Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Running Equipment

Options
  • 07-10-2013 5:44pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Goes on sale on Thursday...

I've never gotten any of their running gear before but I'd imagine most of it would be ok for the price, I've got cycling stuff from them before and it has been good enough quality.

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thursday-10th-october/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭SnailsPace

adrian522 wrote: »
    Goes on sale on Thursday...

I've never gotten any of their running gear before but I'd imagine most of it would be ok for the price, I've got cycling stuff from them before and it has been good enough quality.

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thursday-10th-october/

Sssshhh!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Great, I need gloves after I managed to tipp the crap out of my old one's last year

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭HuntingDrog

Anyone buy the lightweight yellow jacket? I wore mine today on a run and sweated buckets with it.....not impressed tbh. It's predecessor (maybe 2 yrs ago) was more breathable(.....sweated less in it anyway)

Anyone else use it yet? Any similar thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Anyone buy the lightweight yellow jacket? I wore mine today on a run and sweated buckets with it.....not impressed tbh. It's predecessor (maybe 2 yrs ago) was more breathable(.....sweated less in it anyway)

Anyone else use it yet? Any similar thoughts?

Same here. It was starting to rain as I was leaving the house so I grabbed it . Took it off after a mile and it was soaking on the inside. Carried it for 10 miles, but then had a cramp in my hand, so put it back on for the last couple of miles. When I got home, I was ringing wet, the sleeves were stuck to my arms. So overall, not great, but it has a handy little bag for packing away (only noticed when I got home). Will do in emergencies only from here on in I think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭slingerz

any ideas when this sort of stuff comes on sale again or when lidl do their version of it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

slingerz wrote: »
    any ideas when this sort of stuff comes on sale again or when lidl do their version of it?
    Probably just after xmas, to tie-in with the new years resolutions. Next one after that will be just after easter-Sunday. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

Slingerz,

If you're in a rush, try Heatons Sports World if there's one in your locality.

They usually sell Karrimor stuff at good prices. I have quite a lot of their gear and find it really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭slingerz

pointer28 wrote: »
    Slingerz,

If you're in a rush, try Heatons Sports World if there's one in your locality.

They usually sell Karrimor stuff at good prices. I have quite a lot of their gear and find it really good.

there is actually so i'm going to give this a look to see if i can find some decent stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Still some running gear in Aldi at Newlands Cross

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Were there gloves in Aldi last week ?
    There is some runner gear left in Nutgrove but no gloves.

If there are any left in other Aldis, I will go further afield.

Alternatively, any suggestions for cheap running gloves, other than the ordinary cheap gloves in Dunnes/Penneys.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

huskerdu wrote: »

Alternatively, any suggestions for cheap running gloves, other than the ordinary cheap gloves in Dunnes/Penneys.

Thanks

Heston's Sports World, Karrimor brand, just as good as the Nike pair I have, only cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

huskerdu wrote: »

Thanks

Whats the difference?? Serious question?? I wear gloves purely for warmth and boogie "half extraction" absorption :D

Warmth mostly, due to poor circulation me thinks...

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Cycling Dumbasses

Buy cheap buy twice, lidl/aldi great for alot of things but not running/cycling gear.

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Whats the difference?? Serious question?? I wear gloves purely for warmth and boogie "half extraction" absorption :D

Warmth mostly, due to poor circulation me thinks...

I have circulation issues too, and need gloves for a lot of the year.
    I sometimes wear ordinary cheap ones, but I find them scratchy and uncomfortable, especially when a bit sweaty. I prefer the ones in a smooth fabric.

Buy cheap buy twice, lidl/aldi great for alot of things but not running/cycling gear.

IMHO, A lot of the running gear in Aldi/Lidl is as high a quality as more expensive brands, especially stuff like gloves and socks that you replace a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I dunno, I've still got some Lidl/Aldi running capris and tights that I got 3 years ago, and that are still in regular service for running and the gym. Didn't pay more than a tenner for them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Aldi running gear back again next Thur, info is here.

opus wrote: »
    Aldi running gear back again next Thur, info is here.

not sure that I would head out in these snazzy shorts!

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thursday-3rd-april/products-detail-page/ps/p/mens-running-shorts/

glasso wrote: »

they look relatively ok. However, there is never any occasion when these are appropriate
    W1414_PD_Thursday_UK12.jpg

having said that, I might buy a pair :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

PaulieC wrote: »
    However, there is never any occasion when these are appropriate

Capris are only for women and the French. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I think i will get the insoles and handy drink bottle

Capris are only for women and the French. :pac:

these are men's Capris. But they have a more macho name - 3/4 length running pants

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Wonder what the super shoes are like, wonder are they neutral?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

PaulieC wrote: »
    they look relatively ok. However, there is never any occasion when these are appropriate
    W1414_PD_Thursday_UK12.jpg

having said that, I might buy a pair :D

I've seen men wearing these a few time - the 'to below the knee tights' and I'm really torn between which is worse.. .these or full-length running tights on men. Men, please, when the sale starts, don't buy them. Either type. I'm pleading with yiz:(
    Summer's nearly here. Leave these evil items rest and just wear yer shorts. Please.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

Ososlo wrote: »
    I've seen men wearing these a few time

I wear the full length tights, but allways with shorts over, someone has to think of the children. Are they ok with the shorts over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Murtinho wrote: »
    I wear the full length tights, but allways with shorts over, someone has to think of the children. Are they ok with the shorts over?

well em no not really:o but considerably better with than without I guess if it's really cold!

Murtinho wrote: »

imo there is no good look with leggings for men for running. just leggings and you look like an exhibitionist, with shorts you look like someone wearing tights and hotpants. I own a couple of pairs of these things but rarely use them!

glasso wrote: »
    imo there is no good look with leggings for men for running. just leggings and you look like an exhibitionist, with shorts you look like someone wearing tights and hotpants. I own a couple of pairs of these things but rarely use them!

it is a dilemma alright. When I wear them (maybe 3-5 times a year) it's usually with no shorts, but with a longish jacket to hide the muckle :P. IMO shorts over them is a definite no-no, it just looks wrong. Even more wrong than capris or just tights. I do acknowledge, however, that this is a long-running debate and there is actually no right answer (except just not wearing them).

Was over in Aldi earlier and the stuff isn't great to be honest. The running shorts have no lining, the jacket is the same jacket that they sold the last time, except this time it's 17.99 and not 4.99 (I put mine back at the till, was in me hole paying that money for what is effectively a disposable plastic bag) and the mens socks were all black unless you have tiny feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

Have to agree with you P, only bought a pair of shorts, just because I have none at the mo ( damn spring cleaning !).
    Worst selection of gear I've seen in Aldi since they started up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Rega

Anyone get the bluetooth earphones?

Any good?

Edit: It's ok. Found a few reviews http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057180978

Advertisement