Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Text Message Backups/Restores

• 07-10-2013 5:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,917 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

First off I may as well say I know almost nothing about iPhones, IOS or iTunes - I'm an IT manager but I've always had Androids or Windows Phones so this question may be stupid and any answers should be written as such :)

One of our managers needs to restore text/SMS messages from last week to their iPhone. They updated to IOS 7 at the weekend and I'm told they did to a backup to their personal laptop via iTunes first (they are bringing phone and laptop to me tomorrow).

So...
    - Would a standard iTunes backup (they aren't very technical so I doubt settings were changed) have included text messages?
    - Where would this backup be stored and how do I go about restoring it?
    Can I restore individual messages? The one they're after was deleted AFTER the upgrade to IOS 7
    - Anything else I need to know?

Thanks in advance folks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I'm pretty sure it does contain your texts. You could try restoring from the backup to test.

If you want an app to poke around inside the backups, iBackup Extractor is what you're after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭shanec1928

the backup should have your texts but as you will be backing up to a back up a week or so ago you will lose those texts that you got in the meantime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,917 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Cheers lads.. I used that app that Zcott recommended and it basically did all the hard work for me - just selected the text they wanted and exported it to HTML.

2 min job and I look like a genius :p

Thanks again!

Advertisement