Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iparcel... the stupidest courier

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

my3cents wrote: »
    But fastway have nothing do do with Amazon they are contracted by iparcel.

Next week iparcel "could" contract someone different for the last leg of the delivery.

Okay, so. Amended the amendment. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭dmcm_90

Got a delivery notification from them. Delivery was made but no one was home and tracking doesn't say where it was. Came home a package was left out side on the window. Anyone could have taken it or it could have rained. Worst service iv seen in all the years ordering from Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Ariana Grande

I placed an order on 27/11
    Dispatched by amazon 30/11(From Piacenza)
    Arrived in Grimbergen 02/12 and hasn't moved since.

Not even Belgians want to stay in Belgium that long. I complained to iParcel who said they never received the package. I complained to Amazon who said that the package is with iParcel and they're going to complain on my behalf. Xmas is only around the corner, it's not like I left it late either. UPS must stand for Unusually Poor Service considering DHL delivered from Piacenza in 2 days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭vandriver

dmcm_90 wrote: »
    Got a delivery notification from them. Delivery was made but no one was home and tracking doesn't say where it was. Came home a package was left out side on the window. Anyone could have taken it or it could have rained. Worst service iv seen in all the years ordering from Amazon
    An post don't get a signature for Amazon deliveries.As a consequence,my package was just dropped in my porch,and promptly stolen within the next 9 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

vandriver wrote: »
    An post don't get a signature for Amazon deliveries.As a consequence,my package was just dropped in my porch,and promptly stolen within the next 9 minutes.

:eek: Sounds like Parcel Motel should be your go-to? Not ideal, I know, but with free UK delivery for heaps of stuff or delivery charges way below the ROI amount I live with the slight delay and occasional tearing of my hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭huberto

Amazon package via i-parcel arrived today - left outside the front door in the rain.
    No ring on the doorbell or knock on the door. Wife and I both at home, fortunately she heard the gate close as the guy scarpered and checked outside.

Item is electronic so a soaking wouldn't have been good for it.

Amazon have always sent stuff via An Post up to now, which has always been fine. Wouldn't want any more deliveries from i-parcel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

huberto wrote: »
    Amazon package via i-parcel arrived today - left outside the front door in the rain.
    No ring on the doorbell or knock on the door. Wife and I both at home, fortunately she heard the gate close as the guy scarpered and checked outside.

Item is electronic so a soaking wouldn't have been good for it.

Amazon have always sent stuff via An Post up to now, which has always been fine. Wouldn't want any more deliveries from i-parcel.

Amazon still sends stuff by An Post. It depends who you buy it from. If the seller is Amazon, then it's An Post, if it's a third party then they use i-parcel.

The thing is, actually we are blaming the wrong courier. I-parcel delivers it to a point, but after that it's Fastway that takes over.

So it's Fastway that fails to delivery over and over, not I-parcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 lmc106

CyberGhost wrote: »
    So it's Fastway that fails to delivery over and over, not I-parcel.

Totally agree- I sold something to someone who used Fastway as a courier service and the driver was one of the rudest humans I’ve come into contact with. I’ve complained directly to Fastway and never received a response as well.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Fastway is franchise operation, so trying to track down someone who will care is going to be a problem. Keep hammering away at the people that send the parcels is the only way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Last Fastway delivery I had here (iparcel) was a new guy I'd never seen before just driving a private car. He must have been very new to the job as he actually called to the door an asked for a signature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I ordered a Christmas tree from Amazon last week to replace one I bought on Ebay that didn't show up. Paid for delivery to make sure it got here fast. It was dispatched on Thursday and due for delivery later today. Up to now, I thought it was on schedule but I checked tonight and found this:

Tracking on Amazon.co.uk:

Thursday, 14 December: Parcel has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit
    Friday, 15 December1:34 PM: Parcel left the carrier facility Manchester, STRETFORD GB
    Monday, 18 December 9:35 PM:Problem resolved and parcel is in transit

And on the i-parcel website:

Thu. 14 Dec 11:37 AM:Package details received electronically from Seller
    Thu. 14 Dec 17:08 PM:Exported i-Parcel and in transit to country of destination
    Mon. 18 Dec 21:35 PM:Received at i-Parce Feltham, GB :confused:

I suspect Fastway will be the least of my worries...

While they have been crap in the past the new Fastway driver is OK and iParcel came through today with a delivery for an order that only got sent out from Amazon on Friday :)

I doubt the new guy will last though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

Any have a number to call for this shower ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Do you know if its still in the UK (i-Parcel) or if its in Ireland (Fastway)?

• Advertisement

i found out they are connected to fastway so if you ring fastway they should be able to deal.
    though i rang a couple days ago and was 'number 51 in the queue' and after holding a while and ringing back later i finally emailed.
    still no response.

made a complaint with amazon who hopefully will be following through on it (they threw my parcel at the back door of a different address in a different estate)

Davy wrote: »
    Do you know if its still in the UK (i-Parcel) or if its in Ireland (Fastway)?

It got lost between going from America to the UK. So not really sure who has it. I parcel not answering emails at all ☹️

It got lost between going from America to the UK. So not really sure who has it. I parcel not answering emails at all ☹️

They usually do respond to emails within 24 hours but will tell you no more than what the tracking says.

I have seen similar with them that could take 4 weeks from the US. How long are you waiting?

They usually do respond to emails within 24 hours but will tell you no more than what the tracking says.

I have seen similar with them that could take 4 weeks from the US. How long are you waiting?

A month now. Can't get any email reply which is so strange.

A month now. Can't get any email reply which is so strange.

Are you using customer.service@i-parcel.com?

Have you checked your spam folder?

• Advertisement

Are you using customer.service@i-parcel.com?

Have you checked your spam folder?

Ya have the right email. Get an auto response email every time saying my ticket has been updated. Have checked my spam for a response and nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Just tried the Fastway site to try to rearrange a delivery. Just see a general Parcel enquiry form on the site. Have the 'missed you' form with the courier no. but no contact details.

What is the best way to arrange a redelivery date?

Awfully tempted to just let it be sent back and claim a refund.

KOR101 wrote: »
    Just tried the Fastway site to try to rearrange a delivery. Just see a general Parcel enquiry form on the site. Have the 'missed you' form with the courier no. but no contact details.

What is the best way to arrange a redelivery date?

Awfully tempted to just let it be sent back and claim a refund.

They will know the courier by your address so you don’t need the other details.
    Fill in the contact form or email them directly and they should redirect the next day.

They will know the courier by your address so you don’t need the other details.
    Fill in the contact form or email them directly and they should redirect the next day.
    The problem is these are the holidays. Rarely at the house.....need to set a specific date roughly two weeks from today. :o Pity their only depot in Dublin appears to be in Tallaght. That's the great advantage of An Post. You just collect when you're there.

The problem is these are the holidays. Rarely at the house.....need to set a specific date roughly two weeks from today. :o Pity their only depot in Dublin appears to be in Tallaght. That's the great advantage of An Post. You just collect when you're there.

Can you not redirect to another address that someone will be able to take it in?

Can you not redirect to another address that someone will be able to take it in?
    I might try that so thanks for the suggestion.

What house nowadays is guaranteed to have someone at home at all times?

Also, I would choose not to buy rather than have this hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 doomshine

Worst courier I've ever dealt with... and I've seen a lot of incompetence in my lifetime!
    Apparently someone went through my Amazon order, took a bit out (either for personal gain or it got damaged in transit) and stuffed the rest into a black bag with the amazon label clumsily torn off the original box. It looked so bad the driver himself urged me to check the contents. I obviously refused to accept the package. All this on top of the delivery being a couple of days late already.

Got back to Amazon, they're re-sending it via their "fastest delivery option possible". If it's going to be I-parcel again I'm going to have a stroke. My fiancé got his order fulfilled with An Post, dispatched a day after mine, got it 2 days earlier!

Utterly pointless service. These were not super-expensive items but I'm furious with the whole experience altogether. Had to take a half-day off work for this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dustbringer

I have no idea where my package is. Amazon tracking says it only left the UK yesterday, yet iParcel tracking shows that it was exported and in transit to country of destination on the 2nd. Updated again today on their website, and now it's just 'in transit' with no location given.

Of course, the estimated delivery was today by 8pm, but my guess is iParcel messed up an mis-scanned it as shipped to Ireland when it wasn't and now the estimate has magically changed to anything up to the 12th. Great.

Tried the redirect but the parcel still wasn't delivered to the new address. Two weeks in his van, no courier details, no courier timetable listed for Balbriggan, Fastway called.........still like a total black hole.

Does Amazon refund in situations like this or do they expect me to spend hours trying to deal with Fastway?

I'm going to cancel a preorder on a BluRay because this just isn't even close to being worth it.

I know now that AdressPal for every order is the only workaround.

Tried the redirect but the parcel still wasn't delivered to the new address. Two weeks in his van, no courier details, no courier timetable listed for Balbriggan, Fastway called.........still like a total black hole.

Does Amazon refund in situations like this or do they expect me to spend hours trying to deal with Fastway?

I'm going to cancel a preorder on a BluRay because this just isn't even close to being worth it.

Not your problem at all its Amazons as its their courier and they are the ones with the contract with iparcel.

Just get on to Amazon and tell them the parcel is two weeks late and they will refund or replace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I have no idea where my package is. Amazon tracking says it only left the UK yesterday, yet iParcel tracking shows that it was exported and in transit to country of destination on the 2nd. Updated again today on their website, and now it's just 'in transit' with no location given.

Of course, the estimated delivery was today by 8pm, but my guess is iParcel messed up an mis-scanned it as shipped to Ireland when it wasn't and now the estimate has magically changed to anything up to the 12th. Great.

This is exactly my situation, should have been here last Friday by 8, now Amazon say wait till Friday, if it doesn't appear give them a shout. Mine shipped 30 Dec allegedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭poxon

I`m in the same boat... My old order is in "loaded on fastway van" since 20th of december...
    I have placed different order with amazon and it is delivered with i-parcel... imagine my shock when I`ve found out that this is fastway....
    And of course status on a parcel says that it was DELIVERED... and I am at home since the morning - noone called, noone knocked.
    Omg I hate them so badly.

poxon wrote: »
    I`m in the same boat... My old order is in "loaded on fastway van" since 20th of december...
    I have placed different order with amazon and it is delivered with i-parcel... imagine my shock when I`ve found out that this is fastway....
    And of course status on a parcel says that it was DELIVERED... and I am at home since the morning - noone called, noone knocked.
    Omg I hate them so badly.
    Yeah mine says delivered but also says still in van in the days after. Expecting a different package through Fastway so will see if that turns up and then tackle driver directly about the other one. My missing one at least required a signature, so I know I'm on solid ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 trveller72

Yeah mine says delivered but also says still in van in the days after. Expecting a different package through Fastway so will see if that turns up and then tackle driver directly about the other one. My missing one at least required a signature, so I know I'm on solid ground.
    Same here.
    Status Delivered, twice, Tue and Wed, but still in transit after each "delivery".
    This is the first time this happens to me, but it is very annoying that there is no way to contact them.

Fastway still don't have mine, Amazon said by tomorrow, but I'm thinking lost or stolen at this stage. The great thing is they no longer sell one of the things I purchased and it was in the January sale.

JamboMac wrote: »
    Fastway still don't have mine, Amazon said by tomorrow, but I'm thinking lost or stolen at this stage. The great thing is they no longer sell one of the things I purchased and it was in the January sale.

1 hour after this post my parcel appeared again, hopefully tomorrow is the day.

Okay, so just one final entry on my experience.

My second parcel showed up as Lost on Amazon's tracking, so I immediately snapped up the refund.

For the first one, Amazon refused a refund saying item was showing as delivered and they needed 24 hours to investigate. 24 hours later they have no response from Fastway, so I got the refund. Item now 25% more expensive, so I can't simply reorder.

It is curious that someone else posted the same about their item being listed as Delivered after the first delivery attempt, and then still in the van the next day.

Anyway. hell of a way to run a business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Fastway website:

Your parcel has been delivered and signed for at 12:18:46 (now 14:33)
    Company: My Name printed. Name: 20
    Signature given: L Box

L box is not my name, must mean long box. No attempts at delivery or contact but Amazon sends me an email to say I got delivery. Probably will get it tomorrow.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ups

Let UPS know. #DropFastWay

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

....... wrote: »
    Surely it means Letter Box?

LOL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Pure coincidence I've been having trouble with a delivery from Amazon and from the tracking its i-parcel and this thread pops up on the front page :)

Basically they sent an email that the address was wrong even though it was the same address I've always used for Amazon. When I contacted them they asked for a landmark to find the building. That was 4th Jan still no sign of it. If they put the company and Dublin 15 into google it brings them right to the door.

This thread needs to be renamed, it is NOT I-Parcel. It is Fastway. They are at fault here. I-Parcel hands it over to these morons who can never deliver anything. This really, really needs to be highlighted, it is FASTWAY's fault!

Although I-Parcel deserves the bad rep too because they deal with Fastway, which is the most garbage company in existence. You could stop a random stranger on the street, hand them the parcel and ask them to deliver it and they would do a better job.

The other day I drive to their depot to get the parcel, because of course they could not deliver it... even though it said that they tried to contact me. Nobody tried to contact me all, no calls, no messages, no rings, nothing at all. Even though the information is clearly displayed on the parcel.

So, I pick it up, and then I notice, it is taped with scotch tape and there are items missing in there. I return and start questioning on what is happening there, and of course nobody knows anything. Then some manager came out and told me to return the parcel completely and I cannot take it partially and make a note on what's missing, etc... because that's things like these are handled, they'll return it to Amazon and Amazon will handle it from then on, I thought "OK" so I returned the parcel, wrote a note and they took it.

Then it hit me. I signed for the delivery, so it shows that it was delivered, but I returned the items! It is impossible to get through to Fastway, it is literally a faceless organization, they have no customer support, nothing. I should not have returned back when I noticed they tempered with it, I should have just taken what I received and walked away and then contacted Amazon.

Luckily, I knew who I was dealing with so I recorded every single thing on video. And contacted Amazon sending them the video and pictures, who refunded me. Will that order ever be returned to Amazon? I doubt it.

From now on, when I am ordering my stuff from Amazon and it's the third party selling it, I'm sending my stuff to Parcel Motel. I-Parcel will hand it over to Parcel Motel and they'll deal with it from then on, no more Fastway.

For orders that Amazon dispatches and ships themselves from their warehouse, I will send it to my address because they use AnPost.

Anyways, if something like this happens to you, you know how to deal with it now. Take what you got, document it, contact Amazon.

Its not just Fastway! iparcel can be really slow to get the stuff to Fastway ready for Fastway to loose it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

CyberGhost wrote: »
    This thread needs to be renamed, it is NOT I-Parcel. It is Fastway. They are at fault here. I-Parcel hands it over to these morons who can never deliver anything. This really, really needs to be highlighted, it is FASTWAY's fault!

Although I-Parcel deserves the bad rep too because they deal with Fastway, which is the most garbage company in existence. You could stop a random stranger on the street, hand them the parcel and ask them to deliver it and they would do a better job.

The other day I drive to their depot to get the parcel, because of course they could not deliver it... even though it said that they tried to contact me. Nobody tried to contact me all, no calls, no messages, no rings, nothing at all. Even though the information is clearly displayed on the parcel.

So, I pick it up, and then I notice, it is taped with scotch tape and there are items missing in there. I return and start questioning on what is happening there, and of course nobody knows anything. Then some manager came out and told me to return the parcel completely and I cannot take it partially and make a note on what's missing, etc... because that's things like these are handled, they'll return it to Amazon and Amazon will handle it from then on, I thought "OK" so I returned the parcel, wrote a note and they took it.

Then it hit me. I signed for the delivery, so it shows that it was delivered, but I returned the items! It is impossible to get through to Fastway, it is literally a faceless organization, they have no customer support, nothing. I should not have returned back when I noticed they tempered with it, I should have just taken what I received and walked away and then contacted Amazon.

Luckily, I knew who I was dealing with so I recorded every single thing on video. And contacted Amazon sending them the video and pictures, who refunded me. Will that order ever be returned to Amazon? I doubt it.

From now on, when I am ordering my stuff from Amazon and it's the third party selling it, I'm sending my stuff to Parcel Motel. I-Parcel will hand it over to Parcel Motel and they'll deal with it from then on, no more Fastway.

For orders that Amazon dispatches and ships themselves from their warehouse, I will send it to my address because they use AnPost.

Anyways, if something like this happens to you, you know how to deal with it now. Take what you got, document it, contact Amazon.

In my case the problem was definately I parcel. Once it got to fast way had it next day

• Advertisement

heroics wrote: »
    In my case the problem was definately I parcel. Once it got to fast way had it next day

Not going to dispute that. They are a pain too!

But if your parcel made it to Ireland, then it's in Fastway's hands.

iParcel don't do themselves any favours when it comes to their tracking information had this come up today,

"Problem resolved and parcel is in transit".

Just what I needed to give me confidence in their system :rolleyes:

As they didn't say what the problem was hardly any point telling me its been resolved.

EDIT> Credit where credit is due. Ordered from Amazon on Sunday night delivered home here in Co Waterford at 3pm Wednesday by Fastway

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I-Parcel deliver 2 days earlier than expected from Amazon. Then Fastway hand over a soaking wet parcel at the door. At least the driver had the good manners to look embarrassed handing it to me.
    Amazon, as usual, sorted out in 15 minutes.

2s15hfc.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,909 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Left a parcel, damaged, at a house some distance down the road from me with no info. Got it off them a few days later.

Moaned to Amazon, 25% refund on the entire order for a small dint on a second hand book that may have been there before. The more iparcel cost them the less they'll use them but I also don't want to have to moan every single time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,489 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Over ten years with AMZ and just now got my first package handed to these lads

And... apparently there was a "problem but it's resolved and now it's in transit"

I don't understand. I order something. And the first entry on the tracking details is that there is a problem!?

• Advertisement
Advertisement