Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting out a room in Meath

Options
  • 07-10-2013 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Would there be much interest?
    Double room in 4 bed detached house in lovely quiet estate. Young family and dog in house at moment. Would take in a student or a professional.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

bonbondar wrote: »
    Would there be much interest?
    Double room in 4 bed detached house in lovely quiet estate. Young family and dog in house at moment. Would take in a student or a professional.

Just a tip.... Meath is a big place... Certain places in meath are well connected to the city others not so well.... For example sometimes I stay in the girlfriends house in dunboyne easy enough to get to college from there a girl in my course lives in navan she has to get up like 2 hours before classes and the bus costs an arm and a leg

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭bonbondar

Yeah I go to college myself in Dublin and takes me 40 mins. Not sure of bus times as I drive. Think it may be an hour or so. Thanks for tips. Only an idea at the moment as we arent too sure on the whole renting a room idea so putting feelers out there to see what type of interest there is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Mooby

There always seems to be a demand where I am. Put an ad in a local mag and you should get a good reponse.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,840 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I could be wrong, but depending on where in Meath it is, you'd probably get an apartment for not much more or house share with people in similar circumstances (all students or all professionals etc)

I can't imagine living with a family being very appealing unless you're in an area with great transport links or close to somewhere that there's a lot of demand for.

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    I could be wrong, but depending on where in Meath it is, you'd probably get an apartment for not much more or house share with people in similar circumstances (all students or all professionals etc)

I can't imagine living with a family being very appealing unless you're in an area with great transport links or close to somewhere that there's a lot of demand for.

Thank you Kaiser. I appreciate the information. I would be a ten min walk form town and close to great transport links. Was just getting a feeler for if people would be interested so I appreciate your input regarding house shares etc. Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

Thank you Kaiser. I appreciate the information. I would be a ten min walk form town and close to great transport links. Was just getting a feeler for if people would be interested so I appreciate your input regarding house shares etc. Thank you.

Is it in a secret location that you don't want to share? :confused:
    Renting a room 10 minutes from Oldcastle is far different than 10 mins from Ashbourne

niallam wrote: »
    Is it in a secret location that you don't want to share? :confused:
    Renting a room 10 minutes from Oldcastle is far different than 10 mins from Ashbourne

Apologies didn't realise I didn't put in the area. Its Navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

Apologies didn't realise I didn't put in the area. Its Navan.

Should be a bit of demand for a room in Navan. It's the biggest town in Meath.
    You'd only really get a room rented to someone working in Navan though id say, if someone was working in Dublin they'd be cheaper renting a single room in Dublin and not having the cost of and the 2+ hour commute every day.

Advertisement