Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iparcel... the stupidest courier

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

lawred2 wrote: »
    the first entry on the tracking details is that there is a problem!?

Address outside Dublin? They cant be delivering outside the pale now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

ED E wrote: »
    Address outside Dublin? They cant be delivering outside the pale now!

nope - couldn't be more central in the IFSC

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

lawred2 wrote: »
    Over ten years with AMZ and just now got my first package handed to these lads

And... apparently there was a "problem but it's resolved and now it's in transit"

I don't understand. I order something. And the first entry on the tracking details is that there is a problem!?

I think thats their standard first line on the tracking, for some reason.

whiterebel wrote: »
    I think thats their standard first line on the tracking, for some reason.

029ae2ea91337885600799e93c2fe977.gif

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

029ae2ea91337885600799e93c2fe977.gif

Computer says yes, Ed.....

ojo1oh.png

I was slagging their systems, not doubting you Rebel!

I was slagging their systems, not doubting you Rebel!

My apologies, humour meter is off today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Sparko

Had my first delivery handled by iparcel today. Arrived in a slightly damaged box and the driver was in a regular car rather than a branded van.

Contents not affected luckily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Amz said delivery last Monday and it arrived Monday morning.

No problems here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

To be fair Fastway couriers are the exact example of how not to do it

I live in rural Galway and there's two guys who deliver they're self employed sub contractors and i'd say they get paid pittance

Its easier for me to get the courier to leave the parcel at a local hardware shop than get it to the house I will always get it quicker this way and thats only because I know their mobile numbers to call to chase a package

Guess someone has to pay the price for free delivery!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭white apples

Word of warning, I would avoid using Fastway in the future if possible.

In my situation I conclude that the delivery was left outside my front door (city centre house / no garden), so basically on the street when it was 'Delivered'.
    Of course it disappeared.
    I contacted Fastway to query this, when I didn't receive it and they provided me with a signature of my name, that wasn't my signature.

I replied to let them know that it wasn't my signature and the representative checked with the driver. He said that he had put it through my letterbox.
    It was a very large box which wouldn't fit through a letterbox, so this is the 2nd lie from them.

1. The driver forged my signature.
    2. He then said he put it through the letterbox (so basically admitted he had forged the signature), while lying again about the delivery.

I complained to Amazon and they sent a replacement item out express delivery, which came via DHL all very smoothly.
    So if you have an issue, go to Amazon and they will sort you out. If Fastway cost them this much, they won't be long moving to another courier company.

another courier company.

Calling Fastway a courier company is akin to calling a toddler with a wagon a taxi firm :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,079 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Fastway said on amazon tracking they'd delivered an item. Of course they hadn't. It too another week to get finally arrive. I have something else coming from them soon so that'll be fun :(

I've complained to amazon approaching half a dozen times now about fastway and nothing has changed.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

...So if you have an issue, go to Amazon and they will sort you out. If Fastway cost them this much, they won't be long moving to another courier company.

The first post in this thread was five years ago.

Iparcel/Fastway are probably very cheap, and Amazon weigh that up against the cost of claims etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Amazon are only recently pushing for profit rather than market share. They're breaking a lot of eggs doing so. Personally, I use addresspal unless item says fulfilled by Amazon.

It does raise questions about whether their business model is in fact all that good.

Just got a dispatch from a UK seller. Fastway.

Just got a dispatch from a UK seller. Fastway.

And no scans since the 11th. Ugh...

Update: Abandoned on the doorstep.

CyberGhost wrote: »
    Amazon still sends stuff by An Post. It depends who you buy it from. If the seller is Amazon, then it's An Post, if it's a third party then they use i-parcel.

The thing is, actually we are blaming the wrong courier. I-parcel delivers it to a point, but after that it's Fastway that takes over.

So it's Fastway that fails to delivery over and over, not I-parcel.
    I thought I had it cracked by only buying stuff that was fulfilled by Amazon. But just got iParcel with something Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

Is there any 'cast iron' way of avoiding iParcel/Fastway? (other than Addresspal)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

KOR101 wrote: »
    I thought I had it cracked by only buying stuff that was fulfilled by Amazon. But just got iParcel with something Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

Is there any 'cast iron' way of avoiding iParcel/Fastway? (other than Addresspal)

That's odd. Maybe it came from a different country in Europe? For example if you order from the US, even from Amazon themselves, you will get it through Fastway imbiciles.

• Advertisement

That's odd. Maybe it came from a different country in Europe? For example if you order from the US, even from Amazon themselves, you will get it through Fastway imbiciles.
    I feel like I'm in an arm wrestle with Amazon about joining Prime, or paying for delivery.

The Fastway courier in Kerry does seem sound. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,564 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

For orders that Amazon dispatches and ships themselves from their warehouse, I will send it to my address because they use AnPost.

Amazon UK have always used An Post for me, and my last order from two weeks ago was with An Post*, but the order I made a week ago is with i-parcel :rolleyes: even though both items in this order are "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon." FFS.

Amazon say delivery date 15-22nd Jun (talk about vague!) As far as I can make out from the UPS i-parcel site it's still in the UK so there was no chance of ever getting it by today. Even Amazon's own tracking says it only left them yesterday so where were they getting the 15th from? Any previous order I've had with them had "delivered by X date" (and usually arriving 2 -3 days before that) it's no coincidence that this order is the first one to say that the delivery will be on some vague date in the week after the week after I ordered.

I'll be looking elsewhere before I order from Amazon again, even if this delivery works out ok (apart from being so slow by Amazon's standards.) Life is too short to be dealing with that Fastway bunch of muppets.

* Funny thing with the previous order, too. An Post have started delivering parcels on Saturdays - great!!! Except if you are getting it sent to work. Sod's law meant that on An Post tracking it was "attempted to deliver" last Saturday. But as it turns out, the building was open last Saturday (it usually isn't) so what happend was that the An Post driver saw it was a business address and just put down "attempted to deliver" without attempting to deliver. It's Dublin 2 FFS so apart from shops everywhere is closed on a Saturday. In fairness the package was delivered on Monday morning without me having to contact them or do anything. But they shouldn't be putting porkie pies on the tracking system.

Scrap the cap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Just checked an item to see when its likely to be delivered and this is what the last entry says
    Special delivery arrangement requested by the customer which may delay shipment

There are no special delivery arrangements and I'll be contacting Amazon customer service to tell them so.

I'm in no rush for the item so better if iparcel just took their normal sweet time over delivery rather than making up excuses.

Just as bad part of the same order DHL have an item that has been "Out for delivery" for the last too days only its still in Germany from the tracking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

Are fastway still doing the deliverys for amazon/iparcel or has it switched?

5500 wrote: »

If your delivery is by iparcel then fastway are the less than ideal courier company who will make the final delivery.

Still plenty come by An Post.

5500 wrote: »
    What made you think that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

my3cents wrote: »
    Just checked an item to see when its likely to be delivered and this is what the last entry says

There are no special delivery arrangements and I'll be contacting Amazon customer service to tell them so.

I'm in no rush for the item so better if iparcel just took their normal sweet time over delivery rather than making up excuses.

Just as bad part of the same order DHL have an item that has been "Out for delivery" for the last too days only its still in Germany from the tracking.

Came on to ask about this very issue - have the same for a delivery due last Friday

Will definitely contact Amazon about it too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Had a parcel from Amazon delivered by I-Parcel today

At least, that's what the tracking says. The reality is that it wasn't delivered at all. I was home all day, nobody came to the door and nobody rang the phone

Contacted Amazon twice, the first person basically fobbed me off and told me they probably scanned it as delivered by accident, and to wait a few days to see if it turned up. The second person at least asked a few more questions about it, but basically told me the same

Remember when Amazon's customer support was good? And delivery problems were almost non-existent? I miss those days

Virtanen wrote: »
    Had a parcel from Amazon delivered by I-Parcel today

At least, that's what the tracking says. The reality is that it wasn't delivered at all. I was home all day, nobody came to the door and nobody rang the phone

Contacted Amazon twice, the first person basically fobbed me off and told me they probably scanned it as delivered by accident, and to wait a few days to see if it turned up. The second person at least asked a few more questions about it, but basically told me the same

Remember when Amazon's customer support was good? And delivery problems were almost non-existent? I miss those days
    There seems to be a deliberate policy to 'encourage' people onto Prime. But, usually you sign, so that means you're okay and will get a refund. I hope Amazon get over this approach as I have more or less stopped shopping with them.

This happened me last week and the parcel is still showing on Fastway's tracking. I went down to their depot and was basically told the parcel is somewhere in the warehouse but i guarantee it's lost. Got onto Amazon Chat and they refunded me after explaining the situation. Really wish they'd stop using this company for deliveries.

Fastway mailed me to tell me that they did indeed lose my parcel. Rubbish company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭Darwin

Oh dear, looks like nothing has changed then with amazon/I-parcel/fastway. I bought a watch from amazon US and it looks destined to be handled by Fastway. I-Parcel are a shipping platform, so I was living in hope UPS might deliver it but they don't recognise the tracking number. Not due to be delivered for another 10 days, so will post back my experiences.

Just had a couple of items delivered by iparcel (Fastway) and they took two weeks to arrive and were supposed to be Amazon Prime items.

Time to complain again and see if I can get a couple of month Amazon Prime for free, no point paying for Prime and then still having your stuff delivered by the "stupidest courier".

Just had a couple of items delivered by iparcel (Fastway) and they took two weeks to arrive and were supposed to be Amazon Prime items.

Time to complain again and see if I can get a couple of month Amazon Prime for free, no point paying for Prime and then still having your stuff delivered by the "stupidest courier".
    If they're really doing that, then they've lost the plot. Easier to shop in a shop than deal with Fastways.

KOR101 wrote: »
    If they're really doing that, then they've lost the plot. Easier to shop in a shop than deal with Fastways.

When I ordered the item it was definitely listed as Prime but when I check back now its out of stock "Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."no mention of Prime, but it had to be a Prime item when I ordered for me to get free delivery when it was only a tenner. Order history states iparcel as the courier and Fastway delivered it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭Darwin

Darwin wrote: »
    Oh dear, looks like nothing has changed then with amazon/I-parcel/fastway. I bought a watch from amazon US and it looks destined to be handled by Fastway. I-Parcel are a shipping platform, so I was living in hope UPS might deliver it but they don't recognise the tracking number. Not due to be delivered for another 10 days, so will post back my experiences.

My parcel arrived in Ireland last Thursday, sat in customs until last night and was delivered ahead of schedule today. Happy enough with the service from this perspective, although the driver did leave my package outside without ringing me first. Funny too that amazon insisted it be signed for on delivery due to the value of the item, but that never happened.

Hope no one minds me reviving this thread with another iParcel related issue.

The good news is I got a months free Prime membership the bad news is I paid for Amazon Prime to get faster deliveries and so as I didn't have to put up with the vagaries of stuff coming with iParcel.

Item hasn't even come yet but I can see it was sent by iParcel so I went on Amazon chat and pointed out that I joined Prime partly to get away from iParcel the result was a months free membership but tbh I'd have preferred it if they didn't use iParcel.

So if it happens to you complain and get a months free Prime.

Just to add I complained again to Amazon that iParcel were late delivering and that their Irish partners Fastway where lying again.

The tracking shows "Reschedule Request Received" which under the tracking number is reported as "Special delivery arrangement requested by the customer which may delay shipment" this is all to common for Fastway deliveries and of course I didn't contact them.

Edit> If you get any of this sh!t from Fastway with stuff from Amazon please make the effort to put in a complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Another wonderful experience with i-parcel and Fastway to report. The delivery man knocked the door and I immediately ran to open it. I took about five seconds to reach the door, by which point I could see he'd turned around to leave, having dropped the parcel behind a flowerpot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 GroeneThee

Lol, just watched live how Iparcel updated the status saying that I made special delivery arrangements which may delay delivery. Until I looked at it, I didn't even know that Iparcel was the courier. Oh and needless to say, I didn't contact them for "special delivery arrangements" either.

Gr,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,564 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I think "special delivery arrangements" means when they don't feck it over a wall or into your neighbour's wheelie bin

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 GroeneThee

Yeah, you'd think so. I contacted them and asked them why they state that I changed the delivery arrangements and they said it would be delivered tomorrow. We'll see. I had bad experiences with FastWay before - my parents sent me once a package from the Netherlands for Xmas and FastWay basically sent it back to them because the driver couldn't find my address I kid you not.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭loughrey2887

Hi have an expensive TV been delivered by iParcel which I ordered from Amazon. I hand Amazon prime but standard delivery was the only option for the TV and of course iParcel had to get it. It's been in customs all day according to the iParcel tracking which is strange as UK packages tend to breeze through customs. Have been ordering all year full Amazon and it's never been like that. How long does it generally be when Fastway will acknowledge they have the package? Hate having expensive items shipped by them.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

It's not in customs, that's just one of iparcels useless pretend messages, prepare to wait.

That really sucks. I contacted them and they were fast to reply within 15 minutes but insisted they don't have it as it's stuck in customs. Just find that strange as there's no reason customs would hold a UK delivery as the UK is customs free. It's annoying when Amazon forces you do choose standard delivery. I wouldn't mind paying more for better delivery but that option isn't available. Hate dodgy delivery companies when it comes to expensive orders like 1k TVs. Had a feeling I'd have issues getting my order as soon as I saw iParcel pop up in the tracking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

iParcel are the worst so report this to Amazon and hopefully they'll eventually get rid of these shysters.

iParcel are the worst so report this to Amazon and hopefully they'll eventually get rid of these shysters.

I find there's no point as Amazon is now run by a bunch of people from India and the Philippines. There's no European reps there anymore and those Asian reps are totally useless and just read off a script.

It's just annoying. I can understand if it came from the US as items are subject to customs hold when coming from outside the EU but there's no reason why Customs would place a hold on a TV coming from England. Amazon won't help as they have a massively long delivery window up to the 7th August so they won't help until until after that date. Fingers crossed I'll hear something tomorrow but I'm getting a little worried that Fastway took it and didn't bother to scan it into their hub. Hope none of their workers stole it when they saw it was an expensive TV. One of the reasons I hate Amazon sending this with the item packaging visible

It's not in customs, that's just one of iparcels useless pretend messages, prepare to wait.

I Contacted Amazon and the girl was nice, she said she'd get her manager to call them as I waited to ask them what's going on and to move it along promptly. Then suddenly I get an update from Fastway to say they picked it up and is in their hub for delivery tomorrow. They didn't bother to scan it until Amazon chased them, while iParcel claimed it was stuck in customs even though it's coming from England. Fingers crossed it actually comes tomorrow. iParcel alone is a good justification for paying the money to get Amazon prime, though this particular order only has standard as an option

Advertisement