Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long termers TTC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fingersandtoes

Bobskii- Thanks for your advice. Of course my Mam was lovely to be when I told her.

Billot79- Stay positive and don't give up as hard as that can be.

Lashes34 and Bee06- Hope all the scans go to plan

I was due to have IVF last week. I only had one folicil and the main aim was to look at my egg quality. Unfortunately I began IVF but nothing happened as my utuerus and bowel were in the way of the needle. I had IUI instead. We were devestated as it's another abstocale on a long road of them! I was told IVF would never be an option.

However, I went to my GP the next day for a cert and told him what happened. He said I was his fourth patient in one year to be told that by Sims. The other three couples all went to a clinic in Prague and are now all expecting or have had a baby. I had accupuncture a few days later. I told the lady the same story and she also mentioned Prague and getting a second opinion. It was positive and food for thought that hopefully we won't need to explore. I'm on progesterone injections by night and crinone gel in the morning to keep my progesterone levels up.

LCD- I'm saving the best for last. I'm wising you both the very best of luck until your scan. The cautious feelings are completely understandable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Massive congratulations LCD !!! So delighted for ye. The next few weeks will be torture (lets call a spade a spade) but keep the faith.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Dpo 13 and some spotting along with periody feelings. Mrs B convinced the progesterone is the only thing holding AF at bay. Did test that came up negative.

I guess this attempt wasn't meant to be. It is our first try out of three, two good chances left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

So had another scan yesterday and all going well so far. Have a 12 & a 14 on the right and a few 6s&7s otherwise. In for another scan tomorrow and hopefully doing IUI on Wednesday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭bilbot79

lashes34 wrote: »
    So had another scan yesterday and all going well so far. Have a 12 & a 14 on the right and a few 6s&7s otherwise. In for another scan tomorrow and hopefully doing IUI on Wednesday morning.

Best of luck lashes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

Had my final scan, IUI scheduled for Friday morning. Have a 18 & a 15 so fingers crossed this works.

IUI done this morning and have pretty bad cramps now. Have read so many conflicting opinions on using hot water bottles. Anyone have any idea if it's safe? Always find heat really helps me with period pain.

We had our scan yesterday, 5 weeks post FET (attempt number 4). Amazing, just amazing to see a heart beat. We inserted 2 FE however only 1 survived. Not complaining at all.

Just surreal, absolutely mover the moon. Don't know what to do with ourselves now, want to sing & shout from the roof tops both apart from 2 people is under wraps until the end of May.

I`d love to be able to tell everyone on here to stick with it, it's hard but like a good film it all works out in the end. Unfortunately that is not true & it will fail for more couples than it works for. I am lucky to be in the small successful fraction.

Spoke to the counselor in Rtunda after & she is speaking on Sean Moncrief on Newstalk today at 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Thanks for sharing LCD. So nice to hear good news for you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Oh how wonderful! I'm sure glad to hear your good news. Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy and many gorgeous baby cuddles to come thereafter.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

LCD wrote: »
    We had our scan yesterday, 5 weeks post FET (attempt number 4). Amazing, just amazing to see a heart beat. We inserted 2 FE however only 1 survived. Not complaining at all.

Just surreal, absolutely mover the moon. Don't know what to do with ourselves now, want to sing & shout from the roof tops both apart from 2 people is under wraps until the end of May.

I`d love to be able to tell everyone on here to stick with it, it's hard but like a good film it all works out in the end. Unfortunately that is not true & it will fail for more couples than it works for. I am lucky to be in the small successful fraction.

Spoke to the counselor in Rtunda after & she is speaking on Sean Moncrief on Newstalk today at 2

Absolutely delighted for ye. Seeing a heartbeat is an amazing feeling. Huge hugs!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

LCD wrote:

Wow. Congratulations to you both. Enjoy every second.

Thanks everyone for the good wishes. I want to shout & tell everyone but are waiting until end of May. My brother & his wife had fertility issues for years (3 failed IVFs) & eventually years later conceived naturally, he said mum, my mum as staunch as they come, cried!

Both myself & Mrs LCD have been on anonymous support groups like this. She hasn't mentioned the scan on hers, whereas I obviously have. We discussed it & feel like we should probably bow out, as I know the amount of pain people here are going through & is good manners we thought to announce our good news & move on.

Thanks everyone for the good wishes. I want to shout & tell everyone but are waiting until end of May. My brother & his wife had fertility issues for years (3 failed IVFs) & eventually years later conceived naturally, he said mum, my mum as staunch as they come, cried!

Both myself & Mrs LCD have been on anonymous support groups like this. She hasn't mentioned the scan on hers, whereas I obviously have. We discussed it & feel like we should probably bow out, as I know the amount of pain people here are going through & is good manners we thought to announce our good news & move on.

Really hope to catch you on the newborn and toddlers forum down the road!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Love seeing people graduate from this thread :)

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

We discussed it & feel like we should probably bow out, as I know the amount of pain people here are going through & is good manners we thought to announce our good news & move on.

You stick around here as long as you feel comfortable.

We love to see graduates from this thread but we all understand that with all you've been through, and it being early days etc, that you might not want to jump feet first in with the pregnancy threads just yet. So don't until you are ready. Don't feel like you can't post here. We've never been like some forums where someone's long awaited happiness cant be celebrated for fear of upsetting other posters, we've all had the highs and the lows. I like to think that happiness on here breeds more happiness for others. So massive congrats to you and Mrs. LCD.

Lets keep our fingers crossed for more Easter Eggies getting fertilised on this thread. :)

I completely agree with the previous poster. It's great to see people who have been successfull posting in this section. It reminds me that fertility treatment does work and can eventually work. For example while IUI hasn't worked for me it has for numerous other people.
    I remember your post very well LCD after your third attempt. I'm delighted for you both and I wish you both a happy and healthy pregnancy.

I've got my file from Sims and I'm sending it to Repro med in Kilkenny who work with clinics in Prague. Weve decided we would like a second opinion on IVF. If anyone has any advice on that clinic please that would be great.

I'm loving not taking hormones and numerous injections daily. I just feel normal. It's hard to explain how much I was affected by them until I came off all the hormones.

Actually cannot believe I'm saying this but I am pregnant. Got my positive test this morning and very freaked out but just hoping all goes well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Actually cannot believe I'm saying this but I am pregnant. Got my positive test this morning and very freaked out but just hoping all goes well.

Congratulations! Lots of good news on the thread recently!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

lashes34 wrote:

Aaaaah congratulations lashes!! !!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 291 ✭✭Bigbok

So the IUI worked? Many congrats.we going for round 2 tomorrow

Thanks guys, it's all very surreal. Yes first IUI so am delighted to get to this stage. Good luck tomorrow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 291 ✭✭Bigbok

Thanks guys, it's all very surreal. Yes first IUI so am delighted to get to this stage. Good luck tomorrow.

Delighted for u and gives me more hope too:)

Lashes34 congratulations. That's wonderful news for both of you.

Bigbok wishing you the best of luck tomorrow.

Congrats, congrats, congrats!!!

Good luck tomorrow bigbok.

Lashes34 Congratulations!!!!!

Thanks a mill guys, really appreciate the good wishes. I'm so scared it's all going to go wrong but I never thought I'd get where I am so just have to take it day by day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Oh god another one, Delighted for ya Lashes! Hoping for sticky beans for you and LCD

• Advertisement

Thanks Lucuma x

Advertisement