Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long termers TTC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭emzibob

Thank you all for your kind words i've had so many don't wait/ do wait conversations in my head I've confused myself at this point. I think once the minimum weeks are up we won't specifically try but we won't prevent and hope for the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Guys I have loads of Pregnacare Pre-conception left over, if anyone would like them just PM me your address and I will get them sent out to you. Dont want them going to waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭babydream

Hi all Ive decided to move over to this thread. We have been TTC for the past year with no success 😠my cycles range from 27-33 days. There not particularly heavy but not light either. There excruciatingly painful though to the extent I pass out with the pain.

I went to my gp and he sent me for ultrasound with a queried cyst but that came back clear. All my bloods came back perfect for my age.

Now he has referred me to a gynacologist for a lap and dye. He suspects i may have endometriosis. So I'm going private with hugh o connor in the coombe and have been told I won't get to see him until November 😲 if i was public it's three years of waiting list 😲😲😲 my gp also wants to send my husband for S.A. have no idea how long that will take for an appointment??

I'm wondering if anyone here has ever concieved naturally with endometriosis?? I know I haven't been diagnosed but I like to be prepared for worse case scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭fits

You could go straight to a fertility clinic and get checked out or scanned much sooner. I'm sure there are other gynaecologist who would see you sooner too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭bilbot79

fits wrote: »
    You could go straight to a fertility clinic and get checked out or scanned much sooner. I'm sure there are other gynaecologist who would see you sooner too.

I would recommend this, you'd be surprised how the months roll on. Even in the private clinic you think it's service on tap but it isn't, this process eats at your time

• Advertisement

So we have said we would stay waiting on the appointment in the Coombe and have managed to get myself on the Cancellation list. So hopefully might be sooner.

In the meantime we have an appointment in August with Napro, my husband can have his SA tests done here. And they said they will redo my bloods also.

Im feeling a lot more optimistic this week and im on my TWW. We tried preseed this month, talk about a romance killer :);):D

My DH is on Effexor also so we have just been told that might be affecting his swimmers, but they want to see the results of his SA before they decide what to do. Its a tough one because I don't want his health to suffer if he has to come off his medication. Fingers crossed it doesn't affect him!!!

My mum says she has the candles lighting and saying novenas. Ill try anything if it works :D

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

babydream wrote: »
    So we have said we would stay waiting on the appointment in the Coombe and have managed to get myself on the Cancellation list. So hopefully might be sooner.

In the meantime we have an appointment in August with Napro, my husband can have his SA tests done here. And they said they will redo my bloods also.

Im feeling a lot more optimistic this week and im on my TWW. We tried preseed this month, talk about a romance killer :);):D

My DH is on Effexor also so we have just been told that might be affecting his swimmers, but they want to see the results of his SA before they decide what to do. Its a tough one because I don't want his health to suffer if he has to come off his medication. Fingers crossed it doesn't affect him!!!

My mum says she has the candles lighting and saying novenas. Ill try anything if it works :D

If you think the preseed is a romance killer, it is nothing compared to novenas being said about your sex life :D:D

I've been there too, and you are right we try anything if it works! Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

My grandmother prayed for my aunt and uncle when they wer having trouble getting pregnant the first time. They ended up with 8 kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Yep, don't knock it! My parents were TTC for 8 years without success. They moved across the city to St. Gerard's parish. The priest came to visit them and told them that St Gerard is the patron saint of infertility and expectant mothers. A couple of months later and they were pregnant with me!

Yep, don't knock it! My parents were TTC for 8 years without success. They moved across the city to St. Gerard's parish. The priest came to visit them and told them that St Gerard is the patron saint of infertility and expectant mothers. A couple of months later and they were pregnant with me!

I didn't mean to knock it!

I have a St Gerard medal in my purse that has been there since we started TTC. I can't bring myself to take it out, even now.

• Advertisement

Quite emotional tonight. My babas turned 1 today. It has just been a pure and utter miracle to have them in our lives for the last year.

It was 2 years ago on last Saturday since we lost our baby so I was out in Kilcully on Saturday morning to visit the Angel plot there before starting to organise the baba's birthday party.

Through it all, this forum has been there for me so I wanted to say thanks to all here for listening and talking. For being there when I cried and making me laugh when I really needed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

brokensoul wrote:
    It was 2 years ago on last Saturday since we lost our baby so I was out in Kilcully on Saturday morning to visit the Angel plot there before starting to organise the baba's birthday party.

XxX

• Registered Users Posts: 49 joefromireland

babydream wrote: »
    Hi all Ive decided to move over to this thread. We have been TTC for the past year with no success 😠my cycles range from 27-33 days. There not particularly heavy but not light either. There excruciatingly painful though to the extent I pass out with the pain.

I went to my gp and he sent me for ultrasound with a queried cyst but that came back clear. All my bloods came back perfect for my age.

Now he has referred me to a gynacologist for a lap and dye. He suspects i may have endometriosis. So I'm going private with hugh o connor in the coombe and have been told I won't get to see him until November �� if i was public it's three years of waiting list ������ my gp also wants to send my husband for S.A. have no idea how long that will take for an appointment??

I'm wondering if anyone here has ever concieved naturally with endometriosis?? I know I haven't been diagnosed but I like to be prepared for worse case scenario.

Here is some links that say your diet may affect endometriosis
    https://www.drmcdougall.com/health/education/health-science/stars/stars-written/paula/

About 4 minutes of this video may be relevant to endometriosis 16 to 20 minutes time frame

Hope this might help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fingersandtoes

I haven't posted here in a while but I've been keeping an eye on the thread. I hope all of you are doing well. I'm just starting another cycle today which hopefully will get as far as egg collection. I've got a natural period after a four month wait!! This resulted in my lowest ever FSH of 3 but I'd a cyst. I got that drained yesterday and my ostregen came down so starting tonight on injections. I'm delighted we got the chance again. I honestly didn't think we would.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Meathcat7

I finally heard back from my consultant about the results from my D&C. Due in with her on 31st July to see what she has to say.

I had a D&C on 21st April following a silent miscarriage. My second mc in 9 months. It could just be my age (I'm 45 now) or it could be genetic or my PCOS causing the problems.

All over. Light spotting today and a four hour wait in the rotunda. Stopped growing at 7 weeks, should be week 10 now.

It was nice believing for a while. Crashing now.

:(

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Ah billbot, I'm so so sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Meathcat7

bilbot79 wrote: »
    All over. Light spotting today and a four hour wait in the rotunda. Stopped growing at 7 weeks, should be week 10 now.

So sorry to hear that x

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fingersandtoes

Bilbot, I'm so sorry. Thinking of you both xx

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Aw bilbot Im so sorry. I was hoping it would work out for you guys.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

Bilbot, very sorry to hear that.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

So sorry for your loss...

Billbot so sorry to hear your sad news. Look after yourselves xxxx

Well AF is due in two days and been feeling the worst PMS symptoms today. Woke this morning with really bad cramps and My hubby text to cancel lunch cos he has a meeting, and I burst out crying and accused him of not wanting to see me!! Thank god he knows what im like at this time of the month!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Jesus Bilbot I'm so sorry :(

Bad luck got us. The doc said today that from where we were at 7 weeks there was only a 3% chance of something going wrong. Now we have nothing again.

Positives are we know we can get pregnant and have one more shot left in the freezer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭fits

So sorry bilbot. It's stinking luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

bilbot79 wrote:
    Positives are we know we can get pregnant and have one more shot left in the freezer.

Great that you are focusing on this. Hard to see the positives during such a difficult time but don't lose hope.

I'm so so sorry. XxX

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 GryffLion

Sorry to hear it Bilbot!

bilbot79 wrote: »

I am so so sorry to hear this bilbot.

It might not help to hear this today, but we have been where you are now, 2 years ago we had missed miscarriage. Hardest thing I have ever gone through. Like ye we had frozen embryos. We now have 12 month old twins.

Huge hugs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Most cruel thing I've heard in a long time Bilbot. Havent commented before but have followed your unfortunately short journey for a while now. Take care of each other xxx

Advertisement