Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long termers TTC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

timitami wrote: »
    I'm having egg retrieval on Wednesday if you're in search of a buddy barbiegirl! First timer so I wasn't paying attention to the numbers as I probably should have been. Triggering tonight, yikes!

Sounds like a plan. I'm triggering tomorrow night with retrieval on Thursday. Scary Mary time :D third time lucky for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭nemo32

Best of luck girls.. it's a nerve wrecking time. Barbie, it was third time lucky for me ;) xx

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

So I havent been coping very well lately, everything is stressing me out. Work especially, I also am doing exams and not talking about the treatment in a few months and it just got on top of me. Ended up going to to the doctor and cried all over her. Just couldnt help it, it all came out and she signed me off work for a few days.

The break has done me good, just hope I can learn to deal a bit better. Its not an easy process, I need to get work sorted. Its too much and only getting busier. Need to sort my head out before we try treatment as I dont want to waste it. We were planning on starting end of next month but Im so scared to start. I hope once we get going I will be ok, the thought of it is probably worse than the reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

lashes34 wrote: »
    So I havent been coping very well lately, everything is stressing me out. Work especially, I also am doing exams and not talking about the treatment in a few months and it just got on top of me. Ended up going to to the doctor and cried all over her. Just couldnt help it, it all came out and she signed me off work for a few days.

The break has done me good, just hope I can learn to deal a bit better. Its not an easy process, I need to get work sorted. Its too much and only getting busier. Need to sort my head out before we try treatment as I dont want to waste it. We were planning on starting end of next month but Im so scared to start. I hope once we get going I will be ok, the thought of it is probably worse than the reality.

Oh hello me! I feel a bit like you this week. I actually think I'm really run down and you know how it's hard to fix you're mental state when you're tired. Just started taking a multivitamin and lots of vit c today and I really hope to get out and start walking again. I think if u feel better about myself, work and ttc won't feel quite so depressing. Glad you got somE time off, some indulgent time to yourself can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 timitami

Had egg retrieval this morning. 9 eggs. No idea if that is good or not. I was going to update that that was a walk in the park compared to laparoscopy but the happy drugs are wearing off. :D

• Advertisement

timitami wrote: »
    Had egg retrieval this morning. 9 eggs. No idea if that is good or not. I was going to update that that was a walk in the park compared to laparoscopy but the happy drugs are wearing off. :D

Hi 9 is good all down to quality now every finger and toe crossed. If I get 9 good ones I'll be really happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

lashes34 wrote: »

I know how you feel pet xxx It is such a hard long process. I find I have a fews days where I am positive and really believing it will happen and other days I feel what's the point and want to throw the towel in.

Come on here any time, rant, rave just get things of your chest. Trust me, you are not alone. Everyone of us on here is or has felt like this at one time or another.

I am not sure you ever learn to deal with it, after 3 and a half years I can't deal with it, but I have learned to cope, a little better x

Enjoy your time off and be good to yourself xxx

Had only 5 retrieved today. Find out tomorrow about fertilisation. Very nervous 😞

Fingers crossed for you Barbiegirl!

You only need one to get there pet x

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I am a lurker in this thread but just want to wish you the best of luck Barbiegirl

• Advertisement

barbiegirl wrote: »
    Had only 5 retrieved today. Find out tomorrow about fertilisation. Very nervous 😞

The wait must be so tough. Sending good vibes your way!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Hi girls

So I haven't been on in a while but I'm back! I have booked in for my IVF talk on the 12th May, I'll be starting my IVF from there.

What I'm wondering is... What exactly happens on during the Information Day?? Do I get tests done that day?? Thanks!

Hi girls

So I haven't been on in a while but I'm back! I have booked in for my IVF talk on the 12th May, I'll be starting my IVF from there.

What I'm wondering is... What exactly happens on during the Information Day?? Do I get tests done that day?? Thanks!

Hi Hollywood welcome back. If it's sims then no, no tests at info day. More a classroom environment with other couples where they go through what they do and how they do it. Of course if it's an actual appointment with a consultant then they can start blood tests there and then if you want, are ready.
    Best of luck ðŸ€

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

if it's hari it's similar . like an information evening . they give u stats and figures and you fill in a format and they send by an appointment from there . vest of luck to everyone starting out, I was in your position this time last year xx

Thanks for replying bobskii & barbiegirl. I'm going with Galway Fertility Clinic, I know I have to pay on the day €4500 & there will be an appointment with a nurse after the talk. I know they say €4500 but am I probably talking €6000 with the meds & tests that come with it??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Yeh ours Was €6000 with hari but we got our drugs on the medical card so that saved us a bit . It depends on what they are offering, they should give you breakdown of where your money is going . They like to get the money side of things looked after straight away.

Well only 1 has made it, so we have to hope with everything we have that it makes it to Sunday and is then a sticky. I'm tired, emotional and drained.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 timitami

barbiegirl wrote: »
    Well only 1 has made it, so we have to hope with everything we have that it makes it to Sunday and is then a sticky. I'm tired, emotional and drained.

You only need the one barbiegirl! Sending you good vibes.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Thinking of you Barbie!

Thinking of you Barbiegirl xxx Sending positive vibes your way pet xxx

• Advertisement

One goodie is all you need barbiegirl...let's hope this little one is the one. X

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TomeeTipee

Sorry to hear that barbiegirl, i know how disappointing it is when numbers are low. Fingers crossed it will make it. The next few days will be very stressful for you, please take good care of yourself. Thinking of you xx

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

yellow hen wrote: »
    Oh hello me! I feel a bit like you this week. I actually think I'm really run down and you know how it's hard to fix you're mental state when you're tired. Just started taking a multivitamin and lots of vit c today and I really hope to get out and start walking again. I think if u feel better about myself, work and ttc won't feel quite so depressing. Glad you got somE time off, some indulgent time to yourself can help.

It's not easy YH, most of the time I'm fine but sometimes when I'm tired etc it just gets too much. I'm feeling much better though now thankfully.
    stickybean wrote: »
    I know how you feel pet xxx It is such a hard long process. I find I have a fews days where I am positive and really believing it will happen and other days I feel what's the point and want to throw the towel in.

That's exactly how I feel stickybean, it's so good to be able to come on here to chat to others that understand. My husband just doesn't get it, you'd think he would seeing as it's his possible child etc but he doesn't. I guess when it's not your body, you just don't understand.

Fingers crossed for you barbiegirl xx

I've had 5 months in a row of 25 day cycles, last month was 26, at the moment I'm on day 27 and I don't know what to think... First time in a very long time to be 'late' if that's what I am... I do have slight cramps & I'm a bit cranky... Expecting AF every morning now but praying it doesn't arrive... IVF starting May 12th... Maybe I won't need it... So so hard

Fingers crossed for you barbiegirl xx

I've had 5 months in a row of 25 day cycles, last month was 26, at the moment I'm on day 27 and I don't know what to think... First time in a very long time to be 'late' if that's what I am... I do have slight cramps & I'm a bit cranky... Expecting AF every morning now but praying it doesn't arrive... IVF starting May 12th... Maybe I won't need it... So so hard

Cautiously hopeful for you Hollywood.

Thinking of you barbie.. hope you had a successful transfer yest with your fighter xx

Thinking of you here too Barbie. x

Yesterday we transferred one prefect 8 cell, 3 day embryo. The doc said my lining looked perfect. I believe she said juicy :D
    So we're now in our 2 week wait. Intralipids booked again for Thursday, acupuncture Friday. All our fingers and toes crossed.

Congrats barbie, that sounds ideal. Feet up and plenty of TLC now xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

nemo32 wrote: »
    Congrats barbie, that sounds ideal. Feet up and plenty of TLC now xx

Best of luck barbiegirl!!!
    I think it's ironic that nemo32 has responded to you. In Finding Nemo he was the one little egg left who survived. :D

Advertisement