of no pain no gain!my vipers are defo the most comfortable I have thats why I switched back to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

I wear the 4ml Alder fin sock, they are a good fit.
    Im lucky im a size 9, so I don't get much cramp. ...

When I started bodyboarding a year and a half ago I didn't realise that there was a left and a right fin,got chaffed toes and lots of cramps. ..

• Advertisement
Advertisement