Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hdmi to composite question

• 07-10-2013 4:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭

I have a dvd player with hdmi out and scart out however it will not play on my normal tv,only thr hdmi tv,i got one of those cables that have hdmi on one end and 5 coloured plugs on the other but still wont play,,have tried setting the dvd player to factory settings etc but no joy,,any suggestions thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

Presume you've tried different scart leads to rule out a bad lead?

What's the make & model of the DVD player?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

tried 3 different leads,,its a toshiba dvd player/recorder,,have reset all functions but no way will this thing work from scart output but great on the hdmi lead.
    it would probably work with the tv antenna outpu but that probably needs tv input,,must give it a go

On the recorder, do you have the scart lead connected to the AV1 (TV) socket?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

daveob007 wrote: »
    I have a dvd player with hdmi out and scart out however it will not play on my normal tv,

have a look at the scart settings on that TV, it might need to be changed to suit the HDMI signal.

its the settings on the dvd recorder,won't work on any other tv either,only hdmi,might get one of those hdmi to composite convertors on ebay.

• Advertisement

Does the DVD recorder have 2 scart sockets? Do you have your scart lead connected to the one labeled AV1 or TV? The 2nd is just for input, for recording from an external device.

Peter Rhea wrote: »
    Does the DVD recorder have 2 scart sockets? Do you have your scart lead connected to the one labeled AV1 or TV? The 2nd is just for input, for recording from an external device.
    tried both,input works fine from my vhs player but output maybe faulty,only works via hdmi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,321 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

daveob007 wrote: »
    tried both,input works fine from my vhs player but output maybe faulty,only works via hdmi.

Does the scart out on the DVD player work on the HDMI tv? (it should have scart in too)

By the way, scart carries a few different signals (composite/rgb/s video) if youre breaking it out to composite you still havent testes the others.

Does the tv have proper scart connection? if it does, try a proper rgb scart cable.

The scart output on the DVD machine will only do composite & RGB. Probably just composite when HDMI is selected as video output.

Scart settings on a tv would usually just be a choice between 'video' & 's-video' on 1 of the connections.

given up,,tried every possible choice but still only works on hdmi out,,getting a small tv with hdmi in from a friend,,,,,thanks for all the help guys..

• Advertisement
Advertisement