Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long termers TTC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Well ivf it is,was talking bout ivf and I asked him why not iui,he said oh ya can do that if you want but its not as effective.torn now I don't know if I can handle ivf after that chat with him today.every time im in there I feel like crying!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Ya it is pretty hard not to think about it all the time, some months I give up and just don't even speak of it, like last month and this month, doing alot of training and exercise to keep my mind off it and just trying to 'do it' when the mood takes us!! I don't know, it does consume you though

bobskii wrote: »
    Well ivf it is,was talking bout ivf and I asked him why not iui,he said oh ya can do that if you want but its not as effective.torn now I don't know if I can handle ivf after that chat with him today.every time im in there I feel like crying!

Just think of the delightful little bundle of joy you will have at the end. Take some time to prepare yourself for it mentally and then get positive and go for it. Maybe get a second opinion if you think iui could be an option before going for ivf.

I'm gonna go to the open night and decide after that,why oh why does life do these things to us:(

I know, getting pregnant is something people really take for granted, people just assume it's going to happen, not many realise the difficulties, I always have people saying to me 'oh your next now' and 'isn't it about time you started having a family', some days I feel like strangling them! It's not fair having a baby seems like a small ask, we're good people who could really care for a child but its an uphill battle to get one... ok rant over I could keep going but i wont!!!

• Advertisement

Im havin the same kind of day myslf Hollywood.A friend questioning me on why its taking so long that her other friend had it done in no time. Thinks she knows it all and it me going through this crap not her!grrrrr

Im havin the same kind of day myslf Hollywood.A friend questioning me on why its taking so long that her other friend had it done in no time. Thinks she knows it all and it me going through this crap not her!grrrrr

I know it's really difficult, I have people telling me 'it'll happen' and 'it's not your time yet' but how do they know, it hasn't happened in the last 4 years, whats going to change now, it may never happen.

Ok I am staying positive that it will, but it's difficult with some many around us getting pregnant by shaking hands!! Have to keep trying different things in hope but it's such a long process. I feel like my dr isn't taking it seriously either, you'd imagine after 4 years they would take more notice

Yeh exactly or the stop stressing about it and it will happen,hate that one!!Push your doctor if you feel that way or change doctors because at the end of the day it's your life!it is a long process though,but if you feel strongly change until your happy with how things are progressing for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Day 30 today, zero symptoms, feel like I am looking for some, Lol!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Ladies, I find that I'm being pulled into the realm of long term ttc now. We've been ttc since the end of December and nothing.
    I recently started acupuncture and have had 6 sessions so far. I paid a visit to my GP on Tuesday evening to discuss this and explore options.
    My husband has been dispatched for a semen analysis and I'm scheduled for day 3 and 21 bloods soon.
    I've been doing some thinking about my general health of late to try to see why there could be a reason for the lack of babies!! We live a healthy lifestyle don't drink excessively don't smoke and have a healthy diet. Then I thought about an issue I've been having with my shoulder for the past 2 years.
    I won't go into the shoulder injury itself as the cause of it isn't connected to my fertility. However there have been times when it's been very very sore and painful and I've had to take quite a few Neurofen Max and Solpadine over the past two years. Now I'm concerned that this may have damaged my liver function and had a knock on effect to my fertility and damaged my eggs.
    The liver is a fantastic organ and I know has a superb chance of repairing itself if given half a chance so I'm ok on that score. The bloods when drawn will be tested for everything; cholesterol, diabetes, LFTs, etc. If they are raised it will be obvious. Although that's not always indicative of something wrong.
    My question for you ladies who have travelled further down this road at me is, has the health of your liver been raised as an issue or area of concern in any of your consultations? If so what was the outcome?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 GoldieLocks99

I was just reading the indo from Thursday. There is a whole magazine in it about the different options, some of which we have tried and are trying.

If anyone wants to read it i found it online.

http://supplements.independent.ie/?xml=Mother_and_Baby_imag&iid=83144#folio=1

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Penny, the liver was never mentioned to me, and I haven't came across it on any reading up on causes for infertility. And I practically munched on neurofen plus during a time I was getting ongoing dental work.

Neyite wrote: »
    Penny, the liver was never mentioned to me, and I haven't came across it on any reading up on causes for infertility. And I practically munched on neurofen plus during a time I was getting ongoing dental work.

Dental work sucks!

I hadn't heard much about liver function either and just came across it with something I had to read for,work yesterday and it made me wonder.
    It's all speculation on my part now and the blood work will tell more.
    I think I'm going to eat more liver friendly foods anyway, more fish and the like anyway. It won't do anything other than good for my body regardless of whether its linked to my fertility or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

We are on the 2ww. Fingers crossed this is our month.

Maybe just ask your doctor if you do feel concerned about it Penny, at least he/she can put your mind at ease but I've never seen it mentioned anywhere as a cause of infertility and it hasn't been mentioned to me either. I think we've all probably had to munch down tablets at some stage, I've been on more anti-biotics than I care to remember, have recurring bladder infections and cystitis so I would think you're probably safe!

Maybe just ask your doctor if you do feel concerned about it Penny, at least he/she can put your mind at ease but I've never seen it mentioned anywhere as a cause of infertility and it hasn't been mentioned to me either. I think we've all probably had to munch down tablets at some stage, I've been on more anti-biotics than I care to remember, have recurring bladder infections and cystitis so I would think you're probably safe!

Thanks. I'm back at the surgery on Thursday for my Day 21 bloods anyway so will mention it to the nurse then.

Actually Penny i was on talets that reduced my liver function and lowered my white blood cells earlier this year,i was being monitored for it but they said it would repair itself anyway once i stopped the tablets.

Had my Day 21 bloods taken today. Mentioned the liver function to the nurse and she said it shouldn't be an issue. The results will tell all of course but she said it would take a lot for the liver to impact on fertility in such a way as to render you infertile. If my liver was that bad then I'd know all about it.

I got a pack of Christmas cards today to support the fund raising for the local school and had a cry when it dawned on me that it is another Christmas that we will e sending out cards without the added baby name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Christmas is the hardest time, for sure.

Hey girls, I was at the Merrion Clinic this evening, they had a free fertility talk, heard about it last minute. It was really useful. We got to look all around the facilty, they gave us loads of information about their services and options.

Feeling very positive after meeting with them :D

stickybean wrote: »
    Hey girls, I was at the Merrion Clinic this evening, they had a free fertility talk, heard about it last minute. It was really useful. We got to look all around the facilty, they gave us loads of information about their services and options.

Feeling very positive after meeting with them :D

That sounds interesting. How did you hear about the talk? Will it be something they run again do you know?

I heard it on the radio, this is a link to the add on her website:

http://www.merrionfertility.ie/upcoming-information-evening-at-mfc/

Also we were speaking to a couple who seen it advertised in the paper

I imagine they run it often enough. I would highly recommned, if you have any questions the whole team was there to chat (nurses, doctors, surgeons, admin team and lab workers)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I got a pack of Christmas cards today to support the fund raising for the local school and had a cry when it dawned on me that it is another Christmas that we will e sending out cards without the added baby name.

Big squishy Hugs for you Caroline. Hope its the last one you have to experience.

Its tough all right.

I see in an earlier post you said you were in the 2WW. Hopefully you'll have the great news of a baby on the way this Christmas. :)
    I really hope you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

You never know maybe there's a tiny little one in there right now. Fingers crossed for you x

I have a very strong feeling I will be out again this month. Period due in 3 days but have a little spotting so have a feeling AF will be on the way.....

10 days late, 3 BFN tests :( , feeling p!ssed off. I was on anti biotics this month, not sure if that could have affected my cycle.

Also was told we have to abstain or use protection next month as I am going in for my D&C, Hysteroscopy and laporoscopy.

Looks like this will be another Christmas / New year without our bump :'(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭pennyloves

Caroline, my heart goes out to you because I felt the same today. My friend gave birth to her second child today and I just broke down when I read the text. I don't smoke but I had to have one this evening. No one understands, it's such a silent grief that you have to hide and carry around.

Advertisement