Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw 07/10/13 *Spoilers including Battleground Results*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

IanMc666 wrote: »
    Again with the app tutorial.. Christ.

A viral campaign to pick bob backlund would be good

You'd have to imagine app votes don't matter a jot, it's always going to be HBK

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭IanMc666

A viral campaign to pick bob backlund would be good

You'd have to imagine app votes don't matter a jot, it's always going to be HBK

Funny enough speaking of apps and Bob Backlund. Lance Storm did a Tweet there saying something "I wonder if Bob Backlund knows how to download an app? That would be one hell of a backstage segment" :D:D

But yeah, HBK all the way for sure. Or HBShizzle :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Love Albertos new theme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Oh come on, I was sure Rey Rey was coming out then.

WHAT??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT? CENA??

Cenas back already?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

OH FOR FU

Not only is Cena back, but for the WHC?

Something's up, I'm not buying it..

• Advertisement

andyman wrote: »
    Not only is Cena back, but for the WHC?

Something's up, I'm not buying it..

Yeah, straight back into the title picture as always. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I knew with business not great they would rush back cena but surely not this early?:confused:

Oh come on, this is excellent news for the WHC, surely?

Nobody would have predicted this. Great 30second segment, that was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's Cena, they're not going to put him in a mid-card feud and let him build his way back up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭LOTD

Cena facing Del Rio for the WHC is a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

I suppose it gives them an excuse to unify the belts whenever Cena feuds with Bryan again.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    It's Cena, they're not going to put him in a mid-card feud and let him build his way back up.

I know yeah, it's just.. Meh :P

kinda wanted Bob Backlund to win, just so I could see him apply the cross face chicken wing at least two more times :P

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭eass82

Miz TV with special guest the Miz..... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Can't it be more awful than Eva Marie's selling tho

Actually been giving it more thought there and I remembered Del Rio was against Zack Ryder on Raw a week or two ago and I'd literally forgotten he was world champion until he picked up the belt at the end of the match, so actually yeah, that announcement was not so bad.

Yay, no listening to The Miz drone on

• Advertisement

Heel turn? Or not haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Great ending.

Good on you Show.

That was a good show, to be fair.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

To be honest they dropped the ball with how they booked Rhodes last night, he was coming off on hell of a hot finish match at Battleground and they follow it up with putting him in a unadvertised 6 man tag match.

They should have put over how credible he looked against the shield and how the rhodes have the shields number, etc.

It seems like WWE forsaw the flop Battleground was going to be and pushed a non finish like that almost as a FU to the fans for not having an interest in the PPV.

To any american fans who forked out for both PPVs (BG & HITC) will fork out $110 just to see the conclusion to the WWE Title saga. There's something very wCw like this....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The money shot:
    zXMBObi.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm not 100% sure I'm gone on the idea that Bryan's big "Standing over HHH to end the show" moment came after he just snuck in after Show punched HHH's lights out...

....but **** me, I was grinning ear to ear for that ending. The moment Show punched HHH, it just made me so happy. And HHH sold it like a champ as well. So I'll take it.

Meanwhile, agree with the above that Cody seems to have been let down with the follow up. Cena vs Del Rio has something suspicious round it, but not sure what yet, but at least that's suspenseful. Goldust looks badass. And HBK is back!

So overall, enjoyed that Raw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,371 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i'm not particularly happy with Show getting that payoff, but it was a brilliant moment alright.

it made sense considering where they were going with it, but Bryan is a bit of an afterthought, despite "standing tall".

According to Meltzer; Aksana, Alicia, Rosa vs Natalya, JoJo, Eva Marie was a rib done to amuse management and humble Eva Marie as she thinks she is all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 cdarcy89

I'm surprised is back this early but its good that he hasn't been thrown into the middle of the Bryan/Orton promo. Didn't see last nights show but it was good to see Big Show let off some steam on HHH's chin :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

rovert wrote: »
    The money shot:

think HHH was watching this recently

victory-road-2009-jenna-morasca-sharmell.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Will Shawn turn on his student and join his best friend? Is this one big plan to bring part heel DX?

Jester252 wrote: »
    Will Shawn turn on his student and join his best friend? Is this one big plan to bring part heel DX?

How about Cena winning Alberto's title only for Del Rio to viciously assault Cena and then for Sandow to cash in and win. Setting up two matches for Cena's proper return?

According to Meltzer; Aksana, Alicia, Rosa vs Natalya, JoJo, Eva Marie was a rib done to amuse management and humble Eva Marie as she thinks she is all that.

Do you think Eva Marie knows how to take a bump, she just lands on her backside, Aksana was fairly clueless as well. I didn't she the whole match, did JoJo even tag in. Does Finlay not do any work with the divas division anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

How about Cena winning Alberto's title only for Del Rio to viciously assault Cena and then for Sandow to cash in and win. Setting up two matches for Cena's proper return?

Sandow is no where near Cena's level and wouldn't be taken as a credible contender, nor would he be given a chance in a rematch if he did cash in on Cena.

All the more reason burying the guy with the case is so effing stupid -_-

Cena winning the WHC and holding it for a few months would be perfect actually and would restore credibility to the title. Good move imo.

At the very least the WHC match won't be the curtain jerker anymore.

And yes they really should merge the belts and doing it at WMXXX would be perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Not only does Cena has a world heavyweight title match coming up but he also has a claim on the WWE championship. Only one storyline I can see
    Cena to unite the WWE championship and World Heavyweight championship at Wrestlemania XXX.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Shows newly found backbone makes me think
    Vince
    is on the way back fairly soon.

Also anyone else think Booker looked a little miffed that Backlund got more votes then him :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Cena winning the WHC and holding it for a few months would be perfect actually and would restore credibility to the title. Good move imo.

I know Del Rio has been on Raw most monday nights but As the WHC is a Smackdown belt, i think IF he wins it, (and i dont think he will win it) but if he does there is no chance that Cena will hold it for a few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I know Del Rio has been on Raw most monday nights but As the WHC is a Smackdown belt, i think IF he wins it, (and i dont think he will win it) but if he does there is no chance that Cena will hold it for a few months.

You'd often have the top guys on both shows in the build up to WM, it'd be fine and Cena is a workhorse anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Good enough Raw,ending was brilliant.

Funny hearing Cole call Hornswaggle Dylan for a split second,then trying to cove his tracks.

My jaysus will this boring Punk/Heyman feud ever end?Now they've thrown Truth in to make it even worse!

They must be worried about business to bring Cena back this early.

They had some balls giving Backlund a live microphone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,982 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm not 100% sure I'm gone on the idea that Bryan's big "Standing over HHH to end the show" moment came after he just snuck in after Show punched HHH's lights out...

....but **** me, I was grinning ear to ear for that ending. The moment Show punched HHH, it just made me so happy. And HHH sold it like a champ as well. So I'll take it.

Meanwhile, agree with the above that Cody seems to have been let down with the follow up. Cena vs Del Rio has something suspicious round it, but not sure what yet, but at least that's suspenseful. Goldust looks badass. And HBK is back!

So overall, enjoyed that Raw.

I kinda feel Show is taking over Bryan's storyline too much now tbh, Bryan should be the one to knock out HHH imo

Feels like maybe Big Show vs Triple H at Hell in the Cell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

LOTD wrote: »
    Feels like maybe Big Show vs Triple H at Hell in the Cell?

Could they throw each other off it please, no need to give Show his last rites we now know that he has no soul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I think that is what most are predicting, Cena returning may be a one off thing just to pop a buyrate and he could go back into healing until the Rumble.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I kinda feel Show is taking over Bryan's storyline too much now tbh, Bryan should be the one to knock out HHH imo

It wouldn't have even been hard to set up. Show raises his fist to punch HHH, HHH flinches and turns....and Bryan catches him with a running knee. Continue script as original.

• Advertisement

Rjd2 wrote: »
    I think that is what most are predicting, Cena returning may be a one off thing just to pop a buyrate and he could go back into healing until the Rumble.

Cena was always met to be all over WWE TV promoting the Komen stuff however he sent out the message 2 weeks ago of essentially no I am not anymore. His likeness was all over a the PR material.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Sure seems like Show and Triple H, I can see why Bryan could be in that spot instead but I like the way the current best for business storyline involves a number of people and lots of feuds are linked.

Cody in a great spot, seeing Goldust back again, The Shield, bringing the Wyatt's in to punish the lockeroom members that rebelled etc.

Why not have Bryan focused on the Title and a huge feud with Orton? That should be enough for now.

and at one point it looked like it was going to be Show v Booker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,982 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Sure seems like Show and Triple H, I can see why Bryan could be in that spot instead but I like the way the current best for business storyline involves a number of people and lots of feuds are linked.

Cody in a great spot, seeing Goldust back again, The Shield, bringing the Wyatt's in to punish the lockeroom members that rebelled etc.

Why not have Bryan focused on the Title and a huge feud with Orton? That should be enough for now.

and at one point it looked like it was going to be Show v Booker

I still wanna see HHH Vs. Daniel Bryan at some stage much prefer it than Show Vs. HHH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Wasn't happy about no AJ but think I can let it slide now that I know why :o Hopefully she will be back soon. She didn't really show any signs of having a concussion on Sunday so hopefully it is just a minor one and she only misses a week or two.

I'm not expecting Cena for HIAC. WWE have grown fond of the bait and switch lately so I reckon something will happen to change the match. I'll be happy, but surprised, to see him back so soon. His PPV matches nearly always deliver, as do Del Rio's. If Cena is ready to go, it will be a match of the night contender.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Wasn't happy about no AJ but think I can let it slide now that I know why :o Hopefully she will be back soon. She didn't really show any signs of having a concussion on Sunday so hopefully it is just a minor one and she only misses a week or two.

I'm not expecting Cena for HIAC. WWE have grown fond of the bait and switch lately so I reckon something will happen to change the match. I'll be happy, but surprised, to see him back so soon. His PPV matches nearly always deliver, as do Del Rio's. If Cena is ready to go, it will be a match of the night contender.

Lance Storm commented on his twitter, he is surprised that Cena would be making a comeback this soon given the severity of a torn tricep injury and the risk involved. Can't see them putting their top earner in jeopardy.

Agree with you on Del Rio, he has put on some great matches as of late.

• Advertisement
Advertisement