Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 1 week 4 Results

Options
  • 07-10-2013 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭

Colts 48 Jags 18.

Andrew Luck and the Colts headed into Jacksonville for their 2nd away game in a row and came away with a very comfortable victory, Jags were lucky to get 18 points, caught Colts out with a no huddle in the 2nd quarter and Henne launched a 78 yard TD pass to shorts and then got 2 points instead of a FG.

Colts offense looked good again but the defense is a real worry especially with a game against the as now undefeated Seahawks up next :eek:.

Andrew Luck was MVP for the Colts, he threw for 322 yards, 4 TD's and 0 Interceptions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Saints beat the unbeaten Dolphins 26-13 to push both teams to 3-1 for the season.

This game was won on the ground as the Saints run D held Miami to just 8 rushing yards, while the Saints went for 92 and 2 rushing TD's.

Both teams had 2 turnovers each, the start of the game was crazy as Tannehill threw a pick on his first throw and Brees also threw one on his second throw.

The key play in the game was probably a Miami safety with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter. That meant it became a two-score game and the Dolphins needed to start airing it out to get back into it.

Good game Gilberto, hard to believe you only started playing a few weeks ago as you are a very good player especially throwing the ball which I found difficult to stop. Get your ground game going and you will be flying. All the best for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

Bears beat the Lions in a tense thriller. 13-10 ha.

Paully D wrote: »
    Saints beat the unbeaten Dolphins 26-13 to push both teams to 3-1 for the season.

This game was won on the ground as the Saints run D held Miami to just 8 rushing yards, while the Saints went for 92 and 2 rushing TD's.

Both teams had 2 turnovers each, the start of the game was crazy as Tannehill threw a pick on his first throw and Brees also threw one on his second throw.

The key play in the game was probably a Miami safety with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter. That meant it became a two-score game and the Dolphins needed to start airing it out to get back into it.

Good game Gilberto, hard to believe you only started playing a few weeks ago as you are a very good player especially throwing the ball which I found difficult to stop. Get your ground game going and you will be flying. All the best for the rest of the season.

Found it to be a very frustrating game, couldn't do anything.
    Threw the turnover, get it back then I couldn't even make a yard before punting, minus progression on my first 6 plays.

The safety was just the icing, ball bounced off his head, he recovers and falls over the end line(pretty sure he wasn't even tackled he just lost his feet)
    I was calling for a fair catch.
    I need to check which punt coverage helps the receiver as I've ran that one without side coverage a few times now, which just means the player is swamped in no time. I never want to use any but the 3 wide men covering again and never intentionally picked the other plays instead. Just wasn't sure which one it was.

Wouldn't mind getting a decent RB, I cant play with Miller even if he has 90 odd speed, I prefer a RB I can truck with and go through the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

It took overtime, but the Redskins beat the raiders 34-31

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Ponder Watch Day 4!

133 yards off 9/12. Slight drop in completion percentage but sill highest rated QB...... (Slightly different to real life.....)

In other news Peterson had a decent game with 209 yards and 3 TDs and the game ball. He dedicated the performance to his hero.... The Pondernator!

Word of advice for all due to play the Steelers, kick everything through the end zone or out of bounds.... Holiday will terrify you. Got lucky with last minute tackles 3 or 4 times.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Bengals 21 - Browns 3.

Game was a lot closer than the score reflected, with Weeden throwing a few interceptions while Dalton got away with a few bad throws.

Tyler Eifert scored all three TD's and was the only receiver getting open a lot of the time.

Rookies Bernard and Eifert are now top of the depth chart in their respective positions. My run game was ok if a bit pedestrian at times.

Cinci now move to 4-0 and are beginning to take a little bit of a lead in the division race, Patriots are up next followed by 2 CPU games.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Patriots roll into the Georgia Dome on the back of a morale boosting W over the Buccs in week 3.

And the game gets off to a great start for New England with a pick 6 in the first 2mins of play. Then....Disconnect!!

Patriots find their way back into the Georgia Dome, a quick restart and score recreation later and its game back on. (Gronk credited with the recreated score)

Falcons drive up the field, Matty Ice throwing lasers to Gonzalez and Douglas and then a score by old Rams HB Steven Jackson, who throws a wave at his old boss standing on the Pats sideline after scoring.

2nd quarter starts level and soon the ground game for NE starts to rumble. Ridley slashing left and right on run plays, as Brady chucks in a few pass to keep the chains moving. 1yd line and the Jumbo set is in as Blount trucks through for the score.
    Falcons go 3 and out on the next phase and punt the ball. Rookie WR Josh Boyce then fields and returns thru the chasing pack, stiff arms his way past one then gets clipped by another. He's going down but somehow recovers his footing and gets into the endzone. 2 score game.
    Falcons arent giving up that easy as a couple of plays later and Julio Jones is given way too much space and claims a 73yd bomb to bring it back to 7.
    Another good drive by the Pats gets into the redzone and again from the 1yd line Blount vultures another TD from Ridley. 28-14 and just over 2 mins to play.
    Falcons start from the 20 and beginning marching upfield but disaster as Pats CB Arrington jumps a slant route and picks it off. Brady get the ball with a minute to go and proceeds to find Gronk and then Edelman before Ridley rumbles over for the score.
    Falcons collect and drive to FG range with 10secs to spare and Bryant nails it.

Wow what a quarter!!

HT Pats 35 Falcons 17.

Atlanta recieve the ball and have to chase the game now. The Pats defence goes to work, playing hard hitting football. A number of near completions for the Falcons are broken up at the last second by a great hit by a number of NE CBs. That coupled with a pass rush that got to Ryan 4 times and Atlanta were in a hole.
    The teams trade 3 and outs and then Ridley continues his monster game by rushing for another TD to stretch to 42-17.

4th quarter and Ryan throws another pick and thats the game as the lead is too big for the Falcons to get to, as the Pats defence becomes more ferocious and Ridley continues to churn out the yards.

Final score
    NE 42 ATL 17

Good game Gatsby, you just couldn't get anything going on the run. That and you ran into Ridley on a good day. (203yds and 2 TDs)

Brady and co move to 2-2, next up the unbeaten Bengals and their high flying offence!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Seahawks 30
    Texans 14
    Passing

Wilson 11/12 attempts for 248 yards 2 TDs 0 int longest pass 65

Schaub 14/29 attempts for 255 yards 1 TD 3 int longest pass 41

Rushing
    Lynch 22 carries for 102 yards 1td 0fum
    Foster 10 carries for 67 yards 1td 0fum

Texans came out and seem to be able to stop the run on first and second down, forcing hawks to make a lot of 3rd down conversions, lucky for Wilson he is still hard to stop, Seahawks go 4-0..
    The offense has 0 interceptions, 0 fumbles and 0 give always while the defense has 16 takeaways and 4 fumble recoveries !!!

Unlucky tonight mate Schauburger got scared! :)
    Colts up next...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Seahawks 30
    Texans 14
    Passing

Wilson 11/12 attempts for 248 yards 2 TDs 0 int longest pass 65

Schaub 14/29 attempts for 255 yards 1 TD 3 int longest pass 41

Rushing
    Lynch 22 carries for 102 yards 1td 0fum
    Foster 10 carries for 67 yards 1td 0fum

Texans came out and seem to be able to stop the run on first and second down, forcing hawks to make a lot of 3rd down conversions, lucky for Wilson he is still hard to stop, Seahawks go 4-0..
    The offense has 0 interceptions, 0 fumbles and 0 give always while the defense has 16 takeaways and 4 fumble recoveries !!!

Unlucky tonight mate Schauburger got scared! :)
    Colts up next...

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

adrian522 wrote: »
    Bengals 21 - Browns 3.

Game was a lot closer than the score reflected, with Weeden throwing a few interceptions while Dalton got away with a few bad throws.

Tyler Eifert scored all three TD's and was the only receiver getting open a lot of the time.

Rookies Bernard and Eifert are now top of the depth chart in their respective positions. My run game was ok if a bit pedestrian at times.

Cinci now move to 4-0 and are beginning to take a little bit of a lead in the division race, Patriots are up next followed by 2 CPU games.

Well played hard to know what to make of Weeden sometimes be is brilliant other times he cant throw at all. doesn't help that my WR cant catch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Nice write up guns4all. Yeah it was a frustrating day for me to say the least. Awful defense combined with too many picks and Ridley in beast mode. I have Berty on Sunday so hopefully I can improve a bit haha. Good luck with the rest of your season

Advertisement