Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long termers TTC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Yeah, me too. I don't think this is gluten free. It is dairy free, and red meat free, and processed free and alcohol free and free from lots of other things I love :/

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I can barely plan what to have for dinner without excluding major food groups. I'd last two days, maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ahaaha

I just ordered it online now too. My diet and lifestyle have really taken a dive since our failed round. I chuckled when I read your comment neyite-my meal organisation skills are a running joke in our household ;) I'm hoping this book gives good alternative options.
    I read about the author, Dermot O Connor, based in dublin. Seems to talk sense. Will let you know how we get on... Wishing everyone a good week x

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Ahaaha I'd love to hear how you get on with it too, I've fallen off the wagon recently but hoping I can kick myself back into shape this week, lots of fruit, veg and protein!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

I'm dairy, gluten, egg white, sugar, potato and yeast free, seriously the biggest pain in the ass. I've been on it for 6 months, but went completely off for holidays, back on now and no break scheduled until Christmas :-( It's a nightmare, will be worth it, but a total pain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

barbiegirl wrote: »
    I'm dairy, gluten, egg white, sugar, potato and yeast free, seriously the biggest pain in the ass. I've been on it for 6 months, but went completely off for holidays, back on now and no break scheduled until Christmas :-( It's a nightmare, will be worth it, but a total pain

I really admire your will power but what do you actually eat!!!

Don't think I would be considered long timer but I am ttc for about 10 months and just looking for a small bit of advice. I am temping and charting for the last 7 months. Age 34.
    I have booked an appointment with my gp and just looking for recommendations for what tests I should be requesting. I have had day 3 and 21 tests done previously (quite a while ago) which didn't show up any anomalies. The gp is grand but not always one to cover all bases and I always feel I need to tell him what's blood tests I want done. I have an underactive thyroid too so regularly get tested for that.
    Also what kinda questions am I likely to be asked by the gp?
    I know I'm not quite the 12 months however with my age and underlying condition I suppose I am just slightly more worried. Thanks.

Blingy wrote: »
    I really admire your will power but what do you actually eat!!!
    Very bloody little, ;-) fruit veg meat fish egg yolk lactose free dairy, gluten free oats, pulses. Boring as hell, driving me mad. I love food and cooking the diet ruins that. But it has brought my cytokines to normal giving our ivf a better chance so worth it ultimately. I do try once a week, for Sunday lunch to eat normally.

Very bloody little, ;-) fruit veg meat fish egg yolk lactose free dairy, gluten free oats, pulses. Boring as hell, driving me mad. I love food and cooking the diet ruins that. But it has brought my cytokines to normal giving our ivf a better chance so worth it ultimately. I do try once a week, for Sunday lunch to eat normally.

Well it sounds like it will all be worth the hard work....and that's all that matters :)

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Woodbrook80

Can I ask so what do u eat lol
    I've to put ttc on a back burner my mother needs looking after for next few months :(

• Advertisement

When you have a minute, could you post up what a good days eating looks like, please and thank you!

I'm looking forward to getting this book and getting stuck in. I know I'll be able for the diet as I eat quite healthily anyway. I also know caffeine withdrawals will be AWFUL and cutting out the small bit of sugar I eat will also be awful, but it will be worth it if it helps! I'm more worried about my husband as he lives on rice krispies and strawberry jam on white bread :pac:

Blingy, I don't know about the thyroid but I'd say it will have impact on the tests you'd have? I would say day 3/21 will be repeated. I have day day 3/21 (repeated til I lost the plot and refused to have them done again. 4 times, 4 identical results, what's the point in doing them again?) full general bloods. I had a HSG done a few weeks back too.

Lucyfur wrote: »
    When you have a minute, could you post up what a good days eating looks like, please and thank you!

No problems,
    breakfast gluten free porridge, lactose free milk and frozen raspberries whacked in the microwave. Glass of water and a million tablets
    11 am 1-2 apples and 12-15 nuts
    Lunch a large salad, normally smoked salmon, rocket, avocado and tomato. Plus a soup, can be hard to get a pre-made one but I find the Good Food stuff has a few I can eat.
    4pm fruit, normally orange/banana/pear
    Dinner - 2-3 portions of veg (peas, broccoli, tomatoes, rocket, spinach etc), meat, sometimes beans or lentils
    Berries (occasionally a two pieces of very dark chocolate.

That's it. Struggling over a salad here at the moment and treated myself to some fish sushi, rice is a treat 'm allowed very occasionally.

I would point out that I was tolerance tested, and some of this is because I am very intolerant of gluten, dairy, yeast, egg white and soya. The rest because my blood sugars were so high, so no/very little carbs, no high sugar fruits such as melon or pineapple.

You'd think I'd be a skinny minny by now but nope, lost 1.5 stone and stopped. Still the weight loss isn't the focus right now.

Lucyfur wrote: »

No problems,
    breakfast gluten free porridge, lactose free milk and frozen raspberries whacked in the microwave. Glass of water and a million tablets
    11 am 1-2 apples and 12-15 nuts
    Lunch a large salad, normally smoked salmon, rocket, avocado and tomato. Plus a soup, can be hard to get a pre-made one but I find the Good Food stuff has a few I can eat.
    4pm fruit, normally orange/banana/pear
    Dinner - 2-3 portions of veg (peas, broccoli, tomatoes, rocket, spinach etc), meat, sometimes beans or lentils
    Berries (occasionally a two pieces of very dark chocolate.

That's it. Struggling over a salad here at the moment and treated myself to some fish sushi, rice is a treat 'm allowed very occasionally.

I would point out that I was tolerance tested, and some of this is because I am very intolerant of gluten, dairy, yeast, egg white and soya. The rest because my blood sugars were so high, so no/very little carbs, no high sugar fruits such as melon or pineapple.

You'd think I'd be a skinny minny by now but nope, lost 1.5 stone and stopped. Still the weight loss isn't the focus right now.

That's not toooooo bad. But that's very easy for me to say sitting here with my cuppa :pac:

I have my everything crossed for you tho. You really really deserve a happy and healthy pregnancy x

Thanks Lucyfur, I just made all my appointments for my scans, we're on down cycle, or the pill right now, but at the end of October, fingers crossed a couple of little embies will be put in. Excited but very nervous, especially after the crap quality of my eggs last time, from 12 only one fertilised and didn't make it to day 3. Doing everything now to get it right.
    Yep for the first couple of weeks the diet isn't too bad, but after 6 months, eating all the same foods, time and again, you get very, very fed up. I'd kill for an unhealthy hot chicken roll :D
    We all of us deserve our happy healthy pregnancies and eventually we will get them, and our beautiful babies at the end. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Blingy wrote: »
    Don't think I would be considered long timer but I am ttc for about 10 months and just looking for a small bit of advice. I am temping and charting for the last 7 months. Age 34.
    I have booked an appointment with my gp and just looking for recommendations for what tests I should be requesting. I have had day 3 and 21 tests done previously (quite a while ago) which didn't show up any anomalies. The gp is grand but not always one to cover all bases and I always feel I need to tell him what's blood tests I want done. I have an underactive thyroid too so regularly get tested for that.
    Also what kinda questions am I likely to be asked by the gp?
    I know I'm not quite the 12 months however with my age and underlying condition I suppose I am just slightly more worried. Thanks.

Hi Blingy,

If your day 3 and 21 bloods are good they may refer your other half for a semen analysis and they will refer you for an ultrasound. If there is nothing abnormal there they may suggest 3 months of clomid... again it depends on your results. I did 3 months low dose cloimd and 3 months checking my day 3 and 21 bloods.

After about 18-20 months with no diagnoses I went for a laparoscopic hysterectomy,and lap and dye.

Hope this helps a little, but again it depends on your results.

Just a quick one girls, how long does the SA results take? My other half need to get one before we got to our next appointment, but without realizing we are in rabbit season from today ;) and I don't want to miss any days, but at the same time want to make sure his results are in when we get to the appointment.

stickybean wrote: »
    Just a quick one girls, how long does the SA results take? My other half need to get one before we got to our next appointment, but without realizing we are in rabbit season from today ;) and I don't want to miss any days, but at the same time want to make sure his results are in when we get to the appointment.

Stickybean we always got results of SA on the day. We had to abstain from anything for 3 full days prior to sample being given. Happy rabbiting 😜

Thanks Lucyfur, I just made all my appointments for my scans, we're on down cycle, or the pill right now, but at the end of October, fingers crossed a couple of little embies will be put in. Excited but very nervous, especially after the crap quality of my eggs last time, from 12 only one fertilised and didn't make it to day 3. Doing everything now to get it right.
    Yep for the first couple of weeks the diet isn't too bad, but after 6 months, eating all the same foods, time and again, you get very, very fed up. I'd kill for an unhealthy hot chicken roll :D
    We all of us deserve our happy healthy pregnancies and eventually we will get them, and our beautiful babies at the end. :D

Best of luck to you barbiegirl. We are roughly a month after you on our next cycle. Here's hoping this healthy lifestyle will up our fertilisation rates x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Results from semen analysis will be done within the hour. So you should have plenty time to get it done before your appointment.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

stickybean wrote: »

We had the SA at 10am, and the consultant appointment complete with the results of the SA at 11am the same morning. The sample needs to be less than an hour old when reaching the lab, so a lot of clinics provide a room to use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭nemo32

Penny, i hope you still read this thread. I can't send you any messages until you clear you inbox ðŸ˜႒

guys anyone got a reference to a good cervical mucus guide? I know we had one on here before, but I can't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Good luck barbiegirl.
    Stickybean, as neyite said our results were in within the morning. We brought the sample in as we lived near the lab. Husband had to cuddle it the whole way to keep it warm!!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭pennyloves

Hey Nemo, I deleted loads of messages so hopefully I should be fine to receive messages:)

Your inbox is full again Penny, Your a busy girl ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Cooperspale

I'm out again. After threatened ectopic & blighted ovum, today I went for last scan to show it never grew since previous. So I've elected for D&C next week to put an end to this sorry episode. Hopefully get to try again soon.

I'm out again. After threatened ectopic & blighted ovum, today I went for last scan to show it never grew since previous. So I've elected for D&C next week to put an end to this sorry episode. Hopefully get to try again soon.

I'm so sorry Cooper. Cocoon up for the weekend with lots of TLC. I guess the weather matches your mood right now. :(

Sorry to hear that Cooperspale, hope you are doing okay xxx

So due the dreaded witch today... have been feeling very strange all week, loads of cramping in my pelvic area, lower back pain and I'm extremely bloated, my jeans wouldn't close on me yesterday.

If I hadn't been at this over three years now I would be taking these as possibly "good" symptoms and having some hope. I mentioned it to my husband last night, just said "do you think maybe this could be our chance?"

I really wanted him to say, yes or even maybe, he just said, ah sure don't get your hopes up again....

I know he is probably right, but I do miss that little bit of hope and excitement each month.

We have our big appointment in 2 weeks, this is to decide which is the best assisted method to try, maybe that's why I was feeling so hopeful this month...

• Advertisement

So sorry to see your message Cooperspale, you poor thing, that sounds like a terrible couple of weeks you've been through. Look after yourself xx

Advertisement