Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long termers TTC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭geez

Amazing fits! Congrats! Really gives hope to the rest of us great news

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

Wow congrats Fits. Amazing news!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fingersandtoes

Congrats Fits. That definetly gives the rest of us hope. I'm delighted for you and I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

Brilliant news Fits. Human body is a bit nuts! My younger sister was very ill as a late teenager, told never have kids. Has 4 now, none planned! My eldest brother had 3 unsuccessful IVF goes. Quit IVF & accepted faith. Unbelievably since has had 2 kids completely naturally & unexpected. Had to go for snip in the end :-)

Two week wait ends on Thursday, I know it will be a positive. It is the next 2 weeks that have been the problem for us in our 2 previous FET.

The positive won't get me too excited, but is definitely better than a negative

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭saraj14

Congratulation fits. That's fantastic news! Wishing you all the best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Thanks Fingersandtoes, telling myself that I am going to be pregnant in a few weeks!! Positivity it is.

Fits OH MY GOD, I can't believe that, that is absolutely amazing news. HUGE congratulations to you xx delighted for you

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Congrats fits!! Delighted for you.

31+2 with twins myself so feel free to fire questions at me. I am mainly clueless to be honest, but if I can help I will!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

fits wrote: »
    Hi there. An update from me. Dunno if you remember but I was due to start cycle with sims in mid May. Was diagnosed as being on verge of ovarian failure in March with terrible blood results. Anyway, few days before we were due to start I had a positive pregnancy test and am expecting twins. All a bit miraculous. Am 12w4d now and all ok so far.

yippee! i had a feeling this was gonna happen to you!
    as in my own experience low amh and high fsh is only an indication of quantity not quality. i'm glad you didn't have to hand over a load of cash to a fertility clinic for something your body was well capable of doing on its own. wishing you a healthy and happy 9 months

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,926 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Aw fits that's deadly!! Congratulations!!!

My IVF cycle was cancelled yesterday. I am heart broken. I had a scan last Fri and my folicils were growing but not as much as hoped. I was due up on Monday and that was postponed until Tuesday to give me an extra day on the injections. In my stupidity I never thought they wouldn't grow. They are supposed to be size 17-18 and mine were only 6. I cryed on the bed as I was scanned. I then met my consultant who explained there was no point in continuing. It wasn't what I expected at all.
    This TTC journey is a tough one.

• Advertisement

My IVF cycle was cancelled yesterday. I am heart broken. I had a scan last Fri and my folicils were growing but not as much as hoped. I was due up on Monday and that was postponed until Tuesday to give me an extra day on the injections. In my stupidity I never thought they wouldn't grow. They are supposed to be size 17-18 and mine were only 6. I cryed on the bed as I was scanned. I then met my consultant who explained there was no point in continuing. It wasn't what I expected at all. This TTC journey is a tough one.

Sorry to hear that fingers & toes take care of yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,636 ✭✭✭✭fits

Lucuma wrote: »
    yippee! i had a feeling this was gonna happen to you!
    as in my own experience low amh and high fsh is only an indication of quantity not quality. i'm glad you didn't have to hand over a load of cash to a fertility clinic for something your body was well capable of doing on its own. wishing you a healthy and happy 9 months

True but I don't think it would have happened without Sims either. They detected that I had a large polyp. I had it removed and away I went. Could have been struggling a while without that and I was already having very strong menopausal symptoms. so credit where its due. The DHEA probably helped too.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

My IVF cycle was cancelled yesterday. I am heart broken. I had a scan last Fri and my folicils were growing but not as much as hoped. I was due up on Monday and that was postponed until Tuesday to give me an extra day on the injections. In my stupidity I never thought they wouldn't grow. They are supposed to be size 17-18 and mine were only 6. I cryed on the bed as I was scanned. I then met my consultant who explained there was no point in continuing. It wasn't what I expected at all.
    This TTC journey is a tough one.

I am sorry to hear this. It is a bloody tough journey.

*hugs*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

Fingersandtoes sorry to hear that.

We did our Two Week Test today following our FET. As I fully expected it was positive, however we've cleared this hurdle twice before only to have Auntie Flow arrived a week or two later. The indicator on the stick shows number of weeks, 1-2/3-4/5-6 Technically ours should read 3-4, it read 1-2. Have that sinking feeling it is our third false positive.

LCD wrote: »

We did our Two Week Test today following our FET. As I fully expected it was positive, however we've cleared this hurdle twice before only to have Auntie Flow arrived a week or two later. The indicator on the stick shows number of weeks, 1-2/3-4/5-6 Technically ours should read 3-4, it read 1-2. Have that sinking feeling it is our third false positive.

Good luck LCD.
    I totally understand the not wanting to get your hopes up. But I'm sending positive vibes your way!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 red one

fits wrote: »
    The DHEA probably helped too.

Fits, your news is great and is very encouraging for the rest of us! Did Sims prescribe DHEA? Were you taking anything else that you think might have helped?
    It's hard to find out what might help with low amh.

I was taking DHEA, coq10, vitamin d, folic acid and a general fertility vitamin.mostly gave up alcohol and on a good diet since Christmas. I would also recommend getting everything else checked to see if there are other issues at play. Eg polyps, male Factor, endo etc.

Btw best of luck LCD! And sorry to hear your cycle was cancelled fingers and toes.

Fits did you need a prescription for dhea or can it be bought in shops

T was prescribed. Testosterone levels and liver function were monitored monthly and my testosterone came right up from low levels within six weeks. Would hesitate to take without medical supervision as it is very powerful evidently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

LCD you're entitled to be cynical but I really hope this is it for you

LCD hoping all stays ok for you both. We are all staying positive for you.

I'm on folic acid, vitamin D, vitamin B complex, DHEA 25MG ( twice daily) and CO Q10 600MG (once daily). I was prescribed all of these from Sims. I get my testosterone checked monthly.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭nemo32

LCD wrote: »
    Fingersandtoes sorry to hear that.

Congrats on your bfp LCD, I hope your wrong and you have a sticky embie there. Btw if you are only 2 weeks from transfer then the CB test should only say 1-2, it's from conception not the start of the cycle. Best of luck

Neyite wrote: »

Anyway, its a totally baseless theory but you hear of so many who get pregnant just as they started a new job, or when they've booked their non-refundable holiday. The universe having a laugh at us lot trying to plan a baby. I'd love it if you proved my theory right! :p

Well Neyite ...... I think I have proven your theory.
    In shock - got my BFP this morning! What the hell!!!!! I'm so happy / nervous / excited / scared.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

dreamstar wrote: »
    In shock - got my BFP this morning! What the hell!!!!! I'm so happy / nervous / excited / scared.

Amazing!!!!! What great news to read on a Monday morning! I can only imagine how delighted you are, you needed something great to happen after all you have been through. Massive congratulations!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

So delighted for you dreamstar!!! Huge congratulations xxx

greenttc wrote: »
    Amazing!!!!! What great news to read on a Monday morning! I can only imagine how delighted you are, you needed something great to happen after all you have been through. Massive congratulations!!

I honestly can't believe it! I'm reluctant to get too excited. The next few weeks will be loooong. :D

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Hahaha that's brilliant!! :D:D I am so fcuking delighted for you!! If anyone deserves this, you do given the tough year you've had with chemo. You've faced it with such pragmatism and positivity that this is only your due.

You are still going on the holiday though, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

I honestly can't believe it! I'm reluctant to get too excited. The next few weeks will be loooong. :D

Yes long, but enjoy every single second sweetie! You have done it, after everything you have been through you are PREGNANT!!!! I literally have tears of happiness in my eyes here. I couldn't be happier for you doll xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Ammmmaaaaaazzzzzing news!! Huge congrats lovey!!

Advertisement