Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long termers TTC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

CD 51 and nothing but a stack of BFN tests in site.

Called the clinic, they said as we have been having unprotected sex (which is what they told us to do), they can't help for another 2 weeks. Been prescribed Provera to take AFTER 2 weeks IF there is still no bled and no nookie for two weeks... unless we use condoms.

Given that we don't own any... I am thinking there is going to be a two week dry spell :)

Oh and I was asked to "try and relax" and "to enjoy this time together" apparently when we eventually get started we will fondly look back at these days :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

stickybean wrote: »

Oh and I was asked to "try and relax" and "to enjoy this time together" apparently when we eventually get started we will fondly look back at these days :eek:

:confused::confused: Really????? Who would look back fondly at these days?
    People say the weirdest things. When someone says relax that makes me definitely not relax.

I really feel for you - nothing worse than being in limbo like that. And after all those months praying your period wouldn't come and now praying it does!
    Don't worry though - it will happen............eventually!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

CD2 and Shark week here...what's new, eh?

Sticky, please tell me it wasn't someone in you clinic team that trotted out that BS to you...

Yes! The nurse!!! She said once things start to happen we will have little time to spend together and think back to these days... so make the most of them.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Yes! The nurse!!! She said once things start to happen we will have little time to spend together and think back to these days... so make the most of them.

:eek:

Aw honey, remember? Remember this time last year in the clinic where you and me and the consultant and the nurse and the embryologist and the lab tech were all there while I was in the stirrups with a spotlight on my vulva and a catheter up my fanny? And I was going all cutely hormental from the drugs? Remember that volcano on my chin? And how I wanted to murder you because your breathing made a whistling sound?? That was just so...intimate and special darling. Better than our honeymoon, even!

:D

• Advertisement

Neyite wrote: »

Aw honey, remember? Remember this time last year in the clinic where you and me and the consultant and the nurse and the embryologist and the lab tech were all there while I was in the stirrups with a spotlight on my vulva and a catheter up my fanny? And I was going all cutely hormental from the drugs? Remember that volcano on my chin? And how I wanted to murder you because your breathing made a whistling sound?? That was just so...intimate and special darling. Better than our honeymoon, even!

:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Brilliant!

Neyite wrote: »

Hahahahaha, I love it!!! PMSL here

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

People are crazy what they say!! Very funny Neyite!!

I've been AWOL the past few days but I'm back!! Had my Down Reg scan on Friday so all went ok and I've started stimming, another scan now on Friday, it's great 2 short weeks at work!

So... after 53 days, my period finally arrived. I've never been as happy to have it. Called the clinic, having my baseline scan tomorrow... so nervous.

So... after 53 days, my period finally arrived. I've never been as happy to have it. Called the clinic, having my baseline scan tomorrow... so nervous.

YAY! :D
    Finally you can get started Sticky. Delighted for you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Glad to hear you can move forward.

Thanks girls, I'm actually terrified... really need to calm it down now

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Tinkerbell 03

Great you get to begin stickybean...

Best of luck with the scan Sticky, hope it goes well for you. Glad you finally get to start. x

Had my baseline scan this morning... thankfully all looks good, ovaries were quiet and womb lining is thin (I hear these are both good signs).

Starting first injections tonight. I am bricking it!

Have any of ye iced the area before hand?

Stickybean I only had 2 injections in my foray into AHR, so not much help. The first one, the nurse showed us how to inject, so she did that one, the next one I couldn't do it myself so the OH did it for me. Would that be an option for you?

The very best of luck to you :)

Thanks Neyite. OH is going to try it tonight, I literally throw up at the sight of a needle. Poor nurse was going through it this morning and I started to heave...

I thought I seen someone mention using an ice pack (although possible I made it up in my head with fear from pain :D )

Thanks Neyite. OH is going to try it tonight, I literally throw up at the sight of a needle. Poor nurse was going through it this morning and I started to heave...

I thought I seen someone mention using an ice pack (although possible I made it up in my head with fear from pain :D )

Oh you poor thing. It's awful to have a fear like that. At least if your OH can do it for you you can just close your eyes. :o
    Just think what you are doing it for. It's getting you one step closer to your bundle of joy!

I was very squeamish about starting injections (though I don't have the same fear of them as you do) but once I did it a few times I found them fine. It is amazing how quickly it will become part of your routine. I did mine myself as my poor husband is terrified of needles. It was actually worse watching him trying to do it than to just do it myself!

ERPC procedure was this morning. Home now, feeling a bit numb.

Was in quite a bit of pain post surgery but they gave me some fentanyl which has taken the edge off it.

I had to sign forms to state what I wanted to happen to the remains, which shook me a lot. I don't know why, but I wasn't expecting to have to do that today.

Long day, hopefully tomorrow will be a better one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

It was me that used the ice stickybean. I numbed the area and himself injected me . They are really fine needles so I never felt it . But I wouldn't have a fear of them at all . I just made sur I didn't look . I lay on our bed for a while afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Yellow diamond

Brokensoul I was reading your post just now, hope you are feeling ok, you had a very tough day. Hope you have a bit of rest tonight.

Sticky bean, I am starting injecting burselin on Thursday and I am dreading it too. I collected my drugs from the chemist today and was quite shocked by the amount of stuff in the bag! I don't know how I am going to remember to take it all! I have puregon in the fridge at the moment but they never mentioned anything about this injection, maybe it's further down the line.....what kind of side effects can I expect ladies?? This is my first time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

Best of luck ladies, myself and my wife have been through all this and unfortunately last week the day before we where due to test for pregnancy, my wife discovered it wasn't to be, to say we where devastated was a under statement, I hope it works for you all, unfortunately its back to square one for us again. Best of Luck.

brokensoul wrote:

Oh hope you're OK brokensoul. Look after yourself for the next few days. It is very tough. Physically I healed very quick after the ERCP. Emotionally not so much. Had good and bad days but the bad days get less and less. Be patient with yourself and talk when you need to. Take care hun. Xxx

Brokensoul I was reading your post just now, hope you are feeling ok, you had a very tough day. Hope you have a bit of rest tonight.

Sticky bean, I am starting injecting burselin on Thursday and I am dreading it too. I collected my drugs from the chemist today and was quite shocked by the amount of stuff in the bag! I don't know how I am going to remember to take it all! I have puregon in the fridge at the moment but they never mentioned anything about this injection, maybe it's further down the line.....what kind of side effects can I expect ladies?? This is my first time!!

Thanks girl.

I didn't find any side effects from Burselin. I was the same when I got my bag of meds, couldn't imagine getting through them all. Just take it one day at a time and you will get through it.

The puregon come later. It is an easy injection to give and again I had no side effects from it. Don't worry about it for now though!

Hi Yellow Diamond,

I started last night, and as you read I am TERRIFIED of needles so the OH agreed to do it. But last night I think I just got a real "I can do this attitude", so we both went upstairs, I laid everything out (Including a small ice pack I bought in Pennys for a euro, I had it in the freezer since the day before). Cleaned the area with rubbing alcohol (they gave us little pads with in on it), loaded the pen hit the little button to prime the pen, a tiny drop came out.

Then I held the ice back on for about 15 seconds and decided to do it myself, stuck it in and honest to God, I felt nothing, it was in for a few seconds before I remembered I had to push the button. I found the angle I was at hard to push so my OH pressed it. Left it in for 10 seconds then slowly took it out. Afterwards I rubbed with the little pad which gave a tiny tiny sting and that was it. I couldn't believe how easy it was....

Now from about 9.30 I had a headache and from 11 felt a bit nauseous, but I think that might be the stress of the build up.

Checked my stomach, not a mark in site.

brokensoul wrote: »

Was in quite a bit of pain post surgery but they gave me some fentanyl which has taken the edge off it.

I had to sign forms to state what I wanted to happen to the remains, which shook me a lot. I don't know why, but I wasn't expecting to have to do that today.

Long day, hopefully tomorrow will be a better one.

Oh BrokenSoul, I hope you are okay pet xxx

Take is easy and do something nice for yourself today. I wish I could say something that would help, but I do promise it gets a little easier XXX

martin_g wrote: »
    Best of luck ladies, myself and my wife have been through all this and unfortunately last week the day before we where due to test for pregnancy, my wife discovered it wasn't to be, to say we where devastated was a under statement, I hope it works for you all, unfortunately its back to square one for us again. Best of Luck.

Sorry to hear this Martin G. Hope you and your wife are doing okay! Take care of each other xxx

Sorry Yellow Diamond, I meant to say I am on puregon for 7 days and I have another shot to start on day 5 (can't recall the name, but I will check this evening).

The bag of meds look huge but there is a lot of packaging, so not as bad when you open them up and go through them :)

• Advertisement

Sticky I know you have probably done the injection now but yes I ice it every time! Are you down-regging at the moment or stimming? My meds are different but probably do the same thing. I'm on Gonal F for stimming.

Brokensoul, I am so sorry, god love you, not a nice road to be on, be kind to yourself and have some you time, you need it xx

YellowDiamond, I down-regged with Synarel, a nasal spray, so maybe the side-effects may differ from your one but I'm getting daily headaches and hot flushes, finding sleeping very difficult as I'm constantly waking too hot!

The bag of meds you get is HUGE! Least they tell you what to take and when to take it! Glad I don't have to figure that bit out myself!

Have my scan on Friday to see if I have any follies, praying for some big ones in there! They will most likely scan me again on Sunday or Monday (either of these would be great, one less day I need to take off work), all going to plan could be going for egg collection Thursday or Friday week!

Advertisement