Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw 07/10/13 *Spoilers including Battleground Results*

13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

iHJthv05oFXN4.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Ridley

Unification match at Survivor Series plz, WWE.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Ridley wrote: »
    Unification match at Survivor Series plz, WWE.

Never gonna happen! Wwe need two world titles for their two lots of house shows.

Loughc wrote: »
    Never gonna happen! Wwe need two world titles for their two lots of house shows.

Are they still doing them? I thought they were merged under WWE Live now.

Although looking at the November tour they've still got superstars scattered across Europe. Oh well, unification should still happen. Just make certain people important enough that you don't need title holders. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,382 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Going by the reaction Cesaro gets for the giant swing, how long until we see him do it for both members of a tag team? Was expecting him to do it last night with Santino right after Khali. I'm not counting Swoggle. Also, how long until the Cesaro tshirt goes on sale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Ridley wrote: »
    Are they still doing them? I thought they were merged under WWE Live now.

Although looking at the November tour they've still got superstars scattered across Europe. Oh well, unification should still happen. Just make certain people important enough that you don't need title holders. :p

They aren't branded as Raw and Smackdown anymore but both titles are normally on different time tables. It allows them to advertise a world title match (or at least a World champion) for every show. Can't see it changing unless they cut back on house shows which would mean something is very wrong in the company considering how long they have successfully been doing two lots.

Unification shouldn't happen. They should instead treat the WHC title like its as important as the WWE. If Cena is actually going to be involved, they may be planning on doing just that.

Liked the brand split but now that Raw and Smackdown are more or less interlocked again there's no point in having having two world and mid-card champions.

I know the business reasons for doing it but that doesn't mean I can't hope They do it for narrative reasons. Plus I like the idea of Bryan beating Cena again to unify the belts. :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

They dropped the "Raw" and "Smackdown" titles from the shows, but still run two shows separately. Just means they can put whoever they want on whatever show they want, without fear of people thinking "Raw shows mean X or Y will be there!"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

This was a good enough Raw but really hit home the fact that Battleground was just building to HIAC instead of being important in any way in it's own right (they even repeated the Cesaro swing spot on Khali and added in an extra Hornswaggle one for good merit). As others said I kinda like that the main storyline is being used with regards a number of people and not just as a Bryan vehicle but it will establish Bryan at the top of the card imo (perhaps already has although he obviously isn't Cena level but itl take years of being pushed for anyone to have that). They are making Big Show look almost too good though imo and have this whole storyling (like when he had a match with Bryan several weeks back and it was booked as if he could have destroyed Bryan but didnt want to face him) as this week all 3 members of the shield were just swatted away as he knocked out HHH, although tbh I enjoyed it so ill give it a pass.

They def want HIAC to sell and not flop though. Cena, HBK, the Cell matches (is there 2? maybe not) themselves. Speaking of which the Cena thing just seems really odd unless he is just returning (assuming it isnt a bait and switch) to bump the ratings (and be a tansitional challenger for ADR / make him or Sandow or whoever look good) and then get "re-injured" until the Rumble. I mean if he was really going to be back it would kinda render the whole new face of the WWE idea pointless as the old face of the company would be around, plus even if he was involved with the WHC can you really imagine Cena not getting involved in the main storyline and standing up to "The Authority".

Good point about HIAC. How many HIAC matches will there be? I don't see the WHC match being in a cell since would increase the risk of injury to Cena. Maybe the Punk match?

If Cena does fight in the WHC match, which more likely: Cena not being in the final match of the night or the WHC match going on last when it's usually first or mid show?

• Advertisement

Apparently, Cena's injury was never going to keep him out as long as claimed. They simply said that so they can keep up the Super Cena routine when he returns so far ahead of schedule.

I don't think Cena vs ADR will be inside the cell. It isn't needed. Bryan vs Orton obviously and if needed, Punk vs Ryback or whatever combination they can drag out of that feud. I wouldn't be shocked with Triple H vs Big Show either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,371 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Apparently, Cena's injury was never going to keep him out as long as claimed. They simply said that so they can keep up the Super Cena routine when he returns so far ahead of schedule.

so they lied about the injury, as did Dr Andrews?

i think Cena just has insane recuperation capabilities tbh, or it wasn't actually a triceps injury. it's one of the two.

There's a few "reports" going round now that, to me, stink of "Oh, they announced Cena is coming back, so we can write stories that make us look in the know".

Things like "He was never expected to be out for long" being case and point; None of the sites were reporting that last week, and suddenly after WWE announce he's coming back, ALL the sites are running with "We knew he'd be back soon".

And if there's a screwy storyline (as I expect), suddenly it'll be back to "Oh, no, he's still hurt but we knew that".

Personally, I think Cena is still a few months back from 100% recovery. Personally, I think they can announce his "return" a month out giving him another moth. At the PPV then, the match can be a short non-starter, giving him another month till the PPV if they want. All the while, talking, tag matches and angles can protect him while he recovers but stays on TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

There is no way they'd advertise Cena wrestling and not have him wrestle.

There's also no way he wouldn't be wrestling if he wasn't OK to do so.

Having him win the WHC is just what that title needs. I think it's a great idea.

The crowd singing happy birthday to Bruno during one of the commercial breaks:

He is a very robust 78.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Moneymaker wrote: »
    There's also no way he wouldn't be wrestling if he wasn't OK to do so

Wouldn't share your certainty about this

Cena has said he'll be there, so something is happening. Be it a match or an angle, who knows.

Attacked backstage by a mystery assailant, Del Rio come out and claim the victory, Cena will make his way to the ring and it'll be a quick match.

Got round to watching Raw. Haven't been impressed with Daniel Bryan's revenge promos. Situation made worse by Maddox announcing the Hell in the Cell coz October rather than a pissed off Bryan challenging Orton to that stipulation. Also standing over Triple H after Big Show KO'd him is something like a weasel heel manager would do not a top babyface.

The follow up from Sunday's match was extremely poor after that special moment at the end of the Battleground tag where Cody was over like rover. No follow up promo on Raw and he only appeared in the 3rd hour as the sixth man in the ring.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

They've given the audience no compelling reason to care about Bryan for the last month or so,and the few promos he's had have just portrayed him as being holier than thou or weak,and not in a good underdog weak sort of way either.

Look's like the idea of him becoming a top level face is dead in the water already tbh,unless himself Orton and HBK can pull a rabbit out of a hat in the run up to HIAC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

They've given the audience no compelling reason to care about Bryan for the last month or so,and the few promos he's had have just portrayed him as being holier than thou or weak,and not in a good underdog weak sort of way either.

Look's like the idea of him becoming a top level face is dead in the water already tbh,unless himself Orton and HBK can pull a rabbit out of a hat in the run up to HIAC.

I agree... Was majorly stoked for this Bryan vs the Authority storyline. Too much hot potato being played with the belt, don't care anymore really. Shame.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Omackeral wrote: »
    I agree... Was majorly stoked for this Bryan vs the Authority storyline. Too much hot potato being played with the belt, don't care anymore really. Shame.

Plus now Big Show has taken over the whole Authority angle , Bryan is just going after the title now while Big Show is going against the Boss

I think I said a month ago that I felt the story they wanted long term was Show vs Orton and Show vs HHH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

he has mainevented every raw for like 2 months, mainevented last 4 ppvs, gets reactions live that austin in his prime would have been happy with, does cena like tv numbers for his segments, sells tons of merch, is beating orton clean night after night on the house-show circuit and is favourite to win the rumble according to meltzer.

yes the booking of him since summerslam hasn't been the best in terms of building character but in-ring he is being booked really strong (much stronger than punk was from july 2011 till july 2012)

but who else is there on the top level face side?? even looking down the road 2-3 years the face side looks weak as the potential maineventers such as reigns/ambrose/wyatt don't seem to me likely faces. he has passed out sheamus easily. punks future after 2014 is still up in the air

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

How long do you think it'll be until we get Ryback vs Axel? Seems inevitable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

CSF wrote: »
    How long do you think it'll be until we get Ryback vs Axel? Seems inevitable.

Wrestlemania XXX main event, obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Omackeral wrote: »
    Wrestlemania XXX main event, obviously.

Bret Hart'd probably spooge at the prospect.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    but who else is there on the top level face side?? even looking down the road 2-3 years the face side looks weak as the potential maineventers such as reigns/ambrose/wyatt don't seem to me likely faces. he has passed out sheamus easily. punks future after 2014 is still up in the air

I personally think Reigns could be a massive main event level babyface ala Batista. A big muscle head who can murder people. Already has the finisher that can make a crowd pop easily, and his look is nearly there. And he's got the look WWE (and Vince) loves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Bret Hart'd probably spooge at the prospect.

He`d give it 5/10!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

CSF wrote: »
    Wouldn't share your certainty about this

It's 2013, not 1983. They actually somewhat look after their wrestlers now.

And Cena is Superman. He'll be fine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement