Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of buying a house in The meadow Murroe

• 07-10-2013 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Im thinking of buying a house in the Meadow Murroe. Just wondering what the area is like and if there is much trouble around there? Regeneration etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Don't do it regeneration has ruined the village up there shame really it used to be a lovely little place but not anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I have to disagree with the above poster. We moved out to Murroe about a year ago and were given the same warnings. However we've had no problems and we love the village. There's a great community spirit, the village is well maintained and I've never seen any trouble. We're renting at the moment but would love to buy in the area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Don't do it regeneration has ruined the village up there shame really it used to be a lovely little place but not anymore.

I also totally disagree with this post. Regeneration did have an affect on the village for a while but any problems that there were have long been sorted. I'm not saying that the place is totally free of trouble makers but it has no more than any other village that I know of.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RYR

One thing to consider before you buy in the Meadows might be how many unoccupied houses are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Fi2012

I am thinking of buying a house in Garranbawn estate in Murroe. Does anyone have any information about the area, i.e. If there is any trouble there, owner occupied versus rented housing etc. From our viewing I got a good vibe from the area. Any info would be very helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Fi2012 wrote: »
    I am thinking of buying a house in Garranbawn estate in Murroe. Does anyone have any information about the area, i.e. If there is any trouble there, owner occupied versus rented housing etc. From our viewing I got a good vibe from the area. Any info would be very helpful.

In my honest opinion Garanbawn is the nicest estate in Murroe, there is a really good residents association that maintain the estate great. At an estimate it's about 80/90% owner occupied and those that are rented are mainly to families.
    I've never seen or heard and real trouble.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Advertisement