Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assuming no undo on quickpay AIB internet banking..

Options
  • 07-10-2013 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Suspect i'm boned - half asleep, used quickpay to pay off credit card, but instead had selected an old ESB account which is no longer active. So transfer made before I realize what I had done.

AFAICT there's no hold on these transactions, so its effectively executed, and (assuming ive called correct numbers for AIB) wont get through to someone till tomorrow.

Anyone had a similar situation before and managed to get it resolved? I'll attempt to contact ESB directly and see if that helps.

Anyways, quick pay option now swiftly removed. Basically dont internet and bank whilst tired. :rolleyes:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

lpw wrote: »
    Suspect i'm boned - half asleep, used quickpay to pay off credit card, but instead had selected an old ESB account which is no longer active. So transfer made before I realize what I had done.

AFAICT there's no hold on these transactions, so its effectively executed, and (assuming ive called correct numbers for AIB) wont get through to someone till tomorrow.

Anyone had a similar situation before and managed to get it resolved? I'll attempt to contact ESB directly and see if that helps.

Anyways, quick pay option now swiftly removed. Basically dont internet and bank whilst tired. :rolleyes:

They have 24hrs phone service. Call them NOW. I think bills can be stopped . I did it once. Did you call 0818 724724 or +353 1 771 2424.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Can't be stopped. ESB will have no problem refunding it though, I'd reckon!

Can't be stopped. ESB will have no problem refunding it though, I'd reckon!

Will take weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Transactions done online before 5pm go through that night, but after 5pm, dont normally go through till the NEXT night.

I paid the wrong credit card but when I rang them within minutes, they cancelled the payment there and then. See if yours is in the queue. They may stop it.

OP,

Any update, did you call them and were they able to cance?

• Advertisement
Advertisement