Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleeping dogs sequel confirmed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

That is a nice surprise. I didn't think the original sold amazingly well, certainly less that it should. I thought it was a very good game with a very strong main character.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

I personally loved the original. I think the storyline itself was strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Good news. Enjoyed the first one when I got it on playstation plus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭ConFurioso

Nice! Solid game, enjoyed it a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Deserves a sequel. Might not have sold too well but was a fun game that held my interest to the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I loved it. Cutscenes are story were great and extremely gritty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Any game that has you
    putting the end boss through a ****ing wood chipper
    deserves a sequel:D Delighted with this news.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah brilliant news! Looks like they might be going the multiplayer route, hope they don't focus too much on it though. Will be very interesting to see what plans they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

Awesome! One of the games in recent times I actually played the story mode the whole way through and didn't get bored with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Great stuff, really enjoyed Sleeping Dogs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Sleephead

They should have let it lie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Yeah brilliant news! Looks like they might be going the multiplayer route, hope they don't focus too much on it though. Will be very interesting to see what plans they have.

That's my fear - "in the universe of" and a name like Triad Wars doesn't fill me with confidence. The first one had a great storyline, solid mechanics and was plenty of fun. Not sure a multiplayer focus would suit it...

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

My suprise game of the generation. Loved it from start to finish.

I know thread is nearly a year old but new details on the sequel. Called Triad Wars, open world sandbox strategy game. Make a guy and run the streets building a triad empire kinda like the godfather 2 with illegal businesses.

Bad news (for me) it's exclusive to pc master race. FECK SAKE!!

There is a vid on youtube, too angry to link it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

323090.png

It's ok sheehy, some day you'll see the error of your console ways :p Here's the trailer.

So this looks like an alternative to GTA Online. I think it's got scope to be something quite interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Disappointed it's not a sequel as the ending of the original game seemed like a sequel was on the cards. No pork bun for me :(

I assume that it will eventually hit consoles but I have to say that it's nice to see a game such as this developed for PC and not just poorly ported over from consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Nobody asked for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

So it isn't a sequel to Sleeping Dogs then, disappointing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mehhh I'll pass on it I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭truedoom

excellent news! original was a great game, easy to get immersed into it.

loved a lot of the mechanics. defo gave the gta games a run for their money :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Anyone involved in the beta?

Signup

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

It looks decent but the engine and game look identical to SD which isn't exactly a good thing. The driving needed a lot of work as did the shooting. The combat was great but doesn't mean they couldn't polish it up.

Defending your business from other real players sounds stressful but I that's the point - as long as it's fun too then we're in for a good time. This is definitely on my radar. Is it going to be a full price game that's just online like guild wars, or perhaps free to play or subscription?

Surprised it's not getting a console release. Map editing end empire management is always a bit balls with a gamepad but not a reason to leave out PS4/XBO. Maybe it'll get a port if there's enough demand?

Devs hinted at console port in the future

"We've spent a lot of time upgrading the engine and making tech improvements to ensure we are able to get it running on any platform," hinted Bullard. "So while it's PC for now... stay tuned."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

PC exclusive means that's me out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

just had a quick play of the new special edition on XBO. visually, it's a touch disappointing, but the mechanics etc are all as was, with the full dlc all included. probably worth a purchase for anyone who didn't get it last gen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

What a good way to kill a promising franchise.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Its a bit strange to go PC exclusive given the current trend but I think it makes perfect sense from a development point of view.

The PC has always been the place for developing new concepts, many of the most popular game genres started on PC and got adapted for consoles. When it's done the other way around you end up with poor PC games but when it goes PC to consoles you can end up with games that work well across all platforms.

I think the PC makes a better melting pot, especially for multiplayer. Companies can now release a game that's not quite finished and polish it up while people are playing it getting feedback and ideas in the shape of mods that maybe the developers wouldn't have thought of.

The consoles need more of a complete package because of the way people buy console games and poorly finished games create a lot of bad blood in the market. For a game format with uncertainty like this the PC would be the place to flesh it out so that consoles get a much more polished and better thought out product.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭iHateManCity

Any idea of the trade in value of sleeping dogs on the Ps4?
    thanks

• Advertisement

DarkJager wrote: »
    What a good way to kill a promising franchise.

You called it! Well, they might still end up making SD2 as the problem seemed to be with feedback from people wishing it was actually SD2 they were playing but I'd say a LOT of money and time was pumped into and now it's bye bye.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-01-05-sleeping-dogs-developer-puts-down-triad-wars

Advertisement