Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caterpillars and my cabbage plants

• 07-10-2013 9:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭

These guys are ravaging through my (container grown) cabbage plants. Any ideas on what to do? Any caterpillar insecticides I could use at this stage and will plants come back?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭zombiepaw

Super Nemos bio insecticide works great with caterpillars as well as many other pests. It is organic and according to the box is completely harmless to wildlife, earthworms,bees, bumblebees, pets and children.

Remove any leaves badly damaged by caterpillars as you go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭amandstu

Is it not too late for nematodes.? read they need 12 degrees and even then how long would they take to build up their strength after you apply them?

I think we are into Autumn/Winter now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Get a frog pond in your garden - they are the guardians of my vegetable patch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭amandstu

Do they climb on the plants and remove the caterpillars for you?
    Have they got shiny doorman's outfits?
    Do they smoke panatelas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

amandstu wrote: »
    Do they climb on the plants and remove the caterpillars for you?
    Have they got shiny doorman's outfits?
    Do they smoke panatelas?

Yes. They also take slugs out with extreme prejudice

No. They are outfitted in the style of the vatican Swiss guard

No. That would be detrimental to their fitness and therefore impair their defensive capabilites

• Advertisement
Advertisement