Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

17 month old too young for the circus ?

Options
  • 07-10-2013 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭

So the circus is coming to town and we were thinking of bring LO . Ive never been so no real idea of what happens. Is 17 months too young.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RockPaperMario

We have a quite a good many relatives working in the Circus and funfair trade so I'm pretty sure we were all there from as young as possible. If you mean is it dangerous for a 17-month-old then I would have to say I don't know how it could be.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Way too young. No way would ours sit still for something like that at that age.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

No didn't think it was dangerous just more what happens and is it too long. Think lazygal answered it really. She probably wouldn't sit through it and could end up just having to leave early. Ah we'll probably leave it .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

My first thought was that it is too young but actually, I brought my daughter last Summer when she was 20 months old. She actually enjoyed it and was happy to sit and watch for the duration. We got the tickets for free through my employer at the time but I don't think I would be paying full price to bring a baby that young. It can be scary at times, dark, loud music etc so it really depends on what you think yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

My mum took my brother and I to the circus when we're small. I'm not sure what age but I can remember it so I'd say I was about 4 and my brother 2 and half. She said it was an absolute nightmare, we just wouldn't keep still and were crawling under the seats and things and making trouble - they were those kind of scaffolded seats. She said it was a nightmare! So I'd be a bit wary of taking very young children along to the circus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

I brought dd for the first time at 17 months & she loved it, still chatted about it months after. Now she was a bit upset when it got dark & it can be loud but I moved around with her a little. She loved seeing the other kids reactions. It'll come again soon if you think she's not ready. :)

Advertisement