Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom efiber upgrade

Options
  • 07-10-2013 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi,

I tried to upgrade to efiber this evening I was told it was in my area and was told after two years of being a customer that I would have to setup a direct debt to get efiber. I have eircom's normal broadband but to get efiber I had to setup a direct debt for "security reasons" . I have always paid my bill on time so why cant I just upgrade and keep my billing structure as it is ? Come on Eircom wtf!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Don't go down the efibre route with eircom its a nightmare switch to a new provider

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭kaisersoze

Was just about to post the same thread!
    Just come off the phone from placing order which I'm not going to do now!
    Direct debit with eircom? Your having a laugh.
    The company is a joke
    First of all they wanted my phone number keyed in
    They when I eventually got talking to someone I had to call it out again
    Then I got put on to someone else and the phone number is no use. The have to have my account number or UAN number!
    Good a time as any to move to another provider I think 
    Amateur hour lads

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Wendolene

dave1982 wrote: »
    Don't go down the efibre route with eircom its a nightmare switch to a new provider
    Why so, dave ?

Wendolene wrote: »
    Why so, dave ?
    1 month waiting for fibre being told they would contact me with a install date rand evry 2nd day and today I was told they order was bad and needed to start again

Why so, dave ?
    1 month waiting for fibre being told they would contact me with a install date rand evry 2nd day and today I was told they order was bad and needed to start again
    Was that eircom or the new provider ? I don't quite follow where the nightmare switch comes in.

• Advertisement

Why so, dave ?
    Was that eircom or the new provider ? I don't quite follow where the nightmare switch comes in.
    Ok different strokes I suppose, you think its acceptable to be waiting a month for efibre to be installed only to be told sorry we actually made a mistake with our online orders so there is no order placed.After being told for the last few weeks that I would get a install date soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi,

I tried to upgrade to efiber this evening I was told it was in my area and was told after two years of being a customer that I would have to setup a direct debt to get efiber. I have eircom's normal broadband but to get efiber I had to setup a direct debt for "security reasons" . I have always paid my bill on time so why cant I just upgrade and keep my billing structure as it is ? Come on Eircom wtf!?
    Hi SamandFrank

I've looked into this and operations have confirmed that payment by direct debit is a requirement for all customers who wish to upgrade to efibre. I can understand the disappointment long standing eircom customers feel in hearing this however I'm sorry to confirm that there is nothing eircom can do in making exception to this condition.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭thret

You can ask your bank not to allow any direct debits from eircom at any point if they take too much money.
    Also, I would advise recording any calls you do to eircom, because next time you call they are going to tell you a different story.

Why so, dave ?
    Ok different strokes I suppose, you think its acceptable to be waiting a month for efibre to be installed only to be told sorry we actually made a mistake with our online orders so there is no order placed.After being told for the last few weeks that I would get a install date soon?
    I'm not saying anything is acceptable or unacceptable.

I'm just trying to understand your original point - "Don't go down the efibre route with eircom its a nightmare switch to a new provider" - as I expect to have eFibre broadband available to me in the next few months.

So ... was that eircom or the new provider ? Did you have efibre with eircom and then try to switch provider ? Or what ?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SamandFrank

Thanks Al. Quite Disappointed to hear that. It maybe time to jump ship.

• Advertisement

Thanks Al. Quite Disappointed to hear that. It maybe time to jump ship.
    I can understand the disappointment this creates SamandFrank

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Senomad

Im in the same boat. Im waiting a month now for a confirmed instillation date for efibre. My order was placed and confirmed at the start of September. Extremely disappointing to be told you shall receive a phone call with a confirmed instillation date asap and it never happening. Phoning up eircoms customer service is becoming a chore at this stage.  

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

Senomad wrote: »
    Im in the same boat. Im waiting a month now for a confirmed instillation date for efibre. My order was placed and confirmed at the start of September. Extremely disappointing to be told you shall receive a phone call with a confirmed instillation date asap and it never happening. Phoning up eircoms customer service is becoming a chore at this stage.  

I think patience was going to be the key here . It says efibre is available in my area ( Ashbourne , Co. Meath ) but thank god I did a bit of research , namely coming on here before jumping on it straight away . There's always issues with a roll out like this . I'll see how otheres get on with installations in my area before ordering . I think I can wait til after Xmas as I would lose it if I didn't have broadband over that period . I'm actually happy enough with NGB , it suits my needs . I'm not a gamer . It does the job for Netflix and the tv shows I get from the states . There will be no difference in the price when I switch over and it will give me speeds " up to 50mg " , that's what I'll find interesting . I went onto Sky and checked their broadband , currently they can provide 11.7mg on my line so no point switching to them . So I'm playing the waiting game , no way am I getting into a battle with eircom customer care about install times , low speeds , etc . Hopefully all the kinks will be ironed out over the next few months !

Senomad wrote: »
    Hi Senomad

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you are having with the appointment. Would you like to PM me your landline number? I'll look into this in detail and do my best to help you out here.

In the PM could you also inform me on how you placed the efibre order?

Thanks

Al

Why so, dave ?
    I'm not saying anything is acceptable or unacceptable.

I'm just trying to understand your original point - "Don't go down the efibre route with eircom its a nightmare switch to a new provider" - as I expect to have eFibre broadband available to me in the next few months.

So ... was that eircom or the new provider ? Did you have efibre with eircom and then try to switch provider ? Or what ?
    What I'm saying switch to some one else if you're with eircom and get fibre off them, for some reason everyone else seems to be installing no problem except eircom

Advertisement