Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy a ps3; should I wait until the PS4 is out or until christmas?

Options
  • 07-10-2013 6:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭

So ive never had the ps3, and missed out on lots of games that interest me such as Heavy Rain, Uncharted, GoW, last of us, beyond two souls and others.

Should I wait until the ps4 is out, as will there be a big price cut or is there any good deals on right now?

Or is christmas a better time to wait until?

Also, am I better off buying a 12gb slim and installing a custom HD or using a USB drive for installs? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Beer Assistant

If you choose to try get a ps4 for christmas there is a good chance you wont get one as demand is out weighing supply so act fast to pre-order one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Good deal, shame I already have gta for xbox.
    If you choose to try get a ps4 for christmas there is a good chance you wont get one as demand is out weighing supply so act fast to pre-order one.

Nah im not getting a ps4 on release, ill get that in a year or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

Tinie wrote: »
    Good deal, shame I already have gta for xbox.

Nah im not getting a ps4 on release, ill get that in a year or two.

Pick up a second hand one then so if your only going to have it a year or so will be cheaper than getting a new one plus buying a bigger hard drive

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 onemoredead

HI,
    GET BOTH XBOX 1 AND PS4 . AS BRING GAMES ON ONE AND NOT OTHER...SO, WILL NEED BOTH CONSOLES :).. GOOD EXCUSE AS ANY :):)

BOTH ON PRE ORDER FOR RELEASE DAY! :):)

HAVE PS3 320GB, AND 250 XBOX @ THE MOMENT AS LOVE RACING GAMES HAVE WRC PLAYSEAT WITH BUTT KICKER AND G27 WHEEL/PEDALS! GREAT FUN!!

BOTH ,WILL BE WORTH THE WAIT AS NEXT GEN, LOOKS GOOD...

"HOPE ALL WORKS OUT FOR YOU"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

So ive never had the ps3, and missed out on lots of games that interest me such as Heavy Rain, Uncharted, GoW, last of us, beyond two souls and others.

Should I wait until the ps4 is out, as will there be a big price cut or is there any good deals on right now?

Or is christmas a better time to wait until?

Also, am I better off buying a 12gb slim and installing a custom HD or using a USB drive for installs? thanks

Gears of War is an Xbox exclusive. Uncharted, Heavy Rain & The Last of Us are well worth a go. All of the Gears of War games are worth a play through if you get an Xbox too. You'd probably pick up both consoles for less than the price of one next gen console.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

v3ttel wrote: »
    Gears of War is an Xbox exclusive. Uncharted, Heavy Rain & The Last of Us are well worth a go. All of the Gears of War games are worth a play through if you get an Xbox too. You'd probably pick up both consoles for less than the price of one next gen console.

God of War?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,763 ✭✭✭lertsnim

God of War is an PS3 exclusive

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Yeah, I meant god of war. Its easy to get them confused though.

Im heading into gamestop tomorrow to see what deals they've got going on, as im itching to play uncharted and heavy rain primarily. Would jump all over that argos deal with GTA V and LoU, but have gta on xbox and have about €150 in gamestop credit saved up over the past year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Yeah, I meant god of war. Its easy to get them confused though.

Im heading into gamestop tomorrow to see what deals they've got going on, as im itching to play uncharted and heavy rain primarily. Would jump all over that argos deal with GTA V and LoU, but have gta on xbox and have about €150 in gamestop credit saved up over the past year or so.

Easily get 40 cash for gta v or trade in to GameStop and get 25% extra on a preorder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭kopite davo

go get a ps3 on adverts, some great deals to be had. sold mine on there. bought it second hand and checked it was working in their house.

Advertisement