Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky or UPC?

• 07-10-2013 2:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get broadband and I can't decide between sky and UPC. I've seen the offer from sky €50 for tv, phone and broadband for 4 months. And UPC have the same offer for 6 months. They both work out at roughly the same price for 12 months but I can't decide.

Also any idea how long I'd be waiting to get it put in? I don't think I'll last too long without broadband!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Wellyd wrote: »
    I'm looking to get broadband and I can't decide between sky and UPC. I've seen the offer from sky €50 for tv, phone and broadband for 4 months. And UPC have the same offer for 6 months. They both work out at roughly the same price for 12 months but I can't decide.

Also any idea how long I'd be waiting to get it put in? I don't think I'll last too long without broadband!

UPC is beyter for broadband and sky is better for TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

That's what everyone has told me. I'm slightly more inclined towards sky because they offer better channels. Any idea how long I'd be waiting to get it installed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Not sure on the install time. I find upc tv very slow but I prefer the fast bb speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

The install time would obviously depend on whether or not you have a phone line in your house already. If you do then it shouldn't take more than a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Potatoeman wrote: »
    Not sure on the install time. I find upc tv very slow but I prefer the fast bb speed.

Yeah personally, I don't watch a lot of TV and am online a lot (download TV shows, use netflix etc.) so I prioritised my internet and went with UPC. UPC tv box is definitly not as user friendly as the Sky box and also slower. If you're not a heavy internet user, go with Sky, you probably wouldn't need the speeds UPC offer anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

I would go for Sky ,i'm with UPC and its a nightmare.Their customer service is diabolical.They have been overcharging me since may on my bill and every time i ring i spend about 2-3 hours on the phone.Last time i was talking to a supervisor and he promised me i would have the next two months free and i've just spotted a mystery direct debit for 25 euro's.Their billing system is just mental and they don't even understand it themselves as each person i talk to tells me a different reason why the bill is not right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

ben101 wrote: »
    I.Their billing system is just mental and they don't even understand it themselves as each person i talk to tells me a different reason why the bill is not right.

Same as , i was payin 80us, then went on the Horizon Tril and got 100MB BB, then came of the trial and was charged 104 per month, I ws told that this was due to still having 100MB, I said i dont want it..they took it back, next bill charged 104 again, this time thay said that my standard package is 71 plut the sports = 104, again they chared me for 100mb

Am off to Sky for the TV and UPC for BB only...

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Advertisement