Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long termers TTC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi Ladies,
    I’m new to this. I’ve stage 4 endo and ttc for over a year now. My cycle is between 26 and 31 days. .. before my diagnosis I always had a regular 28 day cycle. Just wondering if cycle day 30 is too late to experience implantation bleeding? Had tiny amount this morning but nothing since.

+Symptoms
    Day 30 of possible 31 day Cycle
    Fatigue
    Mucus in urine
    Cramping in the morning
    Faint line on Tesco test 2 days ago

-Symptoms
    Day 30 of cycle 26-31 days... mostly 28 days
    Temp down from 37 to 36.3 deg celsius
    Tiny bit of brownish blood on paper when I wiped this morning (no sign since)
    BFN on First Response yesterday Clear Blue today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Could go either way at this stage.

We recently had similar with tests which was a possible chemical pregnancy.However you can get a false negative bot a false positive. Best of luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi guys long term lurker here! Im TTC over 6 months now on my 2nd child and am over 35. It feels great to be able to write about this to people who will understand as i just dont feel my friends listen as they are either finished their families or are single and would love even 1 child. I am making a doctors appointment next month if we've no luck this month again. I'm finding it hard to manage my emotions as time goes on at times. It just feels like it will never happen then at other times i buy new baby clothes in the hope i will get to use them 🙈 wishing everyone luck in their journeys

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭babydream

Hi guys long term lurker here! Im TTC over 6 months now on my 2nd child and am over 35. It feels great to be able to write about this to people who will understand as i just dont feel my friends listen as they are either finished their families or are single and would love even 1 child. I am making a doctors appointment next month if we've no luck this month again. I'm finding it hard to manage my emotions as time goes on at times. It just feels like it will never happen then at other times i buy new baby clothes in the hope i will get to use them �� wishing everyone luck in their journeys

This is the place to chat or vent or cry whatever you feel like doing :) Did you have any problems having your first baby?

I had my laparoscopy last month and the doctor removed a small amount of endometriosis. He also said I had a blockage in one of my tubes but the force of the dye during the HSG cleared it thankfully. Left the hospital with a prescription for Clomid so hopefully our BFP isn't too far away :D

Hows everyone else doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 CCCHIA

Hi guys long term lurker here! Im TTC over 6 months now on my 2nd child and am over 35. It feels great to be able to write about this to people who will understand as i just dont feel my friends listen as they are either finished their families or are single and would love even 1 child. I am making a doctors appointment next month if we've no luck this month again. I'm finding it hard to manage my emotions as time goes on at times. It just feels like it will never happen then at other times i buy new baby clothes in the hope i will get to use them �� wishing everyone luck in their journeys

Welcome Airyfairy, rant away, I find it good to chat here and if there is anything we can help with, we will :)

So we're officially nearly 2 year TCC, but still mostly positive about the process. My period never arrived in January (none since cancelled IUI in December) so I was put on something called duvaston (turned me into a loopdeloop) but my period eventually arrived and I started on my injectables - I'm on day 11 of my injectables (found a cyst 16mm for my baseline scan but seems to be gone) - day 9 showed nada follicles - so I'm not very optimistic

Has anyone any experience of just not responding to injectables? For the last two rounds I only ever get one follicle that grows - not a hint of a secondary one. Should I be demanding that they up my dose? I'm only on 67 iu daily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nerd Queen

Hey recovering from surgery here. Long 2 year road to this surgery - had physio for suspected vaginismus etc. after almost 2 years of physio and dilator use an annular hymen was the new diagnosis. Consultant told me today it was much thicker and obstructive than she would have thought and required far more excising! So now a 4 week recovery instead of 2! Yet I’m lying here really happy that finally something concrete has been done! We can finally fully begin our ttc.

Nerd Queen wrote: »
    Hey recovering from surgery here. Long 2 year road to this surgery - had physio for suspected vaginismus etc. after almost 2 years of physio and dilator use an annular hymen was the new diagnosis. Consultant told me today it was much thicker and obstructive than she would have thought and required far more excising! So now a 4 week recovery instead of 2! Yet I’m lying here really happy that finally something concrete has been done! We can finally fully begin our ttc.

That sounds positive Nerd Queen hopefully 2018 is your year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 CCCHIA

Good luck in your recovery and sending you positive thoughts for the next steps :)

Thanks guys! Hoping 2018 is all our year

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fingersandtoes

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/health-family/parenting/miscarriages-and-ivf-chasing-a-rainbow-baby-and-when-to-stop-1.3385028?mode=amp

As someone who is having problems 3 years on having a second child and someone who has had IVF I found the article powerful.
    Thankfully I've never had a miscarriage so I can't relate to that and how upsetting it would be.
    Some of you may like the article.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Pretty similar to our story except for the IVF - we did OI and stopped there as I found the meds + bereavement of 4 mc's had an impact on my mental state. It resonated a lot with me.

What ttc vitamins would people recommend for both myself and hubby?

Hi guys so im about to start clomid this week and was just wondering do I need to take it a certain time of the day? Im really nervous about starting this as I have heard horror stories about the side effects especially the mood swings :eek:

babydream wrote: »
    Hi guys so im about to start clomid this week and was just wondering do I need to take it a certain time of the day? Im really nervous about starting this as I have heard horror stories about the side effects especially the mood swings :eek:

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

You don’t need to take it at a certain time. I used to take it in the morning. I didn’t have any mood swings or any other side effects either. Good luck!

bee06 wrote: »
    You don’t need to take it at a certain time. I used to take it in the morning. I didn’t have any mood swings or any other side effects either. Good luck!

Thanks bee did you get pregnant with clomid?

How are you and your little man doing?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Thanks bee did you get pregnant with clomid?

How are you and your little man doing?? :)

No, I took Clomid for 9 months I think with 5 months where I developed follicles but didn’t get pregnant. I moved to ovulation induction using FSH injections and got pregnant the first month. If I took Clomid that month I think I probably would have had the same result. These things just take time sometimes unfortunately.

We’re doing great. He’s 8 weeks on Friday and thriving. He’s currently asleep on top of me. My arm is numb but I don’t want to wake him! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I had pretty bad mood swings but I knew it was from the Clomid which made it easier to deal with!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I didn't think clomid affected my mood at the time... but when I look back I was a bit of a moody mare.

Still, I got my babby out of it so it's all good :)

I'm using proceive, recommended by the clinic.

V pricey at 30 quid a month. Need take with food as it just seems to go straight through you otherwise.

My wife reckons normal ones like Wellman are just as good.

• Advertisement

My consultant said just folic acid for me and Wellman for him. But if you want to take a multivitamin it won't do any harm. The important bit is the folic acid.

Thanks bilbot and Neyite! I am taking folic acid myself the last year or so just now that we are finally going to get a proper shot at ttc i thought a multivitamin for both of us would be no harm was just curious if the extra money for the ones labelled ttc were of any use to either of us!

Bilbot hope everything is going well for you.

Anyone ever heard of these 'greek tests' that find potential infections that regular tests might miss? Wife seems convinced loads of unexplaineds are getting pregnant after these.

https://community.babycentre.co.uk/post/a21112805/anyone_done_the_greek_hidden_infection_tests

bilbot79 wrote: »
    Anyone ever heard of these 'greek tests' that find potential infections that regular tests might miss? Wife seems convinced loads of unexplaineds are getting pregnant after these.

https://community.babycentre.co.uk/post/a21112805/anyone_done_the_greek_hidden_infection_tests

Yes, look up Serum clinic in Athens. They do a whole pile of infection testing, a lot can be done by posting samples over. I'm pretty sure there's a discussion on rollercoaster from couples who have done them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Robinson1978

Switching from Wellman Conception to Fertilaid and Fertilaid Count & Motility Boost seemed to work wonders for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Hi

We have been trying for 5 months and nothing yet. Starting to panic a little as we have deliberately timed sex to coincide with fertile time. I've used ovulation strips and a tracker, and we have made sure to go several days before ovulation as well as ovulation day and OD +1.

I'm not sure how long we should wait to get checked. Standard guidelines are 1 year trying if over 35, and 6 months if under. However my age traverses this - I will turn 35 when we have been trying for 6 months! :rolleyes:

Also, I have heard a lot about Clomid - will a GP prescribe this without carrying out consultations and check ups on both parties?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 squigglyd

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Hi

Standard guidelines are 1 year trying if over 35, and 6 months if under. However my age traverses this - I will turn 35 when we have been trying for 6 months! :rolleyes:
    I'm assuming that you wrote this the wrong way around but just in case - it's recommended that you see your GP after 1 year of trying if you are under 35 and after 6 months if you are over 35. If you are really worried, I'd see the GP after the 6 month mark as worrying has it's own down sides :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

squigglyd wrote: »
    I'm assuming that you wrote this the wrong way around but just in case - it's recommended that you see your GP after 1 year of trying if you are under 35 and after 6 months if you are over 35. If you are really worried, I'd see the GP after the 6 month mark as worrying has it's own down sides :)

Doh yes :) I'm 34 now so technically we should be trying for a year - but will turn 35 before that year is up. I think we will give it another couple of months and then see GP :(

If you feel there's an issue, by all means go to the doctor immediately. There are lots of tests that can be done to determine the health of your fertility. I was 27 when we started ttc and was continuously fobbed off because of my age. If I could go back, there's no way I would smile and nod and allow doctors to tell me that I'm grand and to relax blah blah blah.

I hope you've an easy time and don't need to head down the assisted road but definitely don't put off being checked over just because you don't meet the guidelines :)

(I don't mean for this to sound as preachy as it comes across)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭fits

I’d agree. No reason why you couldn’t start the process

Advertisement