Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long termers TTC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Hi Hollywood we are stimming at the moment using puregon.

I got a little ice pack in penneys, looks like the little hand warmers they have at Christmas. very handy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

brokensoul wrote: »
    ERPC procedure was this morning. Home now, feeling a bit numb.

Was in quite a bit of pain post surgery but they gave me some fentanyl which has taken the edge off it.

I had to sign forms to state what I wanted to happen to the remains, which shook me a lot. I don't know why, but I wasn't expecting to have to do that today.

Long day, hopefully tomorrow will be a better one.

It's a tough tough day all right. It's also a curve ball having to answer that particular question too yet if they don't ask on the day then it's too late I think.
    I found it was good to get the procedure out of the way though. I could draw a line under it and start to digest what had happened and being to move on.
    This week I feel more like my old self and like I'm getting some of my mo jo back.
    Sending hugs and positive thoughts your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

This week I feel more like my old self and like I'm getting some of my mo jo back.
    Sending hugs and positive thoughts your way.

That's great to hear Penny. Glad you're getting there! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Yellow diamond

First shot of buserline done tonight, it was grand, didn't feel a thing, once needle pierced skin, just a little pinch. The thought of it was the worst part! I did get an immediate reaction at the site (looks like a nettle sting) however from what I read online it's fairly common site reaction! Good thoughts going out to the ladies who are going through tough times here. It's nice to talk to others who are going through this journey and really understand all the emotions involved.

stickybean wrote: »
    Hi Hollywood we are stimming at the moment using puregon.

I got a little ice pack in penneys, looks like the little hand warmers they have at Christmas. very handy :)

Stickybean, can I please ask what stimming means? I tried to google it but could only find posts referencing it.......trying to get my head around the terminology as a first timer! Thanks!

• Advertisement

First shot of buserline done tonight, it was grand, didn't feel a thing, once needle pierced skin, just a little pinch. The thought of it was the worst part! I did get an immediate reaction at the site (looks like a nettle sting) however from what I read online it's fairly common site reaction! Good thoughts going out to the ladies who are going through tough times here. It's nice to talk to others who are going through this journey and really understand all the emotions involved.

well done Yellow! First one is the hardest! I've 3 under my belt now and each time has been easier. I got a small reaction on the second day, it was a little red and stingy, but the was okay after a bit... Best of luck x

Stickybean, can I please ask what stimming means? I tried to google it but could only find posts referencing it.......trying to get my head around the terminology as a first timer! Thanks!

no worries - I'm a first timer too, stimming is the process of stimulating the ovaries :)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TomeeTipee

Stickybean, Hollywood & Yellow Diamond - great to see that you are all underway! The very best of luck to each of you.

Stickybean, all that waiting for your period must have been torture! I've been there myself and its sooo frustrating. At least you are up and running now and its funny how quick you get used to the injections.

Hollywood, hope your scan went well and that you've got lots of nice follicles coming along.

Brokensoul, so sorry to hear your news. I hope you are doing ok. Like Penny, I found that getting the erpc done meant that I could start to move on, at least physically, and eventually emotionally too.

Penny, also really sorry to hear of your miscarriage. Hope you are doing ok. I didn't realise that you were pregnant again. Hopefully you will be again soon.

Hi girlies, has a bit of a needle melt down this morning. I had been doing fine (4 days of puregon into the stomach), but started orgalutran this morning.

Not sure was it because it was into a different area (top of my thigh), or was it the site of the needle (puregon is in a pen form, this is a preloaded injection), but I just lost it. Tears, snots, panic attack, I even threw up, it was awful. I really thought I had over come my fear, but clearly not.

My poor OH didn't know what do say. In the end I got him to do it for me. Took us over 20 minutes, thankfully we started early. I am already dreading tomorrow morning :(

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TomeeTipee

Oh sticky, you poor thing. I don't know if this is of any help, but the first clinic i was with told me to take orgalutran at the top of my leg also, but the second clinic told me to take it in my stomach. I commented that i had taken it before in my leg, but the nurse said they recommend the stomach but it doesn't seem to matter. If you think you might find it easier to take it in the stomach, like puregon, you could always check with the clinic if they are ok with this.

Once you start orgalutran, that's a good sign and if your follicles are growing well egg collection could come pretty soon. So you might only have a few more days left to get through. Hopefully you will find it a bit better this morning. Have you had a scan yet? If not, you must be due one very soon, so hopefully your follicles are doing well and you won't have much longer to go. Best of luck with it this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭saraj14

Hi sticky, that sounds absolutely dreadful! But you did it, another day down, and counting. You're doing amazing! I don't have a fear of needles, but I'm finding it tough. So bravo for getting this far. It doesn't matter how many mini meltdowns we have as long as we get the stuff into us!
    I started orgalutran as well this morning. I also thought it was worse than puregon. I have my scan on Monday. So fingers and toes crossed it goes well. Good luck with yours as well

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Stickybean - sorry to hear that, I can relate though. I found having to do a second injection really daunting. Not sure why, as it didn't make me feel bad or anything, but it is another step up in terms of requirements. Look at how far you have come though, and remember that this is finite. x

For those who have had an erpc, quick question for ye. Have been bleeding on and off since the erpc on Tuesday last, but yesterday and today I have have quite severe cramps. Very like period cramps, but painful enough. The clinic said that bleeding and cramping was normal and I am not bleeding excessively. I went to the gym on Friday and Saturday though and was just wondering if any of you noticed cramps worsening after exercise? Didn't do anything too strenuous, just 30 mins jogging.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

brokensoul wrote:
    For those who have had an erpc, quick question for ye. Have been bleeding on and off since the erpc on Tuesday last, but yesterday and today I have have quite severe cramps. Very like period cramps, but painful enough. The clinic said that bleeding and cramping was normal and I am not bleeding excessively. I went to the gym on Friday and Saturday though and was just wondering if any of you noticed cramps worsening after exercise? Didn't do anything too strenuous, just 30 mins jogging.

Hi brokensoul. With me I had been bleeding and cramping heavily on and off for two weeks before I had ercp. Once I had it though bleeding stopped altogether. I'd imagine it's the exercise that's causing it. While it's a minor procedure it's still hard on the body all the same. I'd say take it easy for a few days and keep an eye on it. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. Hope you're ok hun. Xxx

Thanks girls, ye are so good! This mornings was a lot better. I think the issue is the the orgalutran looks like a needle and that set me off. This morning I got the OH to cover it with a towel until we were ready to go and I lay down so ween nothing. Was still a little stingy for about 20 minutes, but I went back to bed for a bit.

I have my scan at 11 tomorrow. Excited and nervous! Keep you posted x

Hope you're doing okay BrokenSoul, I often think of you pet x

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I can't imagine how hard it must be to have a fear of needles :( My mum has been a type 1 diabetic all my life so I've grown up with her injecting as part of normal life. My brother and I used to use her syringes as water pistols!

Ah Lucyfur, I am desperate. It's actually embarrassing. I am hysterical getting blood tests, I've walked out of the clinic once it was so bad. I'm very lucky the staff are so nice and very understanding. And that my OH is so patient.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Tis far from embarrassing chick :) True phobias are horrid :( Good on you for managing it tho!

I had an appointment with the nurse a few weeks back. I was waiting about an hour past the appointment time (no biggie, knew there was a valid reason as the nurse appointments are never more than 10 mins late). Nurse called me in and apologised for the wait. She said she had to take blood from a patient with a fear of needles. I was delighted she took the time with the patient! I'd like the same treatment if I had that type of fear!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 tamcp

Hi, I'm 38, we have a three year old girl and have been trying to conceive for a while now. For the entire month of July I've felt off. I've been sweaty, tired, bloated, have gained weight and have had dreadful headaches. My period was due yesterday but nothing came. This morning I've had some light pink blood on tissue when i wipe. I advert cramps and feel like I'm getting period. The thing is as I was having all these symptoms I did an Asda pregnancy test, a tesco one, first response and clearblue digital . All the ordinary tests comeback with very feint line (sometimes after the time allocated). The clearblue just said 'not pregnant'. I'm really regular, 28 day cycle and really should have had my priod yesterday. I dare not hope hope, but I really feel pregnant. Can anyone help!!!!!

Hi, I'm 38, we have a three year old girl and have been trying to conceive for a while now. For the entire month of July I've felt off. I've been sweaty, tired, bloated, have gained weight and have had dreadful headaches. My period was due yesterday but nothing came. This morning I've had some light pink blood on tissue when i wipe. I have cramps and feel like I'm getting period. The thing is as I was having all these symptoms I did an Asda pregnancy test, a tesco one, first response and clearblue digital . All the ordinary tests comeback with very feint line (sometimes after the time allocated). The clearblue just said 'not pregnant'. I'm really regular, 28 day cycle and really should have had my period yesterday. I dare not hope, but I really feel pregnant. Can anyone help!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Tamp, a lot of those tests have what is commonly known as an evaporation line, where the test will show a faint line when it dries out or evaporates. I don't want to get your hopes up.

If you tested with first morning urine with one of those decent chemist tests on the day you are due your period then I'd tend to go with the result that shows in the allocated time as per the instructions.

Other than that, maybe test again in a few days?

Thanks for that. I have slightly heavier flow now, but still only using pantyliner. However, I do think it's the beginning of my proper period and not implantation bleeding as I'd hoped. Ah well, back to the drawing board.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Hope you're doing okay BrokenSoul, I often think of you pet x

Thank you.

Good days and bad days. I got some neurofen plus from the chemist today and that has taken the cramp pain at least.

Feel fine sometimes and then very tearful others, but I guess that is normal. Starting some counselling on Friday. Looking forward to that as I am a great believer in talk therapy (I am a therapist though so I suppose I would want to be!)

Thanks tomee tipee!

Brokensoul, I hope you are doing ok the last week or so. I know you have had a very tough time, be kind to yourself!

Sticky bean, you poor thing, it is very daunting and unpleasant, especially when it's not something we are used to doing! I am the same as you, hate needles so much. Do you find the numbing helps? I try holding my breath as it goes in, it might help a little. Hopefully you will be right on track now and It all went well for you today. Fingers crossed for you!

I started taking buserline, four days ago on day 16 of my cycle. This morning I woke up (day 20) with a heavy period. I have a 28 day cycle (surprisingly with endometriosis!) it was strange because I have zero pain and cramps which never happens!! Not sure what to make of it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

tamcp wrote: »
    Hi, I'm 38, we have a three year old girl and have been trying to conceive for a while now. For the entire month of July I've felt off. I've been sweaty, tired, bloated, have gained weight and have had dreadful headaches. My period was due yesterday but nothing came. This morning I've had some light pink blood on tissue when i wipe. I have cramps and feel like I'm getting period. The thing is as I was having all these symptoms I did an Asda pregnancy test, a tesco one, first response and clearblue digital . All the ordinary tests comeback with very feint line (sometimes after the time allocated). The clearblue just said 'not pregnant'. I'm really regular, 28 day cycle and really should have had my period yesterday. I dare not hope, but I really feel pregnant. Can anyone help!!!!!

I seem to remember reading that the digital ones (i.e. the ones that say Pregnant/Not Pregnant) are less sensitive than the cheap ones. The ones you get in Dealz or online are as good if not better than any other!

I'd leave it a couple of days and then do a First Response test, the line comes up clearer in those than any others, and less chance of an evaporation line with a red-dye than a blue-dye test.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Yellow Diamond, I too have Endometriosis and I can usually time my period to 27 days. I was on Synarel, a nasal spray from Day 21 of my cycle, AF showed up 3 days later, again, had no signs it was coming, no pains or anything, so maybe it's the same for you with the meds you are on. AF also lasted longer than it ever does, think I had it for 5 days but only 3 days proper bleed all the rest was spotting. Think it's just the system clearing itself out and giving you a nice thin lining.

Sticky bean, you poor thing, it is very daunting and unpleasant, especially when it's not something we are used to doing! I am the same as you, hate needles so much. Do you find the numbing helps? I try holding my breath as it goes in, it might help a little. Hopefully you will be right on track now and It all went well for you today. Fingers crossed for you!

Yellow diamond, I definitely find numbing it helps, not sure if it's again physiological, but I do ut for 20-30 seconds for my leg and 10-20 second on my tummy. When I am getting the blood tests I have started doing my 7 times tables in my head. Read the distraction helps, tried it today and so far do good :)

Yellow Diamond, I too have Endometriosis and I can usually time my period to 27 days. I was on Synarel, a nasal spray from Day 21 of my cycle, AF showed up 3 days later, again, had no signs it was coming, no pains or anything, so maybe it's the same for you with the meds you are on. AF also lasted longer than it ever does, think I had it for 5 days but only 3 days proper bleed all the rest was spotting. Think it's just the system clearing itself out and giving you a nice thin lining.
    Thanks Hollywood, I really don't know what to expect! I had to go to doc over the weekend to get an antibiotic for this sinus infection I can't clear, so rang the fertility clinic yesterday to just let them know I was on an antibiotic! I think the nurse I spoke to wasn't too happy to be working on a bank holiday because I asked her about getting a period so early, all she said was don't worry about it and pretty much hung up the phone. I feel a tad embarrassed asking so many questions! Everyone here on the forum is great in fairness, I am learning more here tbh, than the clinic! Can I just ask you, Hollywood how things went for you, having endometriosis? (If you don't mind me asking) I have only one ovary and my tube is blocked.....I also have low amh and a nice sized Endo cyst on the ovary! Trying to keep positive 😊

Yellow diamond, I definitely find numbing it helps, not sure if it's again physiological, but I do ut for 20-30 seconds for my leg and 10-20 second on my tummy. When I am getting the blood tests I have started doing my 7 times tables in my head. Read the distraction helps, tried it today and so far do good :)
    Great to hear sticky bean! You should be proud of yourself! I hope it continues to go well!!!

• Advertisement

Thanks Yellow Diamond.

I had my second scan this morning. Looks like my follicles are all growing at a steady pace. Back tomorrow for another scan and if there is more growth I've egg retrieval on Friday :):):)

Advertisement