Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Dulano German smoked and cured sausages - how to cook?

Options
  • 07-10-2013 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭

Bought the above today (seen a recommendation in the Mustard forum) but there's no instructions on how to cook them. They are absolutely huge in size, there are about ten of them and the pack weighs 1kg.

With hot dogs I'd just give a quick blast in the microwave but these are so big that I'd reckon they'd explode. I know I could afford to test one in micro and maybe boil another but I would like to know the best way and for how long I should cook for. Nowhere online seems to return any hits and I've done a search of this section too.

Bought fresh baguettes for them too...drools...which I have to eat before tomorrow or they'll be ducks dinner :) Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Grill them on medium heat for 12-15 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

lukesmom wrote: »
    Grill them on medium heat for 12-15 minutes

Not got a grill oven but sher the oven itself will do! I'll wrap them in tin foil and give the baguettes a quick blast of the heat aswell - smell of 'baking' bread haha!* Would not have thought of this otherwise. Will be much better than boiling them - I do hate waste lately**

*evil advocate of white bread

**turning into my mother :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I buy Bockwurst sausages in Lidl for hot dogs, and I fry them. I hate boiled frankfurters.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Fully boiling can split them

I do franfurters like this
    http://www.hellers.co.nz/family-favourite-sausages/detail/6-family-favourites/flypage/58-continental-frankfurter?sef=hcfp

Cooking Instructions
    Bring the water to the boil, turn down to a slow simmer then add the Hellers Continental Frankfurter’s and heat through until hot. Do not re boil the water, as this will cause the skins to split.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I put bratwurst in the oven once thinking I'd roast them. It was hilarious, they puffed up huge and split.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

When water has reached boiling point, take it completely off the heat. Then leave the sausages submerged in the hot water for ten mins. Their skins are quite thick. Those dulano ones are also extremely high in fat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Shamrok wrote: »
    When water has reached boiling point, take it completely off the heat. Then leave the sausages submerged in the hot water for ten mins. Their skins are quite thick. Those dulano ones are also extremely high in fat.
    +1

You might also want to cover the pot too to not let too much heat out.

Advertisement