Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long termers TTC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fingersandtoes

Bilbot79 and LCD wishing you both all the luck in the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Wow. Mrs bilbot just woke me up in hysterics, 11 of our 15 eggs fertilised via ICSI!

I know there's a way to go but I can't help but thinking that our luck is actually turning. Surely the odds are good now. Transfer on Monday, please god we see this through. My thoughts are turning to hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,636 ✭✭✭✭fits

Oh wow! Wishing you the best of luck.

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

That's brilliant news :)

Anyone any favourite links to information on the transfer process and what comes next? What are the success rates from this point etc?

LCD, how is everything going at your end?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

bilbot79 wrote: »
    Anyone any favourite links to information on the transfer process and what comes next? What are the success rates from this point etc?

LCD, how is everything going at your end?

We were in the same boat, though we got 6 fertilised eggs. Then we underwent an FET (Frozen Egg Tranplant). After Aunt Flow visited, Mrs LCD would start on a course of injections & then the FET would be done. Our 1st 3 attempts we used the drugs & did a single FET. This time we went natural, let Mrs LCD's lining build up naturally. She had about 5/6 scans in the build up, looking at her follicles & depth of her lining. She was taking some injections but not hormonal. The follicles ruptured & then we were good to go. They defrosted our 3 remaining eggs, 1 of these did not survive the defrosting & they went ahead & inserted the 2 remaining ones.

That was a week ago today. Because was natural Aunt Flow was due Sunday & no sign of her yet. She has had some cramps & really felt like it was coming on Sunday but luckily nothing so far (touch wood). She says she feels completely normal. The only thing I have noticed is she is sleeping great & has a slightly bigger than normal appetite. Could be something, could be my imagination.

So to answer your question, next step is a FET.

LCD wrote: »
    We were in the same boat, though we got 6 fertilised eggs. Then we underwent an FET (Frozen Egg Tranplant). After Aunt Flow visited, Mrs LCD would start on a course of injections & then the FET would be done. Our 1st 3 attempts we used the drugs & did a single FET. This time we went natural, let Mrs LCD's lining build up naturally. She had about 5/6 scans in the build up, looking at her follicles & depth of her lining. She was taking some injections but not hormonal. The follicles ruptured & then we were good to go. They defrosted our 3 remaining eggs, 1 of these did not survive the defrosting & they went ahead & inserted the 2 remaining ones.

That was a week ago today. Because was natural Aunt Flow was due Sunday & no sign of her yet. She has had some cramps & really felt like it was coming on Sunday but luckily nothing so far (touch wood). She says she feels completely normal. The only thing I have noticed is she is sleeping great & has a slightly bigger than normal appetite. Could be something, could be my imagination.

So to answer your question, next step is a FET.

Really wishing you and your wife good luck. 10 of our 11 seem to have made it this far and we're set for transfer on Wednesday. Have to keep our feet on the ground but can't help hoping and wishing for the best. While the odds are probably against us it feels like after years of pain and anguish our chances have gone from zero to 50/50. Just the once is all were asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

good luck to both of you.it really is a tough journey and the uncertainty is by far the worst part of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Best of luck LCD and Bilbot. Rooting for ye

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fingersandtoes

I'm having IVF tomorrow and I'm terrified. I was very practical and rational about it yesterday morning when we made the decision in the clinic but now that I'm home alone I feel different. I only have one folicil that grew and I'm used to that. I've had two IUI procedures when i only had one folicil before . However we made the decision to have IVF so my egg quality could be examined. That's scares me so much as my AMH is very very low. I was told while every cycle is different I will get a good idea of what the quality of my eggs are like. I may not even have a day 3 transfer. I made the decision with a lovely nurse who also doubled up as a great hugger. We were really hoping to have two folicils. I may be told by the end of the week that it's all over. When I think about that sometimes I think if it's never going to happen I'd like to know sooner rather than later. I'm also going to tell my mother today. On a practical level I have to tell her. Has anyone any advice on telling family? She will be very upset for me. I'm in the clinic for 8. I took my trigger injection last night and my stomach is very swollen today.

• Advertisement

I'm having IVF tomorrow and I'm terrified. I was very practical and rational about it yesterday morning when we made the decision in the clinic but now that I'm home alone I feel different. I only have one folicil that grew and I'm used to that. I've had two IUI procedures when i only had one folicil before . However we made the decision to have IVF so my egg quality could be examined. That's scares me so much as my AMH is very very low. I was told while every cycle is different I will get a good idea of what the quality of my eggs are like. I may not even have a day 3 transfer. I made the decision with a lovely nurse who also doubled up as a great hugger. We were really hoping to have two folicils. I may be told by the end of the week that it's all over. When I think about that sometimes I think if it's never going to happen I'd like to know sooner rather than later. I'm also going to tell my mother today. On a practical level I have to tell her. Has anyone any advice on telling family? She will be very upset for me. I'm in the clinic for 8. I took my trigger injection last night and my stomach is very swollen today.

I think telling your mother is a good idea. You need support right now.

Don't forget that it might work. What you should do right now is hope? Maybe grieve later maybe not but right now have faith

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

your mother will be fine.,of course she will worry for you thats what mammys are for.try not to stress.See it as just something you have to do to get something you want.Look at the bigger picture and try to visualise it all going to plan.sounds stupid but worked for me.best of luck for tomorrow I'll b thinking of you.

Went in today for transfer with Mrs bilbot. Interesting to see the room where all the magic happens if a little weird to be there.

Anyway a couple of the blastos were good quality so we froze a few. It's a waiting game now it seems for the fresh one.

Wife seems herself again now there's a possibility of being pregnant, really hope this works.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Went in today for transfer with Mrs bilbot. Interesting to see the room where all the magic happens if a little weird to be there.

Anyway a couple of the blastos were good quality so we froze a few. It's a waiting game now it seems for the fresh one.

Wife seems herself again now there's a possibility of being pregnant, really hope this works.

Fingers crossed for ye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Good luck everyone in the middle of a cycle at the minute, hoping it works out for you all.

Started the pump on Wednesday, its ok, bit fiddly mixing the meds, filling it and then activating it but was ok. Has to be changed every three days so first change was last night. In for my first scan on Wednesday to see if anything happening. If not, the meds will be tripled. Fingers crossed something is happening anyway. Then hopefully IUI in the next week or two.

Good luck Lashes!

Mrs B got some out of the ordinary, light spotting there. Could that be a sign of implantation?

She had the transfer last Thursday

Good luck Lashes!

Mrs B got some out of the ordinary, light spotting there. Could that be a sign of implantation?

She had the transfer last Thursday

Spotting can be an implantation sign :)
    Also worth noting that progesterone pessaries can also cause spotting too- if she's on them that is.

Neyite wrote: »
    Spotting can be an implantation sign :)
    Also worth noting that progesterone pessaries can also cause spotting too- if she's on them that is.

She is doing the progesterone things alright. I'm getting slightly excited though because the spotting and crap were bang on 9 dpo. When she woke up just now she complained about being too hot when it is actually cold. That never happens.

Few mood swings in there too ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Fingers and toes crossed for ya Bilbot

Woke up this morning and the wife told me she's pretty sure her period is on the way. Kinda devastated here. But look, well have another go.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,925 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Aw bilbot :( Don't completely rule it out until she actually gets it. The torturous thing about it is early pregnancy feelings are really similar to period feelings.

She seems pretty sure :(

Still though. There was spotting on 9dpo. Could she just be super hormonal and assuming the worst?

We're 11dpo now.

I felt very period-y before my first positive test. I posted on this forum more or less saying I expected to wake up with my period. It honestly felt identical.

So you are not out just yet, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Stella03

bilbot79 thank you for your kind response. I'll look more into this clinic! I've never heard that clinics repay for failed procedure. Sounds really good! We had 5 cycles of ivf with oe. All of them failed unfortunately. We spent so much money for nothing. I hope to find professional clinic with reasonable prices. May I ask you a couple of questions? I hope you don't mind. How much attempts of ivf do you have in general? Did you choose donor by yourself? And how much did you pay? Thank you in advance! And good luck with your procedure!

Stella03 wrote: »
    bilbot79 thank you for your kind response. I'll look more into this clinic! I've never heard that clinics repay for failed procedure. Sounds really good! We had 5 cycles of ivf with oe. All of them failed unfortunately. We spent so much money for nothing. I hope to find professional clinic with reasonable prices. May I ask you a couple of questions? I hope you don't mind. How much attempts of ivf do you have in general? Did you choose donor by yourself? And how much did you pay? Thank you in advance! And good luck with your procedure!

I had some emails with the Alicante clinic. They have a money back guarantee but it is dependent on you using donor eggs. You should contact them for more details. That guarantee could remove a lot of anxiety

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,925 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Neyite wrote: »
    I felt very period-y before my first positive test. I posted on this forum more or less saying I expected to wake up with my period. It honestly felt identical.

So you are not out just yet, fingers crossed.

Same here. I always got the same period-y feeling the day before I was due. I'd thought I might have been pregnant, but then I got that feeling and I was like "sh*t, that's that then" woke up the next morning and my period hadn't come, so I took a test and it was positive. Keeping all appendages crossed for you and your wife!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

Mrs LCD was feeling very period towards the end of last week after 2 FET. We did the pee on stick test Saturday & got a positive. Good but we have had 3 false positives before with pee on stick tests so we weren't high fiving each other.

Went to the clinic yesterday & got a blood test done, which told us we are pregnant!! Because this has been a natural cycle & no hormones involved we are really starting to believe this time. Scan booked for 3 weeks

Excitement, shock, delight, terror & fear all rolled into one. Is this massive news but then nothing happens for 9months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Ye arent out yet bilbot79 so stay positive. Wishing you the best of luck.

LCD that is fantastic news, am so happy for you both. Hoping the next 9 months are healthy one for your wife.

I have my first scan today to see if the pump is working, have horrible side effects so we'll see. Love how the docs say there are no side effects because its natural and that it doesnt hurt to put the pump on :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Congratulations LCD!

Had my day 9 scan this morning on my first month of Puregon OI. 5 follicles around 10cm so now I have to hope that only 2 of those continue growing. Back on Saturday for another scan.

• Advertisement

LCD wrote: »
    Mrs LCD was feeling very period towards the end of last week after 2 FET. We did the pee on stick test Saturday & got a positive. Good but we have had 3 false positives before with pee on stick tests so we weren't high fiving each other.

Went to the clinic yesterday & got a blood test done, which told us we are pregnant!! Because this has been a natural cycle & no hormones involved we are really starting to believe this time. Scan booked for 3 weeks

Excitement, shock, delight, terror & fear all rolled into one. Is this massive news but then nothing happens for 9months

That's amazing. I was really rooting for you. Hoping we have a bit of luck too!

Advertisement