Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NDLS - National Driver Licence Service centres (Qs, waiting times, etc)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Alternatively, park in the multistorey and enter that way, go up the escalator and it's across the void from you, just down from Menarys.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭DubVelo

Are you allowed drive while you're waiting for your renewal to come out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

DubVelo wrote: »
    Are you allowed drive while you're waiting for your renewal to come out?

The lady in the center told my wife to bring the letter she got from the center with her to show whe is waiting on her new license, That was 3 weeks ago and still nothing in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Anyone know the actual wait time to receive your license right now?

I'm waiting just over 3 weeks now. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Paulw wrote: »
    Anyone know the actual wait time to receive your license right now?

I'm waiting just over 3 weeks now. :(

i applied for mine on august 13 and had it less than a week later.

Beano wrote: »
    i applied for mine on august 13 and had it less than a week later.

I was in on the 20th and still nothing has arrived yet.

I was in on the 20th and still nothing has arrived yet.

i applied in Clarehall in case thats makes any difference

i applied in Clarehall in case thats makes any difference

I did it in Omni, Santry.

Just fed up waiting and not knowing. Their email response is always a few days too, so I have no idea what is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭theintern

Just in case anyone was wondering how things are with the Galway centre, here's an update. Ordered mine Saturday 23rd of August, arrived with no appointment at 8.40 and was out of there by about 9.20. It was a free name change licence.

Was told 5-8 business days, it arrived yesterday, Thursday 11th September, so 14 business days later. A fair bit longer than they said.

• Advertisement

Turns out that my permit must have been "lost in the post", so they required me to fill out the form again, have it signed and stamped by the Gardai to say it was lost, and then I had to go back in to the NDLS centre to go through the process again ... so another 10 day wait.

I argued with them that since I never received the permit, that I hadn't lost it. How can I declare that I lost something that I never had? The Garda took that view too and refused to sign the form, until I explained it a few times, she then reluctantly signed it.

Anyway, I will now await it .... again ... and hope it doesn't get lost this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Eric159

Mine took 10 working days to come in the post. Not sure about other counties but the NDLS centre in Waterford is poor. Only two booths there in a box room. Went in and there was 20 people in queue.. came back another day.

Eric159 wrote: »
    Mine took 10 working days to come in the post. Not sure about other counties but the NDLS centre in Waterford is poor. Only two booths there in a box room. Went in and there was 20 people in queue.. came back another day.

why not make an appointment instead of turning up on spec?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Last month it took me 2 weeks to get an appointment for Leopardstown.

Took 12 working days to get it in the post

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I booked an appointment at the office in Galway, the place was totally booked out for about 3 weeks. When the day came around I couldn't make it to my appointment in the evening so I went in the morning instead when it was apparently booked out. The place was completely empty, I walked straight up to the counter and was done in 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Eric159

why not make an appointment instead of turning up on spec?

Didn't check the website for appointments first time :rolleyes: Still doesn't make up for the poor set-up, being the only NDLS centre in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭spillit67

From googling with me being mildly concerned I just saw this now. I've been waiting 8 working days now on a new licence as my old one was stolen. I'm sitting my test on Thursday (which I've taken the day off for) meaning if this hasn't arrived by then I can't sit it. I was never told about a backlog when I was at the centre (which I took the morning off to go to) and was informed 5-10 days by the person at the centre. Needless to say if this hasn't arrived by then then I am going to be livid, I would have cancelled if I knew.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

spillit67 wrote: »
    Needless to say if this hasn't arrived by then then I am going to be livid, I would have cancelled if I knew.

So call and reschedule the test before you lose €85!

Needless to say if this hasn't arrived by then then I am going to be livid, I would have cancelled if I knew.

So call and reschedule the test before you lose €85!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭CYHSN

Is it possible to book an appointment in a center if your applying for your first provisional license? I have never held one before. It asks online for a driver number which I haven't got and won't let me proceed without it.

CYHSN wrote: »
    Is it possible to book an appointment in a center if your applying for your first provisional license? I have never held one before. It asks online for a driver number which I haven't got and won't let me proceed without it.

you can login using your PPSN if you dont have a driver number.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Turns out that my permit must have been "lost in the post", so they required me to fill out the form again, have it signed and stamped by the Gardai to say it was lost, and then I had to go back in to the NDLS centre to go through the process again ... so another 10 day wait.

I argued with them that since I never received the permit, that I hadn't lost it. How can I declare that I lost something that I never had? The Garda took that view too and refused to sign the form, until I explained it a few times, she then reluctantly signed it.

Anyway, I will now await it .... again ... and hope it doesn't get lost this time.

Did they ask you to pay again? real joke that, I guess a lot of permits will get lost in the post instead of them admitting negligence on their part, my wife has waited over a month so far with no answer fro their email service for over 5 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

You can book with just a Ppsn number too. There are two booking options on the website
    CYHSN wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭spillit67

Yep 10 days notice required. Still waiting. 2 more mornings for it to turn up.

I'm glad I have the privilege of paying for such an efficient service.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭DubVelo

Yep 10 days notice required. Still waiting. 2 more mornings for it to turn up.

I'm glad I have the privilege of paying for such an efficient service.

It's always worth a try though, especially in your circumstance. Give 'em a call and plead your case, blame NDLS, offer proof that you applied for the permit in good time etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Biddle-dip Biddle-dip Biddle-dip. Newsflash. I have an appointment for Tuesday to renew my license, and don't have anything much to hand that shows my PPSN number except payslips, which we get in electronic form as PDF documents. I gave the NDLS a tinkle to find out if a full-colour print of one of these would suffice, and in the course of this conversation it emerged that they only accept payslips of Government origin, i.e. the Civil Service and so forth. This is not mentioned on their website, it just lists "Payslip or P60/P45" under acceptable documents for the PPSN. However, your most recent P60 is fine, being of Government origin.

do you not have a P60?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

do you not have a P60?

Um, yes, of course. That's not really the point.

• Advertisement

jimgoose wrote: »
    Biddle-dip Biddle-dip Biddle-dip. Newsflash. I have an appointment for Tuesday to renew my license, and don't have anything much to hand that shows my PPSN number except payslips, which we get in electronic form as PDF documents. I gave the NDLS a tinkle to find out if a full-colour print of one of these would suffice, and in the course of this conversation it emerged that they only accept payslips of Government origin, i.e. the Civil Service and so forth. This is not mentioned on their website, it just lists "Payslip or P60/P45" under acceptable documents for the PPSN. However, your most recent P60 is fine, being of Government origin.

Stupid outsourced call centre. Your payslip is fine, your ppsn has been verified with Revenue through your employer, so whoever you spoke to was talking throught their proverbial! Print out the payslip and bring it with you, it's on the list of acceptable documents.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement