Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge Builder

Options
  • 07-10-2013 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi there,

We're looking for a builder in the Newbridge area. I'd be grateful if people could recommend builders that they've personally used themselves.

Quality & cost are paramount.

Thanks!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Bit of help. Are you building a barbecue out the back or a whole house?.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

We used Eamon McLoughlin for our extension and he built the brother in laws house. Good builder.

A few things though. Get your quote detailed in writing (everything) and get him to sign it. He also likes to use Munster joinery for windows and doors but I would avoid them like the plague . Our front door needs replacing after 2 years at our cost. Use and insist on Grady joinery.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭KATM

Thanks a million Damien360 - that's a huge help!!!

Sorry, Ken - I should have been more specific... We're looking at buying a house, but it needs a bit of work. So things like skimming plasterwork, insulation, maybe some re-wiring and plumbing. We're not 100% sure - we'd like a builder to come have a look and advise us? Or perhaps we should look at getting a surveyor in to inform us?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭KATM

Damien360 wrote: »
    We used Eamon McLoughlin for our extension and he built the brother in laws house. Good builder.

A few things though. Get your quote detailed in writing (everything) and get him to sign it. He also likes to use Munster joinery for windows and doors but I would avoid them like the plague . Our front door needs replacing after 2 years at our cost. Use and insist on Grady joinery.

Damian360 - would you mind PMing me his contact details? Thanks a million!

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

PM sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

KATM wrote: »
    Damian360 - would you mind PMing me his contact details? Thanks a million!

done

Advertisement