Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time licence application handed in.

Options
  • 07-10-2013 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi all. I'm new to shooting and put a deposit on a Ruger 10/22 last week and handed in my licence application on Saturday. Hopefully it won't take too long to be processed. Really looking forward to getting to grips with the Ruger and adding a few bits and pieces to it :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭skinnylizzy

Hi all. I'm new to shooting and put a deposit on a Ruger 10/22 last week and handed in my licence application on Saturday. Hopefully it won't take too long to be processed. Really looking forward to getting to grips with the Ruger and adding a few bits and pieces to it :)

Best of luck dude.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Is it your first application/firearm?

Hope it all goes smoothly for you and throw up some pictures when you get her hom.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 38 richie_braz

Cass wrote: »
    Is it your first application/firearm?

Hope it all goes smoothly for you and throw up some pictures when you get her hom.

It's my first firearm. My local Supr is supposed to be reasonable enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

It's a Ruger 10/22. Very common. As long as you have no criminal record and can prove you have a genuine use for it, then there should be no problems.

I've spent more pimping up my 10/22 than the gun cost me new. Great little gun so they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Well done lD hope it works out for you. You will have endless fun with the 10/22.
    Great crack. Just take your time and think things through you will get to grips very quick with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

Im thinking of getting one of them after a shogun myself very customizable nice gun too goodluck with the application!

I recommend the archangel stock but id ask the fo ifs its okay many have a good reason for mounting lamps ,bipod and a scope!Probally wont like the look of it though for obvious reasons!

jfaq.th.jpg

I got my receipt letter and certificate grant notice letter in the post today. Not bad considering I only handed in the application on the 5th of this month, fair play New Ross Garda station :) . I found the whole process to be straight forward and hassle free. I paid the €80 in the post office today so hopefully I will be picking up the Ruger on Sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Padd2

just so u know u can pick it up with the grant letter and recipt of payment ;)

Padd2 wrote: »
    just so u know u can pick it up with the grant letter and recipt of payment ;)

Thanks, I didn't know that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Padd2

i was the same :) most dealers will be grand with it it :) one of the lads on here told me when i was waiting to get my 12g shotgun and tryed it and no hassel what so ever :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

congrats mate on getting the license for the ruger

I got my grand letter last week for my cz 455 bolt action rifle and I got the gun last night as at my local firearms dealer

Paid down for it in full and bought a few accessories including a new bipod. The legs go from 9" to 16" i think, he said it was the bipod to have if you want to be on the ground but lift your rifle up high above medium height grass.

I hope to post pictures here on boards someday if I get the chance. I have yet to fire a shot with it or do anything with it. Just had no time due to work and terrible weather this evening. Will be out tomorrow evening though. :)

Backfire wrote: »
    congrats mate on getting the license for the ruger

I got my grand letter last week for my cz 455 bolt action rifle and I got the gun last night as at my local firearms dealer

Paid down for it in full and bought a few accessories including a new bipod. The legs go from 9" to 16" i think, he said it was the bipod to have if you want to be on the ground but lift your rifle up high above medium height grass.

I hope to post pictures here on boards someday if I get the chance. I have yet to fire a shot with it or do anything with it. Just had no time due to work and terrible weather this evening. Will be out tomorrow evening though. :)

The CZ's are lovely guns. My Dad has a .22lr Mauser that was made in the 30's and the CZ's seem to be faithful copies of Mauser. I might pick up a bipod myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

I got my receipt letter and certificate grant notice letter in the post today. Not bad considering I only handed in the application on the 5th of this month, fair play New Ross Garda station :) . I found the whole process to be straight forward and hassle free. I paid the €80 in the post office today so hopefully I will be picking up the Ruger on Sat.

Well done lad.
    Stick up a few picks when you get her.

Ring your dealer tomorrow Nd see if he accepts receipt of payment. Some do and some don't.

Well done lad.
    Stick up a few picks when you get her.

Ring your dealer tomorrow Nd see if he accepts receipt of payment. Some do and some don't.

Will do.

Advertisement