Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NDLS - National Driver Licence Service centres (Qs, waiting times, etc)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭alentejo

Finally received my renewal licence in the post. 3 weeks, 6 day wait. Went up to check in Saggart, and again new queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

been waiting a month now, need it for the weekend as i.d hope its here by friday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

DaNiEl1994 wrote: »
    been waiting a month now, need it for the weekend as i.d hope its here by friday

I got mine today and its a month tomorrow, eight days me arse...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

It's a fkcuin joke of a system. Where have all these new applications come from?.
    Did we suddenly import thousands of new drivers. Surely it can't be that hard to print a driving licence.:eek:
    My daughter had to get a new student card today. It is the key card to her on campus accommodation,also opens various secure doors in college etc.it I has her photo,bar codes and various security crop lazered into it(don't know what they are caled)
    It was printed in about 10 mins. The only extras on a d/l is your address and licence catagorories and I think pps. These should all be on file in the NDLS offices so SHOULD be easy to print.
    I believe that someone is going to be found out for awarding the licence to distribute driving licences in Ireland. AKA Brown envelope.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

It's a fkcuin joke of a system. Where have all these new applications come from?.
    Did we suddenly import thousands of new drivers. Surely it can't be that hard to print a driving licence.:eek:
    My daughter had to get a new student card today. It is the key card to her on campus accommodation,also opens various secure doors in college etc.it I has her photo,bar codes and various security crop lazered into it(don't know what they are caled)
    It was printed in about 10 mins. The only extras on a d/l is your address and licence catagorories and I think pps. These should all be on file in the NDLS offices so SHOULD be easy to print.
    I believe that someone is going to be found out for awarding the licence to distribute driving licences in Ireland. AKA Brown envelope.;)

As far as I know some Swiss company is responsible for the system and printing :eek:

• Advertisement

As far as I know some Swiss company is responsible for the system and printing :eek:

That's hard to believe....they are VERY proficient at making watches.
    And chocolate :P

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭el pasco

kerryscoob wrote: »
    My daughter went to the NDLS on the 30th of Oct, still waiting for license, insurance company now cancelled insurance.
    She had to go back into the NDLS after 2 weeks, as they said they had no record of PPS no which was scanned in on 1st visit.
    Scanned it again, she rang them again a week later, again no record of PPS she told them to check the mail room as it was posted, waited on phone for NDLS to come back confirming receipt.
    On the final days of college exams, registered letter from insurance company cancelling insurance. Tears and more tears, calls and more calls to insurance and NDLS.
    A disgrace of a system, getting no where, cant track application.No one seems to have a clue in the Cork office.
    Fear is now they will close for Christmas, she'll have no license, and it will be 2014.
    Helpline is an absolute joke, she applied 2 days into the new system so you would imagine if there was delays she would have been at the front of the queue.
    RSA no help either, John Caulfield should be reacting better to this debacle.

Why was the insurance cancelled?

Truckermal wrote: »
    You would want to be a right bad cop to prosecute someone for that...

Oh wait..:D

With the vast majority of Gardai you can say that your licence is with the NDLS and you can say you have a licence and they can check it on the system
    The NDLS give you a bit of paper which means nothing but they say it means the licence is with them

In fairness the old councils did it much quicker than this
    I think they just seriously reduced the number of staff doing the processing the licencing than before and thought they could get away with it

The staff at NDLS don't know very much IMHO and you wait for ever on the phone waiting 5 weeks for a licence :-(

el pasco wrote: »
    Why was the insurance cancelled?

Am very curious myself.

• Advertisement

Am very curious myself.

On 99% she did not send copy of her licence.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

On 99% she did not send copy of her licence.;)

Yup. No proof of licence, the insurance can be cancelled. Nearly happened to me when my husband renewed his licence beginning of this year. As the insurance is in my name, I had to kick up an almighty stink before the insurance would issue the disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭kerryscoob

Insurance want a copy of the exact license.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭s14barnes

Ive been waiting for my license since the 29th of October ! What a joke of a service!

Insurance want a copy of the exact license.

Why would they need or want an exact copy as surely the driver number would do as they could just type it into to the system and they know what type of licence it is and if its valid etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I don't think all insurance companies have access to the driver license data.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,580 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Mine arrived today, over 6 weeks waiting. Email also arrived after a week waiting saying it will be here eventually.

They don't know wtf they are doing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

Only Aviva does.

AXA only look for licences for foreign drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 katlady82

The problem with NDLS is that they are operating on a shoestring. My local office is crazy busy but there's only one staff member on at a time..I had to go back a second time one day and the same woman was still there, hours later, on her own. She was very nice and helpful but there's only so much one person can do. Also all the forms are sent to Cork where one office deals with the entire country....maybe if they'd take on more staff, the system would work better...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Old diesel

System is strange - the Tralee office - you actually have to walk through a restaurant to get to it - madness.

Not well thought out at all imo

Old diesel wrote: »
    System is strange - the Tralee office - you actually have to walk through a restaurant to get to it - madness.

Not well thought out at all imo

Well its not bad :D You can have few pints while waiting in q :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Well its not bad :D You can have few pints while waiting in q :D

Lol - this is one of these generic type resturants like youd find in Dunnes Stored - although this isn't Dunnes stores.

No pints sadly.

I suppose the big issue is that - theres no sign posts leading you into it.

I only found it where it was by ringing the customer service desk of the shopping centre its in - before getting there.

Trust me - youd never think they put it where it was - you walk into the restaurant - and you think the whole space was the restaurant - youd never think that there was something else at the other end.

Never mind the NDLS centre.

Its no big deal - but to my mind is reflective of this whole thing been very rushed with insufficient thought put into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Consy90

After 12 weeks finally got my licenses..only thing is I'm stuck with a photo of me doing movember for 10 years on one of them :€

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 76 ✭✭jd6920s

Waiting since 7th of November, absolute disaster of a system

jd6920s wrote: »
    Waiting since 7th of November, absolute disaster of a system

Im waiting since 25th Nov and each time I call same answer:
    ''final stage of processing'' :D

Buahahah;)

New pilot booking service if u r from Dublin :
    http://www.ndls.ie/en/Online-Services/ndls-booking-service.html

Note with backlog disappear :D but I still have not got my licence...

• Registered Users Posts: 37 rivaldo2000

useless useless useless. System used to take 10 minutes now takes 10 weeks

My daughter went to the NDLS on the 30th of Oct, still waiting for license, insurance company now cancelled insurance.
    She had to go back into the NDLS after 2 weeks, as they said they had no record of PPS no which was scanned in on 1st visit.
    Scanned it again, she rang them again a week later, again no record of PPS she told them to check the mail room as it was posted, waited on phone for NDLS to come back confirming receipt.
    On the final days of college exams, registered letter from insurance company cancelling insurance. Tears and more tears, calls and more calls to insurance and NDLS.
    A disgrace of a system, getting no where, cant track application.No one seems to have a clue in the Cork office.
    Fear is now they will close for Christmas, she'll have no license, and it will be 2014.
    Helpline is an absolute joke, she applied 2 days into the new system so you would imagine if there was delays she would have been at the front of the queue.
    RSA no help either, John Caulfield should be reacting better to this debacle.

Still waiting over 2 months for my licence!!
    And they still never gave me a proper accreditation saying I have a licence as the paper they gave me just says driver no:000000000 and so is worthless
    So if I don't get my letter if accreditation then I can be up in court as I need it as a Garda stopped me and need produce a licence within 10 days but still they haven't got back to me so I could end up in court because if there incompetent!!

How come they can't just make the drivers licence there and then?? Like they have all the info and photographs and it can be printed off in a few minutes simple! Therefore no waiting times
    God they had brains they'd be dangerous! :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

NDLS are only part of the problem - the major reason there are delays is all the twats who "Lost" their paper licence so they could get a credit card one to go with their german style plates. The volume of applications is way beyond what it should be.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement