Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

joining more than one club

Options
  • 07-10-2013 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Is there any issue with joining more than one club in the Dublin area? Some of the training sessions with one club are very handy. I have been a member of another club for a couple of years now and don't fancy totally jumping ship.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

I know a guy who, in 2012, was a member of Midland Tri Club, 3D and Pulse. You should hope that being a member of more than one club is all you have in common with him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

BTH wrote: »
    I know a guy who, in 2012, was a member of Midland Tri Club, 3D and Pulse. You should hope that being a member of more than one club is all you have in common with him :D

Do tell who?

Do tell who?

I'm saying nothing :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Then stopped turning up to Pulse training sessions about two weeks after joining!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭NorthernRaider

Tintin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

In truth - his attendance at training sessions with other clubs had little to do with training. I'd sincerely hope a mod can come along and stop any further negative comments regarding this individual since his motives have to be respected and in many ways applauded.

I would have thought another brother/member of the 'illuminati' would have stood up for his noble approaches to ...

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

good name for a tri club Illuminat(r)i

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

I'm saying nothing :)

You've earned my curiosity now. No substitute for a bit of scandal. :D So what's the story?

Tintin?

Must dig into NR's history to see how he knows this.....

peter kern wrote: »
    good name for a tri club Illuminat(r)i

Alas, our good friend Interested is referring to illuminati in more of a Blackpool kind of way.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I feel sorry for the op.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

bopperr wrote: »
    Is there any issue with joining more than one club in the Dublin area? Some of the training sessions with one club are very handy. I have been a member of another club for a couple of years now and don't fancy totally jumping ship.

You don't need to join the club. Alot of clubs allow people to tag along for training without joining. Albeit usually country folk training with Dublin clubs.

That being said if your present club isn't doing it for you why remain in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

Alas, our good friend Interested is referring to illuminati in more of a Blackpool kind of way.

the name allows for triathletes to be enlighthened in different ways since the R is in ( ) ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭lway

bopperr wrote: »

Getting back on track and away from the clique. There should be no issue with joining more than one club. Several members of the club i'm in are also registered with other clubs and when I meet them at races they run in their other club's colours. Like you I am considering joining a second club, i'm very involved with my current club (attending meetings, organising training etc.) but have reached a level where there are few of us, so could do with joining a bigger club with more members of a higher ability to me in order to progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

lway wrote: »
    Getting back on track and away from the clique. There should be no issue with joining more than one club. Several members of the club i'm in are also registered with other clubs and when I meet them at races they run in their other club's colours. Like you I am considering joining a second club, i'm very involved with my current club (attending meetings, organising training etc.) but have reached a level where there are few of us, so could do with joining a bigger club with more members of a higher ability to me in order to progress.

Sorta like a patch over?

(too much Sons of Anarchy :) )

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

You don't necessarily need to join a new Tri club, if you want to improve your cycling, you could always go work with a cycling club/group...same for running and swimming.

Advertisement