Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long termers TTC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Neyite wrote: »
    I had the dildocam transvaginal. :D

Oh that made me laugh :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

YH, I never had a scan while on Chlomid, had Day 21 bloods that was all, while on Gonal F I had a transvaginal scan, but sorry I can't be any more help... I doubt it would be an ultrasound but I can't be sure sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

I never had a scan on it either so I'm no help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I have no recollection what I got last time. I thought you had to have some follicle monitoring to ensure there weren't multiple pregnancies though?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

yellow hen wrote: »
    I have no recollection what I got last time. I thought you had to have some follicle monitoring to ensure there weren't multiple pregnancies though?

In private clinics they'll monitor you. If you get clomid on the public system, it seems you dont get any scans. I never did, but when I was on clomid with private clinic they couldnt scan me enough.

• Advertisement

Now that I think about it I did have one scan when I was on clomid, privately and it was transvaginal

Neyite wrote: »
    In private clinics they'll monitor you. If you get clomid on the public system, it seems you dont get any scans. I never did, but when I was on clomid with private clinic they couldnt scan me enough.

Ah that might be it. I'm public this time so maybe there is no scan. Triplets here I come :D

YH I had one scan, it was an ultrasound to count follicles. Triplets - good luck with that LOL :)

Guys, so I have this Endo scratch tomorrow, would anyone recommend taking painkillers before going in or any other advice... pretty nervous as I know it's going to cause me pain! Smears for me are bad so this definitely will... praying there isn't too much to scratch!!

Hope everyone else is doing ok

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Cooperspale

Take solpadeine 45mins prior.
    I didn't last time & also had a Transvagal reaction, essentially where you almost faint. The discomfort you feel can be like a bad period cramp and that's when I had my reaction. They had to keep me at clinic for nearly 2hrs, I was mortified as I was no problem first time I had it.

• Advertisement

Oh God, praying that doesn't happen! O I feel a cramp coming on thinking about it ... :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

Best of luck tomorrow Hollywood. No doubt you're nervous but I'm sure it will be over before you know it. Will be thinking of you. Xxx

I think I just took panadol ,it's over very quick . will b thinking of you and good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Girls could I get some advice/talk me down please?!

I am due to start OI soon and I am so nervous, so much that I dont even want to do it. My husband cant wait and he just doesnt get where I am coming from. He is so optimistic etc and I am just frozen in fear. i do want kids, I just dont want the treatment and pregnancy! If I could have a baby here tomorrow I would do that in a heartbeat, just freaking out I guess.

Anyone else get this?

yes!I did and I did right up until I started ivf and then the fear just left me . I seen it then as a must do to give myself at least one chance . the thoughts of what is going on is worse than going through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

I know that, I am just going overboard in my head! Thanks bobskii, its good to know someone out there understands. I think I will be ok when we get started, hope so anyway.

you will just think of what has got your this far . loads of people go through it and have the same thoughts but you'll get there

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭nemo32

Guys, so I have this Endo scratch tomorrow, would anyone recommend taking painkillers before going in or any other advice... pretty nervous as I know it's going to cause me pain! Smears for me are bad so this definitely will... praying there isn't too much to scratch!!

Hope everyone else is doing ok

Good luck with the scratch today.. few pain killers before hand will help but it's over in 10 secs. You can do this xx

Good luck today Hollywood. Bet you'll sail through it!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TomeeTipee

Good luck with the scratch Hollywood. I just had one a few days ago and it was fine. I had one on my last ivf cycle as well and for some reason found that one a little less comfortable. I think it just depends. Take a few painkillers beforehand and even if it is a little sore, bear in mind it literally only takes a few seconds! And hopefully it will be worth it!

I'm starting my cycle today!! I'm on a short protocol so all going well I'll be going for egg collection in about 2 weeks. This will definitely be our last attempt with my own eggs, so fingers crossed I finally get lucky!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭nemo32

TomeeTipee wrote: »
    Good luck with the scratch Hollywood. I just had one a few days ago and it was fine. I had one on my last ivf cycle as well and for some reason found that one a little less comfortable. I think it just depends. Take a few painkillers beforehand and even if it is a little sore, bear in mind it literally only takes a few seconds! And hopefully it will be worth it!

I'm starting my cycle today!! I'm on a short protocol so all going well I'll be going for egg collection in about 2 weeks. This will definitely be our last attempt with my own eggs, so fingers crossed I finally get lucky!!

Have everything crossed for you Tomee, you deserve this so much. Keep us updated xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Good luck Tomee you'll be in my thoughts. Hollywood130 paracetamol is your only man.

Good luck today Hollywood!!! Hope it goes smoothly xxx

Exciting times Tomee! Keep us posted pet xxx

Thanks guys, so it's all over now thank god, have to say it was painful but thankfully it did only last a couple of minutes like you all said!

Best of luck Tommee, I'm on ling protocol, starting nasal spray in the morning, thinking of you.

Need more advice ladies, when I got back from the clinic I got a call from the nurse in my GP's to tell me my bloods came back and my Prolactin levels are high :-( ragin I didn't know this while I was actually in Galway & I asked them to fax them but of course they didn't until I was home & GFC was closed, could my IVF cycle be cancelled due to this??

Had my catheter trial today, was uncomfortable and took longer than they thought, but glad it is over.

CD 8 now, so our last month to "try naturally" if it doesn't work we start our IVF on the next cycle... deep breathes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Best of luck Stickybean. Fingers crossed this month could be your month

Good luck stickybean, keeping everything crossed for you xx

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TomeeTipee

Best of luck stickybean with your upcoming cycle!!

Hollywood, so sorry to hear about the delay with your cycle. Hopefully you will be able to get going again soon. Of course it is so important that everything with our bodies is right before going through a cycle, but at the same time it is frustrating when things get delayed!! Fingers crossed it is all worth it in the end.

As for me, I'm a week into stimming at the minute. Looks like egg collection will be in 5 or 6 days. As per usual, I don't have many follicles, but that is to be expected from past experience, so I'm hoping for one great quality egg rather than focusing on the number of eggs.

• Advertisement

Thanks Tommee,
    Well the good news is I've an appointment for the MRI next Friday, I'm on CD2 leaving the 30th of June as my CD21, if the MRI comes back ok I'll be able to get going then but if it isn't then I won't get to start until the levels are down. Fingers crossed the MRI is ok. I was reading last night that you shouldn't have the Prolactin bloods done just after waking up, I think I was only up 40 minutes when I got it done & I was anxious because my appointment was delayed and I was late for work, so I'm thinking these impacted negatively on the results so next week all should be fine :-) fingers crossed!

All my meds are in the fridge waiting to be used!!! Hope they'll last!

Are you on short protocol Tommee?? Fingers crossed & good luck x

Advertisement