Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long termers TTC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭dorito92

@yellowhen while taking clomid try taking NAC (N-Acetly Cysteine) supplement with it, studies have shown it makes clomid more effective. you can get it from health food shops, i took 3 tabs of viridan NAC for the first week of the cycle and reduced it to two tablets per day after that, that cycle i was successful so i highly recommend it after 2+ years of trying and 3rd month taking clomid, first month using NAC with clomid!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

dorito92 wrote: »
    @yellowhen while taking clomid try taking NAC (N-Acetly Cysteine) supplement with it, studies have shown it makes clomid more effective. you can get it from health food shops, i took 3 tabs of viridan NAC for the first week of the cycle and reduced it to two tablets per day after that, that cycle i was successful so i highly recommend it after 2+ years of trying and 3rd month taking clomid, first month using NAC with clomid!

Thanks Dorito, Will look that up shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Last night I told my other half how I was feeling, particularly in relation to the pictures I was getting from his cousin, I asked how he felt about it and he said it goes over his head because he knows we'll have a baby, he is convinced that the IVF will hope & I'm being positive too but again, it may not work, didn't want to say that to him though... God love him he's going building a cot with his cousin today, praying I don't get any pictures, might not even open them if I do... suppose he has to help, he's going to be the GodFather...

I second Bobskii, day 1 is the day you have a proper day of bleeding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

that's a good way to look at it Hollywood he's being positive .its hard to b positive when you have so many different thoughts going through your head.
    his cousin will never understand what your going through its not his fault tho he probably can't help being excited and as someone else said it's probably his clumsy way of trying to include you.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Last night I told my other half how I was feeling, particularly in relation to the pictures I was getting from his cousin, I asked how he felt about it and he said it goes over his head because he knows we'll have a baby, he is convinced that the IVF will hope & I'm being positive too but again, it may not work, didn't want to say that to him though... God love him he's going building a cot with his cousin today, praying I don't get any pictures, might not even open them if I do... suppose he has to help, he's going to be the GodFather...

My OH was like this the last time. fcuking PollyAnna at times with his fcuking positivity and at times I felt like he just didn't get it, didnt get how I was feeling, you know?

But after we finally got pregnant, and well into that pregnancy he admitted that he did feel down and disheartened at times during our TTC, but felt it was his role to be supportive and encouraging for me, because I was the one taking the meds and having the investigations and scans - he didn't want me feeling like he thought it was in any way my fault.

• Advertisement

I'm probably going to sound horrible when I say that having a baby is a wonderful and exciting time for a couple BUT it's not that big a deal to those around you :o I can't fathom why your husbands cousin would think that everyone would want to see those pictures. It sounds a tad juvenile to me to be honest. Reminds me of that wedding where the bride think she's the only one to have ever gotten married.....:o

Neyite wrote: »
    My OH was like this the last time. ****ing PollyAnna at times with his ****ing positivity and at times I felt like he just didn't get it, didnt get how I was feeling, you know?

But after we finally got pregnant, and well into that pregnancy he admitted that he did feel down and disheartened at times during our TTC, but felt it was his role to be supportive and encouraging for me, because I was the one taking the meds and having the investigations and scans - he didn't want me feeling like he thought it was in any way my fault.

That's actually very sweet....I'm a big hormonal mess today and am swinging from almost crying into my keyboard to wanting to punch the sniffly fecker sitting behind me. I dread to think what I'll be like when I start the clomid :eek:

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

yellow hen wrote: »
    I'm probably going to sound horrible when I say that having a baby is a wonderful and exciting time for a couple BUT it's not that big a deal to those around you :o I can't fathom why your husbands cousin would think that everyone would want to see those pictures. It sounds a tad juvenile to me to be honest. Reminds me of weddings where the so many brides think they're the only ones to have ever gotten married.....:o

Yeah, its overkill tbh. I think I might have texted the double lines pic to my sister, and the first scan to close family and friends, and after about a week I put up a few pics of the baby on FB. Any more than that it's hugely boring for anyone that isn't involved.

That's actually very sweet....I'm a big hormonal mess today and am swinging from almost crying into my keyboard to wanting to punch the sniffly fecker sitting behind me. I dread to think what I'll be like when I start the clomid :eek:

Yeah, I was a bit of a cnut on it :P. I took up the Couch to 5k for the last round of Clomid. Glad I did because on days like you described, I'd go into the house after work and the OH would just hand me my runners when he saw my face :pac:. But I'd come back in 30 mins and the black cloud totally lifted.

same here . I wouldn't dream of sending pics to anybody because a . Why would they wanna see it and b . nobody knows what people are going through themselves . I only told family I was pregnant and they trickled it out and I've only put one pic on fb about a month after I had her . my cousin is having fertility issues and I'm very mindful of that fact.

• Advertisement

You're probably right Bobskii, I know he there's no badness in it... it's just difficult... what do ya do. At least you're thinking of your cousins feelings bobskii, wish this one would do the same.

I know Neyite, I feel like I can't talk to him about it because he believes it will happen so if I bring it up I'm just being silly because it will happen... it's weird. I sometimes wonder is he doing the same as your OH because I'm the problem & not him... maybe he doesn't want me feeling the stress of him being annoyed aswell. men are so hard to read, sometimes you wish they would just tell you what is going on in their heads. That is expected, I'd definitely send those type of pictures to my close friends, like when I got the scan photo I was totally fine with that, that was sweet... but as it's going on and I suppose the closer I get to IVF starting the more emotional I'm getting! Nothing like a bit of exercise to calm the mood

There is that end of it too YH, of course I can understand the excitement, obviously, how else would you be but why would anyone need to see pictures of nappies??? Well no pictures today so far, waiting on the final product though... I'm sure it'll come... I'm EXACTLY in the same boat as you today, one minute I'm smiling, the next I feel like crying and then I'm in a rage... and yes I'm starting IVF neds next week, I'll be unbearable!

It's GREAT to get this all out! Thank You ladies :-)

I was a ticking time bomb on clonmid so much so much oh said no when they wanted to put me on it for 3 more months . I thought I would be the same on the Ivf drugs but I was fine so you might surprise yourself . I actually have one month of clonmid left cos I didn't taken the last month of it such were the side effects.

Well I'll make sure I drink plenty of water and hope for the best! Ah it's all for a good cause! Going to get lots of nice smelly candles & lavender oils at the weekend so I can relax with a book or something when I feel like freaking out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Clomid made me fat and mental. Well, fatter and mentaler :pac:

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Clomid made me fat and mental. Well, fatter and mentaler :pac:

Ah yeah, that'll be me! Still no period but I am so blinkin hormonal. I'm actually just having a cup of tea and I'm off to bed. I don't care if it's not even 8pm.

Speaking of weight...has it been an issue for anyone having treatment? I'm losing at the moment but the last time I was in Galway Dr Egan was off and I saw a woman who made it quite clear that treatment wouldn't happen without me dropping weight. I'm not massive...I've lost nearly a stone and I'm a size 12 but I'm still concerned that I'll be told they don't do IVF on elephants :/

I'm a size 10/12 and it was never mentioned . I had lost 3 stone before I got married tho and I was I glad I did it !

Speaking of weight...has it been an issue for anyone having treatment? I'm losing at the moment but the last time I was in Galway Dr Egan was off and I saw a woman who made it quite clear that treatment wouldn't happen without me dropping weight. I'm not massive...I've lost nearly a stone and I'm a size 12 but I'm still concerned that I'll be told they don't do IVF on elephants :/

What? A 12 is an elephant????!!! Unless you're 3ft, that seems like a gross overstatement, no?

What? A 12 is an elephant????!!! Unless you're 3ft, that seems like a gross overstatement, no?

Ah I know it's not but I was a size 14 at the last appointment and was very much made feel like I was blocking out the sun! I was lectured on my BMI :/

Ah I know it's not but I was a size 14 at the last appointment and was very much made feel like I was blocking out the sun! I was lectured on my BMI :/

BMI is such a useless metric so don't pay too much heed to it.

(And anyway, the sun is bad for skin so they should be thanking you for blocking it :) )

• Advertisement

I know some places have an issue If your bmi is over 30 but In the hari it didn't seem to matter . There was women heavier than me there definitely . going by bmi I'm overweight at 10 stone yet when I was 9 stone I looked ill . pass no heed!

Aye, the BMI is a pile of rubbish! I'm under 30, I'll stop panicking now, thank you :D

good you've enough to be worry in about!

I'd say it was yer wan who saw me - useless she was!

Besides, I know two women who went to Dr.E and they were a 14.

The very first month I took Chlomid I broke our in hives all over my arms and they were so so itchy, they went when I stopped taking it, they didn't come back the 2nd month though... but I was a headcase on it, that been said when I went on the second course of 3 months it didn't affect me at all... must have been used to it.

Hope you enjoyed your early night YH, I went to a Boxercise class last night and it was GREAT, thoroughly enjoyed it and I felt so much better after it. Will miss it if I can't do it over the next few weeks.

OMG Lucyfur, I have yet to see a size 12 elephant, that size is normal, you are NOT an elephant, they'll definitely do treatment. When i was there they told me to have a balanced diet that was all and regular exercise. God a 12 is perfect if you ask me... Why BMI is even mentioned is ridiculous, it is not a proper metric, you've come down from a 14 so even just for yourself you are much healthier. I'm with GFC too and there were plenty of women who were a 14 the day of our talk starting their treatment. Please do stop panicking, healthy mind is more important!

I just zonked last night. Woke up to the arrival of my nemesis so back on clomid tomorrow. Didn't work for us last time so fingers crossed we do better this time.

Thanks Hollywood :)

I've a great diet (mostly) and I love exercise. And keeping food and exercise in check keeps the auld head sane!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

My BMI was 28.5 at the last visit, nurse said she would like to see if at 27 before treatments (wouldn't we all :) )

Girls, for those who have taken clomid, can you remember what dot of a scan you had mid cycle? Was it an ultrasound, transvaginal etc? I need to book for day 10 but reading back, it doesn't say what I need to book and radiology receptionist hadn't a clue?

• Advertisement

Girls, for those who have taken clomid, can you remember what dot of a scan you had mid cycle? Was it an ultrasound, transvaginal etc? I need to book for day 10 but reading back, it doesn't say what I need to book and radiology receptionist hadn't a clue?

I had the dildocam transvaginal. :D

Advertisement