Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frankfurt marathon

Options
  • 07-10-2013 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

Anybody heading over to this? Decided on it as an alternative to Dublin this year. Last long run done this evening in the driving rain. Roll on the 27th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Annadale0

Yes there are three of us from Newcastle Ac in the North heading over.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭plumber77

Annadale0 wrote: »
    Yes there are three of us from Newcastle Ac in the North heading over.

Good stuff. Myself and the girlfriend are heading too. Have any of ye done this marathon before. Can't wait for it now

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭tenreds

I want to do this marathon next year as I used to live in Frankfurt for 5 years,just need to get Dublin out of the way first in two weeks time,don't forget to let us know how you got on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Annadale0

No never ran Frankfurt before but heard good reports. Did Amsterdam last year and enjoyed the European experience!

Annadale0 wrote: »
    No never ran Frankfurt before but heard good reports. Did Amsterdam last year and enjoyed the European experience!

Same as that. Have done barca and Rotterdam. I find the miles tick by faster when you don't know where you're going. Was getting too familiar with all the humps and hollows in Dublin. Yeah I'll let you know how it goes, the better the time the longer the report!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Ran it last year,very flat and a nice finish into the festehalle. Very well organised and expo next to the start line in case you forget anything on the morning.more sub 3 finishers there than Berlin and about a third the size of the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 aineekennedy

Goodluck brother & anna ria #speedies :D

Just recovering from the days events. Pb's for myself and the Ms. Obviously the marathon review will be tainted by this, but I'll do my best when I get back to the aul sod. Best of luck to all in Dublin tomorrow. Still the best crowds anywhere..

Advertisement