Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long termers TTC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

At least you are on the journey and you have been diagnosed which is great, now it can be treated which is the main thing. I agree with Barbiegirl try not to be too hard on yourself, the healthy eating is a must I find, I feel great when I'm on a roll of eating properly, as soon as I fall off the wagon everything goes to pot! Exercise is my saving grace, it makes me feel so much better so I would DEFINITELY recommend that, gives you a bit of time out too.

Dying with mid-month pains this month, tummy is swelled and everything is hurting, not sure if I am actually ovulating this month and this is what it feels like or if the Endo or a cyst is back... lent is tomorrow so I'm kickstarting my healthy eating again by giving up all chocolate and crisps etc for lent... that will have me well prepared for IVF which I'm hoping to start in late April

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭saraj14

thanks ladies, for your replies. Really appreciate it. I met with a new surgeon and i'm so much happier. He seems to be really nice and has recommended an excellent bowel surgeon to assist on the day. Going to meet the bowel surgeon in a few weeks, but have read some great things about him also.
    Will start to focus on the positives and fingers crossed it all goes well.
    Hollywood best of luck with the IVF, really hope it all goes well. Will be thinking of you

Really glad to hear that Sara, hope everything goes really well for you, will be thinking of you also, thanks so much.

Starting my healthy lifestyle today, 1st day of lent, no chocolate or crisps.Better diet and more exercise. I need to loose a stone... the joys!! But I'm feeling very positive... looking forward to making it happen, then I'll be in a much better place for starting IVF. Good Luck 2 us all xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

All done strong embie good lining good position. So now a two week wait 👣

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Fingers crossed Barbie.

I finally got a HSG xray appointment next week, then see the public fertility consultant on 16 March.

I'm on CD1 here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ahaaha

Great news barbiegirl. Keeping everything crossed for you xxx

Best of luck with HSG neyite xxx

Love to all you ladies at whatever stage you are at. I hope today was a good day for ye all x

• Registered Users Posts: 22 neia

Finding life very tough at the minute. Had a miscarriage at 6 weeks sept 2013, premature baby that didn't survive summer 2014 and just yesterday another miscarriage went for scan expecting to be 9.5 weeks. Bloods sent away due to recurrent miscarriages devastated to hear it will take 6 weeks to get results. Just completely crushed right now

That's great Barbiegirl, fingers crossed!

Good news Neyite, hope it all goes well for you,

Neia, I'm so sorry to hear that, life can be so so tough xx

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

neia wrote: »
    Finding life very tough at the minute. Had a miscarriage at 6 weeks sept 2013, premature baby that didn't survive summer 2014 and just yesterday another miscarriage went for scan expecting to be 9.5 weeks. Bloods sent away due to recurrent miscarriages devastated to hear it will take 6 weeks to get results. Just completely crushed right now

I'm so sorry for you losses.

Really sorry for your losses Neia, so heart breaking for you. Be kind to yourself and your partner.

I also have had multiple misses and some of the areas checked beyond what the Coombe did for me were, my clotting factor, Chicago Bloods for auto immune and blood sugars for pre-diabetes. Sims did these for me. Big hugs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TomeeTipee

Barbiegirl, the very best of luck to you. Fingers crossed for you this cycle. I'm just a few days behind you, having my frostie transferred on monday, all going well.

Good luck with the hsg next week neyite. If you havent already been advised, i would say take a few painkillers before hand. I forgot to take any and i did find it sore, although it didn't last long. Some women find them grand, so it does depend, but i definitely wished i had taken something! At least things are moving in the right direction now with your consultation next month.

neia, i'm so sorry to hear about your losses. I've also had multiple miscarriages, but i can't even begin to comprehend how difficult it must be to have lost your premature baby as well. In a strange sort of way, hopefully your tests might show up something that can be easily addressed so that you can get some answers. For now just take care of yourselves xx

• Registered Users Posts: 22 neia

Thank you ladies. Midwife said womb was almost completely empty by the time I had scan. looks like baby stopped growing 3 weeks ago. Today I took ovulation test and it was positive; tmi but watery cervical mucus. Am I mad?? Is it possible? Would cd1 be from when baby stopped growing or when bleeding stopped? Bleeding stopped yesterday. very confused

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Thank you ladies. Midwife said womb was almost completely empty by the time I had scan. looks like baby stopped growing 3 weeks ago. Today I took ovulation test and it was positive; tmi but watery cervical mucus. Am I mad?? Is it possible? Would cd1 be from when baby stopped growing or when bleeding stopped? Bleeding stopped yesterday. very confused

Sorry for your losses neia. It's very hard to know with mc unfortunately, as everyone is different.

What worked for me after MC was follicle tracking rather than ovulation tests *which were always a bit iffy for me anyway, I would get false positives*, or blood tests, which give you the information after you've ovulated. I had private follicle scans done locally. Cost was about 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Cooperspale

Good luck to everyone waiting at the moment.

My last IVF was chemical so I've decided to give up on my goods after so many disappointments and try the DE route. Big decision but I've made my peace with it. I'd adopt but it's worse odds than IVF.

Good luck to everyone waiting at the moment.

My last IVF was chemical so I've decided to give up on my goods after so many disappointments and try the DE route. Big decision but I've made my peace with it. I'd adopt but it's worse odds than IVF.

I'm not familiar with the Donor Egg route Cooper, only that a friend was on a waiting list for it, but didn't need it in the end, so I only know part of the process. But the very best of luck with it, and I hope we can support you what ever way that we can during the process.

You are right about adoption. It irks me when the whole 'just adopt' crap gets wheeled out by some, because they have NO idea how difficult and expensive it is to get through, if you can at all. And even then, there is a time clock ticking and there is not one area of your lives that is not scrutinised. I totally get why its hugely important to be certain that a couple are suitable for an adoption, and ensure the child gets a good home but its so frustrating when there are so many children out there that need loving homes and so many couples that yearn to provide them.

I've my HSG tomorrow. And I've just remembered that anecdotally, there seems to be a slight increase in pregnancies directly after one. So I'm focusing on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Coopersdale, best of luck with your decision. I'm a little like you, even if the decision isn't always the outcome if have chosen, it brings a sense of ease that I can deal with rather than the state of indecision and flux preceding it.

Good luck tomorrow neyite. Will be interested to hear how you get on. I have my lap tomorrow morning. Have just had the worst weekend though. WAs sent to a&e last Friday with suspected appendicitis and it turns out it wasn't and they suspect it was ovarian or a bad case if mittelschmerz. If that was ovulation pain, it's beyond me how on earth you could concieve as you'd never be well enough to have sex?! The pain was absolutely horrendous so I'm terrified of tomorrow now. Things just seem to be going from bad to worse for us fertility wise. Suddenly getting really nervous now :(

I've had mittlesmertz so bad I was nearly in tears and couldnt speak it was so sore. Will you lap show up anything that might have caused the pain?

I had a HSG before, on my first bout of infertility investigations, and it was sore, so not particularly looking forward to it.

Neyite wrote: »
    I've had mittlesmertz so bad I was nearly in tears and couldnt speak it was so sore. Will you lap show up anything that might have caused the pain?

I had a HSG before, on my first bout of infertility investigations, and it was sore, so not particularly looking forward to it.

Oh really? I've never had it. Was vomiting with it, it am was so bad. I was kept in hospital until Sunday and had a ct scan which didn't show anything. I'm kind if glad I'll be knocked out for lap.... Total wuss!

ok, well I never puked with it, so I think you were right to go in to get it checked. Bloody wish they'd knock me out for the HSG. But I'll be going home afterwards to chocolate and netflix to make up for it.

Neyite wrote: »
    ok, well I never puked with it, so I think you were right to go in to get it checked. Bloody wish they'd knock me out for the HSG. But I'll be going home afterwards to chocolate and netflix to make up for it.

Oh snap.... I'm all set for a house of cards weekend!! Good luck anyway.

• Advertisement

Yellow Hen, best of luck with the lap.

Didn't like the HSG myself Neyite, though it was never going to end, was glued to the couch for the evening after it.

yellow hen wrote: »
    Oh snap.... I'm all set for a house of cards weekend!! Good luck anyway.

We want to start watching that. Love Kevin Spacey! We just watched Lillehammer which is great, though I felt the last series was fading a bit.

Lying in my hospital bed now just coming too. I haven't spoken to consultant yet but nurse mentioned that they did find endo which I'm delighted with. Still a bit groggy but impossible to sleep with the noise. What days we ever do before smartphones???

Lying in my hospital bed now just coming too. I haven't spoken to consultant yet but nurse mentioned that they did find endo which I'm delighted with. Still a bit groggy but impossible to sleep with the noise. What days we ever do before smartphones???

Would you believe I didn't have a smart phone until I went on maternity leave. Going spare in the hospital for the 5 days I was!

A good book would always keep me entetained! But still god bless the smartphones!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Jim Stynes

Wish I didn't read this thread now :-(

Jim Stynes wrote: »
    Wish I didn't read this thread now :-(

If it makes you feel any better, we all wish we weren't here :(

Neyite, how did you get on last week? I'm feeling pretty positive now. Hopefully will get appt to see consultant in the next few weeks and she might put me back on clomid. I might try agnus castus next cycle while I'm waiting. Hate feeling so useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Jim Stynes

Neyite, how did you get on last week? I'm feeling pretty positive now. Hopefully will get appt to see consultant in the next few weeks and she might put me back on clomid. I might try agnus castus next cycle while I'm waiting. Hate feeling so useless.

Im sure like everyone else i never thought we would be one of these couples. Both 30, trying for 2 years, male problem with antibodies on sperm, female results still not back. Think the next option is ICSI. Dreading the whole process and the length of time and money it takes for all these things.

Got on grand, Hen. Unusually, it was a male medic that did the procedure. I'm not fussed over gender even on such an intimate procedure but it did throw me momentarily. It kinda helped that he was very easy on the eye at first but then when it was legs akimbo with my fanny in his face, eh, not so much :pac:

He seemed to have a bit of difficulty getting the catheter in, and the table was going up and down and my legs being positioned this way and that way while he was having a good rummage,and I mercifully couldn't see a thing. It was all a bit 50 shades of x-ray :D

The contrast was sore, but I'd neurofen plus and paracetamol on board so it was bearable- like a contraction really. They didn't tell me if there was any blockages but I'll ring my gp tomorrow to find out.

But, like you, feeling positive and I'm focused on my appointment with the consultant in a couple of weeks. That was the last of the tests so we will see what is next. Likely more clomid, the first round I didn't think I was affected, but the 6 cycles of it I did last year, I felt very hormental on them. I did briefly consider agnus castus but with the appointment looming I don't want my cycles to be all over the place in case it affects their plan for me.

Jim, I've heard that a big diet overhaul can improve semen quality. If you search the chat thread with that as a keyword I think i remember one poster put some really good information about improving semen quality on it.

• Advertisement

Jim Stynes, high doses of Omega 3 and Vitamin D in addition to a clean diet makes a massive difference to male factor. This is not an easy time for either partner.

Well we did our POAS Saturday and Sunday and in both cases it was unchanged, not pregnant. Had the official blood work done today but don't expect any different. Going to book some Reiki before the end of the week, and focus on getting on the road with our next round. With the need to do testosterone and the pill for 2 cycles before we start, to increase egg quality, that means we will be May/June before we are transferring again. Oh well, guess I can relax a little this week on the diet, and have a few drinkies over the next couple of months. Always look on the bright side.

Advertisement