Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to remove sticker on accoustic guitar headstock

Options
  • 07-10-2013 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

hi,
    I have a McIlroy accoustic guitar and the logo sticker is fading from the headstock.
    I emailed the maker and he posted me a replacement sticker which is great.
    However, i have the issue of removing the original sticker first. Its not possible to get a piece of it up to peel it off.
    does anyone know the best practice to tackle my issue?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Is it a sticker or a decal?

A sticker will come off with a damp cloth and something blunt to scrape it off

A decal will most likely need to be scraped off with a razor blade or something equally sharp and lots of careful patience so you don't damage the headstock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

WD40

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 The Codemaster

I use an ice scraper to get stickers off (plastic, so not abrasive) and then some rubbing alcohol to get rid of the glue scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,098 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Try a hairdryer to soften the glue, will lift most stickers/decals.

Advertisement