Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long termers TTC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Mrs bilbot due period in next day or two. First full on AF since mc 2 months ago.

She's reporting the hungry/sick feeling eerily similar to when she was pregnant before. However she also recorded a drop in temperature so we're not thinking pregnancy here.

Weird though. She taking naps n stuff like before too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Best of luck with the next round Bilbot!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭kastasia

Hey, I haven't posted here before, I was tempted a good few times and then kept thinking I'd jinx myself. Anyway, I did like reading the success stories, so hope it's not too early for mine.
    After a few years of nothing happening we decided to go forward with icsi last spring. So as I started on the injections it turned out I wasn't responding as well as they'd assumed and in the end the cycle was cancelled, which was, yeah, kind of upsetting.
    So a few months later, start again, more than double my dose. Didn't really have time to think about that too much though, as my husband was ill so in a way, looking after him took my mind off the treatment.
    The response was better than the first time, though was still told it was lower than they would have expected. But in the end there were three viable blastocysts, so two in storage and now I'm nearly 15 weeks on number 1. Fingers crossed the rest will go smoothly and best of luck to everybody who is trying!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 CCCHIA

Congratulations kastasia - It's great to hear about success stories - it gives us hope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭babydream

Congrats :)

So I had my appointment with the gynaecologist this week, went ok he is sending hubby for SA and me for repeat bloods. He suspects I have endometriosis so booked in for a laparoscopy, HSG and hysteroscopy in January.

Hoping things work out for us next year and this time next year we will be pregnant :eek::eek: Trying to remain optimistic but it is hard as all this does get to you.

Going to try put it all out of my head until January and just concentrate on the two of us. Booked the Christmas markets in Berlin last night so a bit of us time will do us the world of good :):)

Hope everyone else is doing well

• Advertisement

3rd and final bubs transferred. Grade BB. Mrs bilbot was worried as she didn't get the same symptoms as with attempt no 2

However there's a very faint BFP this morning.

Think the 1st miscarriage has sobered us, I'm not elated yet, just taking it one day at a time.

She is a bit worried as she saw a small amount of blood but thinks it might just be the crinone causing irritation... hopefully just that.

No bad news is good news, for now

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭babydream

bilbot79 wrote: »
    3rd and final bubs transferred. Grade BB. Mrs bilbot was worried as she didn't get the same symptoms as with attempt no 2

Think the 1st miscarriage has sobered us, I'm not elated yet, just taking it one day at a time.

She is a bit worried as she saw a small amount of blood but thinks it might just be the crinone causing irritation... hopefully just that.

That's great news massive congrats:):) Wishing Mrs bilbot and you the very best of luck ye deserve it after all ye have been through :):)

I have my fingers and toes crossed for ye :)

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Fingers and toes crossed for ye.

I had a transfer after a MMC and it resulted in two bouncing babas so it can happen!

I understand the fear and trepidation though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

After 3 failed FET I am right now nursing Lucy. Born on the 15th. Attempt number 4 of FET worked.

I know how incredibly lucky & blessed we are. I also know IVF is not a fairytale & not everyone on the IVF journey will be as lucky as us. "Just relaxing" doesn't work & people say the most insensitive things.

Unfortunately is no magic tip that I can share as to why it finally worked for us. I've met plenty of couples who tried longer than us. I also can't say "never gave up" because after attempt 3 I was done & couldn't face it again. Only for Mrs LCD did we try with our last 2 remaing frozen eggs.

Seen her now is a bit surreal. I just never thought I'd be here (here being 5:30am pacing the halls of the Rotunda with a baby that hasn't slept in 13hrs). However with a bit of luck we are.

All I can say is just keep hoping & do what's best for your marriage & well being

• Advertisement

LCD wrote: »
    After 3 failed FET I am right now nursing Lucy. Born on the 15th. Attempt number 4 of FET worked.

I know how incredibly lucky & blessed we are. I also know IVF is not a fairytale & not everyone on the IVF journey will be as lucky as us. "Just relaxing" doesn't work & people say the most insensitive things.

Unfortunately is no magic tip that I can share as to why it finally worked for us. I've met plenty of couples who tried longer than us. I also can't say "never gave up" because after attempt 3 I was done & couldn't face it again. Only for Mrs LCD did we try with our last 2 remaing frozen eggs.

Seen her now is a bit surreal. I just never thought I'd be here (here being 5:30am pacing the halls of the Rotunda with a baby that hasn't slept in 13hrs). However with a bit of luck we are.

All I can say is just keep hoping & do what's best for your marriage & well being

The BIGGEST Congratulations LCD and Mrs LCD, this is great news!! It gives us all hope. Just had my baseline scan for round 2 of IUI this morning so I needed some good news to keep me going :)

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Congratulations LCD and Mrs LCD, that's amazing news! Enjoy every minute of little Lucy!

Hi folks

Tested today at 4pm, no line. I think this could be cos it's not morning pee but it's the first day period is due and she says it should work anytime of day now. Is that true? Or is she reading too much into this?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

How many days post transfer are you? I always thought it was if you were testing late it was any time of day otherwise they recommend first wee of the day.

Toots wrote: »
    How many days post transfer are you? I always thought it was if you were testing late it was any time of day otherwise they recommend first wee of the day.

We're 10 days post transfer...?

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭kastasia

Fingers crossed for you... I was too nervous to test myself, even though the wait was the longest time ever, I just had blood test at clinic.

You may just still be too early not to use first wee of the day. Are you using the first response tests?

Yes. Using first response. Tested again just now and it's still gone as are the typical hunger pangs she had been getting. We thought maybe it's a bad batch but with the symptoms gone too I guess that's it.

Soldier on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Yes. Using first response. Tested again just now and it's still gone as are the typical hunger pangs she had been getting. We thought maybe it's a bad batch but with the symptoms gone too I guess that's it.

Soldier on.

I wouldn’t discount it just yet. It’s very early for symptoms too. Did she test again this morning?

Yes that was this mornings test. She has bad cramping now and thinks it might be the period trying to come though it's been held off by taking the crinone

• Advertisement

Did a new brand of test this morning. There is an ever so faint line but I think it must just be residual hcg on it's way out

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭fits

Could be but then you might have got that yesterday too. Fingers crossed for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

You're not out yet bilbot. Try and hold off til period due date, easier said than done I know

I guess the period should come when she stops the crinone on Wednesday. We'll see.

Would love to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Bilbot79 I'm hoping against hope for you...
    LCD huge congrats on Lucy, ye had a long wait and struggle. It's great the Rotunda let Daddies stay overnight, my husband was only allowed to come in whenever morning visiting hours started (and he had to leave by 10 or 11pm every night)

Lucuma wrote: »
    Bilbot79 I'm hoping against hope for you...
    LCD huge congrats on Lucy, ye had a long wait and struggle. It's great the Rotunda let Daddies stay overnight, my husband was only allowed to come in whenever morning visiting hours started (and he had to leave by 10 or 11pm every night)

Thanks. Line is even fainter today so I'm thinking we're all but out.

It ain't over till Aunt Flo sings though!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Have everything crossed for you bilbot xx

Kinda sombre meeting with the doc today. He wasnt too bad when we first went in, was surprised that we hadn't got pregnant but then when we said about the chemical pregnancy it kinda felt like our situation went up a notch in seriousness, like we were a more rare, long term case.

Had a long conversation, I questioned a lot about probabilities etc trying to inform about strategy etc, Mrs bilbot was just emotional and cutting me off all the time. I almost wish I could talk to the doc separately about hard numbers and science. We're into the zone now of maybe pay 10k for pgs that shows if the embryo is viable, I don't want to know. Id rather do 5 transfers than pay 10 for information.

He did say one thing that reflected what I've got from this thread, that persistence give you a better chance statistically. Obvious really.

Had an argument with the Mrs because she was cutting me off while I was interrogating the doctor's amazing knowledge. I think she just wants to talk about her feelings and then have doctor's recommendations without question whereas I feel we need to be super informed to determine strategy now, that's the only part we can control. We pick the path, the doctor does the science.

Was always told my sperm was super quality but all of a sudden we're both doing genetics tests and dna fragmentation analysis on sperm. I'd have been happy to pay for this a year ago if I had been given all this claptrap about how good my sperm was!! I always questioned was there anything else I could do on my side and was ' No, no. No point your sperm is ok'. It's like they have their own path laid out without considering I would have been happy to pay extra for full information early on. I kind of blame Mrs bilbot in a way too because she's always cut me off iny search for information as she gets too emotional, I her mind I think she is just like ' doctor's know everything, ill just let them tell me the way' but thats not necessarily the right approach. In IVF the doctors know 'some' things and they advise you based on that only. For the stuff they don't know you need to be armed to the teeth with information about probabilities so you can weigh it up against what you can afford and then prioritise your next steps. So frustrated. Sorry for the long post.

I'm so sorry to hear that billbot. Would it be possible for you to have a chat with the doctor by phone to discuss some of the things you couldn't talk about at the meeting?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

It's a balancing act bilbot - IVF is naturally going to be more emotional for your partner because it's all on her. The injections, the scans, the monitoring. From her pov, I will tell you, I got serious wobbles when exploring fertility treatment. I was actually pretty scared even though I tried to hide it but it stressed me out a LOT. I actually started to get panic attacks and I didn't even get as far as IVF.

I get that you feel that you are now in a scientific arena and you need the number crunching - in fact, once I focused on that side of it, my anxiety lessened quite a bit. But there is a balance to be struck here, and a big part of your role unfortunately is the emotional/ non scientific side of it for her if that's what she needs.

The drugs she will take are intense. Hardcore. They will have all sorts of unpleasant side effects so if her emotional side needs to talk that through, then maybe that's what she needs to do? I know you might have felt that it was a waste of time with the appointment but the mental health of both of you during this process is very important too.

It's not easy for either of you so maybe take the weekend 'off' from fertility stuff and revisit it Monday-Friday?

Advertisement