Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of installing freestanding stove dublin

Options
  • 07-10-2013 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

leanbh wrote: »
    Am looking for cost of installing free standing Stanley stove , price to include purchase of flexi flue liner , vermiculite , cowl, bends etc. two story house existing chimney north dublin no rads connected. I have the stove. Three quotes vary from 600 to 1600 euro!!!! Am also having trouble getting recommendations for a good reliable installer. Anyone?

I think those quotes seem very high. Did you ask where you bought it to recommend someone? I installed a boru insert stove last year. Paid €240 to get installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭leanbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭littlevillage

It all depends on what condition your fireplace is in to begin with.

The bits and pieces (Vermiculite, Flexi Flue, T-piece and the Flue adaptor etc. ) will probably come to €400-€500 depending on the length and width of your chimney (the amount of space to be filled with vermiculite) and then if there is any rebuilding or plastering etc. of the fireplace itself, add in those materials.

Also of course add on Labour €100-€150 a day per man.

So you are looking at the bones of a €1000 for most jobs.

Incidently I am being quoted exactly a €1000 for this job in my house, (fitting Stove in a dormer bungalow, Chimney & fireplace not in not great condition).

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭leanbh

Advertisement