Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop wont recognise SD cards

Options
  • 07-10-2013 8:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭

Hi folks. I have a Toshiba Satellite A300(?) Laptop, with Windows 7. It used to have Vista, but I upgraded last year. Ever since, it wont recognise any SD card I insert into it. Windows Media Player used to automatically open and import all your photos and stuff, but now its not even recognising that there's an SD card there. Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Check the device manager.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Driver i'd imagine,whats the make and model?

Edit:Nevermind here are your drivers

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭youllneverknow

The checking device manager post is very helpfull.
    Check in device manager for missing drivers. In my experience when i upgraded an OS it didn't have all the drivers required so i had to download them from the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

if the drivers don,t work You can buy a usb sdcard reader in Dealz shop
    ,2 euro.
    theres one in henry st ,o,connell st end.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

It's just missing the drivers, generally Windows Update doesn't install these ones usually. Usually Ricoh I think but could be a number of manufacturers. You'll need to install them via device manager usually. Extract the driver zip, go into device manager, right click the unknown device(s) update>driver>browser for driver, choose the extracted folder and away you go :)

Nick

• Advertisement
Advertisement