Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long termers TTC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭geez

So so sorry to hear that LCD. This road is just heartbreaking x

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Farmerstatia

Hi everyone..
    hope everyone is doing good..
    i starting my gonal f pen two weeks ago and on tuesday i injected with ovitrelle but im just wondering is some of the side effects im having normal or should i be worried.
    im exhausted literally i feel like im gonna fall asleep standing up.
    every bone in my body is aching like a bad dose of the flu and im getting bad cramps in my lower abdomin and lower back..
    getting worried .... any advice

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Farm, I'm on OI meds too and have been exhausted the last few months - no other symptoms though, but please give the clinic a call in the morning just to chat about your symptoms - the clinic nurse will be able to tell you if its a normal side effect or if you should be concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Farm, I think it's the weather... I'm only getting started and the last 2 weeks I could actually cry getting out of bed in the mornings. Like all I think of is bed. That being said it prob is best to call the clinic to see what they have to say.

Well I had a bad night with my wisdom tooth, woke me a couple of times during the night. Went to the dentist and I have an infection. She has put me on 4 days of antibiotics. Phoned the clinic and thankfully I'm ok to continue with treatment. Tomorrow I start Purgeon and Menopur injections

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dkgirl

Hi all, this my first post.
    Would like to know if anyone has had similar pregnancy signs which turned out to be a positive test result.
    My period is 7- 10 days late. Ive felt nausea, extreme tiredness, sore boobs, nipples pointing out, aerolas enlarged,mouth salivating after eating, strange dreams, sleepless nights, frequent urination...17 times in one day.
    My period seemed to arrived on day 7 of missed period but stopped a few hours later and now only spotting very lightly.
    Been to doctor. Test negative but he didnt rule it out. However he says I could have bladder infection and to send urine sample off to hospital. He did dipstick my urine. I would have thought any infection would have shown up.
    Anyone have any of these pregnancy signs which were infact positive or whose test showed negative, later to be positive??
    I feel like a mad woman:(
    Cheers

• Advertisement

DKgirl, pregnancy symptoms often mimic pmt.

Your doctor can take a blood test which would determine whether or not you are pregnant. Alternatively a First Response home pregnancy test using the first urine of the morning is the most accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fingersandtoes

LCD I've been thinking of you. I hope you are both as ok as you can be. Life is just cruel sometimes and so unfair to good people.

Dreamstar I've just reread your whole story and now I'm crying happy tears. Best of luck xxx

Gra4 Welcome. I'm new on this forum also and it's nice just sharing my experience with others who are in the same situation

Lashes I'll check my persciption and see how many days I was on the injections.

Farmerstatia I'm was Gonal F and found it messed with my hormones and I was very tired a lot. I'm not on any injections now but I do find the weather is getting me down. Honestly it just rained all day and I didn't leave the house. It's made me feel completely down.

Those of you that are pregnant. There are actually a good few of you which gives me hope. I hope you are all keeping well and looking after yourselves xx

The pharmisict was very nice in Boots when I returned lots of unused injections. I'm waiting on my period and then my FSH will be tested. I'm also trying to save as I hope I get to have an IVF cycle that actually goes ahead and works!!!

Lashes, here's a list of my injections.
    I was on Gonal F 600 for two days then 450 for eleven days.
    I was also on Luveris 150iu for ten days.
    In the morning I injected myself with 125mg of Cetrdoide for 12 days.
    It sounds like lots and still my folicils didn't grow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

Dreamstar I've just reread your whole story and now I'm crying happy tears. Best of luck xxx

Aw thanks so much! Keep the faith guys - it will happen when it's meant to. Xxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Way to go that good ovary dreamstar! Wishing you a very healthy pregnancy, hope you avoid the nausea!

• Advertisement

Dkgirl, it's so hard to tell which symptoms are which, as Neyite said a blood test is often the best way to go to be sure.

Best of luck with everything Fingersandtoes.

I'm on Day 4 of injections. Finding the Menopur quite finicky (if thats even a word!!), just to get it right, I was in a sweat last night doing it. Really need to use ice cubes to freeze the area first, found that injection quite sore last night. The puregon is real easy to use, quite like Gonal F, no issues at all there thankfully. Introducing another injection today so I have 3 to do tonight.

Had the worst weekend, above all things that could happen while starting a fresh round of IVF, I had to get sick, got an infection in my wisdom tooth and spent the weekend on the couch with painkillers and antibiotics, still not 100% today. Between the infection, 2 injections a day and getting my period, honestly, the weekend could not have gotten any worse. Desperately trying to build myself back up now, not feeling very healthy.

Hope all you lovely ladies are doing well x

There's an article on independent.ie about a study linking IVF and accupuncture. It may interest someone. I can't attach the link but it's in the Health and Wellbeing section of the newspapers website.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 looking for planning

Hi All, trying to get my head around all of the different fertility treatments..

Diagnosed with primary ovarian insufficiency (essentially premature menopause) 2 months ago. Hadn't actually started trying to conceive yet, and suddenly we're out of time..

Had a consultation with Sims yesterday and left with a prescription for DHEA, vitamins and the pill. Supposed to start them and then book in for SIS and semen analysis before starting Gonal F or something similar for IVF. My understanding was that we try IVF if there are enough eggs, but we're unlikely to get enough, in which case we do IUI if there's at least one there.

I'm kind of concerned though, as this is all starting without them actually getting anything from my GP - apparently they didn't get the fax my GP sent so this is all just going by what I've told them are my numbers for FSH and AMH.
    Anyone else prescribed DHEA without getting testosterone levels checked first?
    Also - I've no reason to expect the SIS to show up anything - can you do IVF without getting one done? Just concerned about keeping expenses down as they don't really have high hopes for me producing any eggs anyway..

Hi everyone...
    have one round of ti and gonal f and ovitrelle near complete.
    im on day 19 of cycle as of today...i have taken six hpt and two were cheap tesco and they both had faint positive lines i also took two clear blue and they said faint positive another test didnt work and i just took another clear blue with rhe week indicator and that said not pregnant so now im totally confused..any help or wisdom?? Im so tired but that isnt from this but one of ny boobs went hard and sore?? Have back ache and piddling a lot (sorry bout the describtion).. i said to my gp but he said the hcg should only be coming from placenta not injection bit nurse aaid opposite so now i dont no wat to think....
    could i be pregnant or is this just from ovitrelle injection xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

what's your date for official testing?

bobskii wrote: »
    what's your date for official testing?

They said i could start testing around day 26/27

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,636 ✭✭✭✭fits

Id get the SIS scan for sure. It showed up a pretty big issue for me. IVF would have been a waste of time probably until the large polyp they discovered came out. Health insurance might cover part of it.

so another week realistically.from my own experience on my second ivf cycle when I tested positive early (with no trigger shot as it was a fet) to then test negative it absolutely crushed me.but if you want to keep testing only use the same brand of test.i actually found the tesco own brand the best and most sensitive so maybe stick with them.My advice would b to stop testing til nearer the date your supposed to.its very hard to do tho!

my fingers and toes are crossed for you!

my fingers and toes are crossed for you!

Thanks bobski xxx
    Going to drive myself demented..it doesnt help we have serious stress at the moment we have our 96 yr old great uncle making his final journey in our house...
    another test neg this morn. The week indicator one so know i dunno!!! I hate the waiting game....xxx

• Advertisement

oh jeeze that is a lot of stress.youbneed to take time it for yourself with that goin on. You will. drove yourself mad testing I know I did cos I've no patience.

Thanks bobski xxx
    Going to drive myself demented..it doesnt help we have serious stress at the moment we have our 96 yr old great uncle making his final journey in our house...
    another test neg this morn. The week indicator one so know i dunno!!! I hate the waiting game....xxx

I know its hard to wait but you'll only headwreck yourself. Until you are about 14 DPO no one will be able to tell you whether its the ovitrelle or a real result. And stress can really hinder TTC.

If you absolutely have to test, then I'd suggest you use cheapies, and test daily from the day of ovitrelle. Use the same tests and first morning urine. That way you see theoretically see it fading away until it gets lighter and then negative then hopefully positive again a few days later.

I'm due to test any day now on an Ovitrelle cycle too and have a feeling I'll be beginning another round in a few days. But I have to distract myself during the TWW because otherwise I'd go mad.

oh jeeze that is a lot of stress.youbneed to take time it for yourself with that goin on. You will. drove yourself mad testing I know I did cos I've no patience.

Im the type of person that cant take a break do...i no i ahould but im the person everyone is leaning on for support and im the main person looking after the man passing...so everyone relies on me basically .
    i have no patience either i just want to no now kinda thing !!! Xxxxx

you actually sound like my twin!that's me in my family.its very bloody hard!especially when people lean on you when u can barely stand yourself.im like that at the minute and I really couldn't cope if I was ttc into the bargain.u need to find something to distract you for the next few days hard an all as it is.

you actually sound like my twin!that's me in my family.its very bloody hard!especially when people lean on you when u can barely stand yourself.im like that at the minute and I really couldn't cope if I was ttc into the bargain.u need to find something to distract you for the next few days hard an all as it is.

It is hard but it has to be done...
    im getting cramps and aches which feel like pmt i just hope its not...xxx

Farmer, it takes at least 10 days to get all the drugs out of your system, has this time passed yet do you know? When is your official test date? The first urine of the morning is the best one too. So sorry to hear your having a touch time at the moment, fingers crossed you get a positive at the end of all this xx It's very hard farmer, we're all in the same boat when it comes to this waiting crack, it drives me silly as well but unfortunately its completely out of our control. YOu need to take a bit of time to yourself and do something you enjoy.

Looking for planning, I'd probably start writing down all your questions and then I'd go back to the clinic and hash it all out with them, also find out if they got the details from your GP.

I had another scan yesterday, hormones are over 3000, lining at 8.5. Have 5 follies on my left side measuring 18,17,16,14 and 11. Only got one at 11 on my right. Right side is very quiet this time. Not sure why but hey all I need is one gud-un! Took my last 3 stimming injections last night so hopefully the follies will grow another bit today. Taking Pregnyl tonight with Egg Collection scheduled for Wednesday morning. Anyone any tips to help these eggs before then??!!

I had another scan yesterday, hormones are over 3000, lining at 8.5. Have 5 follies on my left side measuring 18,17,16,14 and 11. Only got one at 11 on my right. Right side is very quiet this time. Not sure why but hey all I need is one gud-un! Took my last 3 stimming injections last night so hopefully the follies will grow another bit today. Taking Pregnyl tonight with Egg Collection scheduled for Wednesday morning. Anyone any tips to help these eggs before then??!![/quote]

Hollywood130 I'm delighted your folicils are growing. I really hope all goes well on Wednesday. I'll be thinking of you. Hope you are feeling ok

Thanks Fingersandtoes, kind of going through all the emotions... scared, nervous, excited. It's hard to know how to feel really. I just can't believe how fast it is all happening this time, well the days are flying really. 9 days stimming gone and now onto EC, that is scary isn't it... I', just afraid I haven't done enough, that I didn't eat enough of the right stuff, that I didn't exercise enough, didn't take all the supplements all of the time. But I need to forget all that now and just focus on what is to come...

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Ms.Maggie

I had another scan yesterday, hormones are over 3000, lining at 8.5. Have 5 follies on my left side measuring 18,17,16,14 and 11. Only got one at 11 on my right. Right side is very quiet this time. Not sure why but hey all I need is one gud-un! Took my last 3 stimming injections last night so hopefully the follies will grow another bit today. Taking Pregnyl tonight with Egg Collection scheduled for Wednesday morning. Anyone any tips to help these eggs before then??!!

Hollywood, just on tips to help your eggs before collection, I was told protein, protein, protein. If you can stomach protein drinks/bars, they're a good option (I couldn't). Otherwise, eggs, turkey (or any meat), nuts, seeds are good. Also, plenty of water and put your feet up as much as you can. Heat is meant to be good too so a hot water bottle or heating pad on your tummy might help. Best of luck!!

• Advertisement

Thanks so much Ms Maggie, I know I'm prob a bit late now but I have been quite ok with getting the protein in, I had eggs for lunch and a chicken fillet for dinner yesterday so hopefully that helps!!!

Can't believe I'm all done with injections, took my Orgalutron last night and then Pregnyl. They call today a drug free day but I'm on antibiotics so to me it's not a free day! I hate antibiotics so now it's time to get all the probiotics in

EC in the morning, praying they get lots of good ones, well even just one really good one x

Advertisement