Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long termers TTC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

'Grats, Lashes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

So, I was expecting to get my period on Friday morning after the trigger shot for my 6th cycle of OI (first on Puregon) but nothing yet. Currently trying to convince myself that my body is trolling me/acting different on Puregon than Clomid etc. Down at the inlaws for the weekend so can't test until tomorrow. It's been a long weekend in more ways than one!

I did the test and I'm pregnant. I'm still in shock!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

bee06 wrote:

Woohoo. Congratulations!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

bee06 wrote: »

Wow, there's been a lot of good news in this thread recently! Congratulations and enjoy it. Hoping for a sticky bean and a lovely nine months for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Massive congrats Bee06 x

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Hi guys! I haven't posted in quite a while but I have been checking in now and again. Had to post with all the great news lately! Huge congratulations to all you preggers ladies, enjoy every minute!

I'm sitting here feeding my 4 week old little girl who I waited 8 long years to have and hold. So many knockbacks & lots of treatment but shes finally here & is perfect in every way

Keep the faith xx

I'm sitting here feeding my 4 week old little girl who I waited 8 long years to have and hold. So many knockbacks & lots of treatment but shes finally here & is perfect in every way

Oh Hollywood!!!! Fantastic news! Delighted for you.
    My little man is 10 weeks today. Like you we had knockbacks....... miscarriages, ovarian cancer, ovary removed and chemo. And now here he is.

Keep the Faith!! !

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Great to hear from you Dreamstar & HUGE congratulations on your little man xx

dreamstar wrote: »
    My little man is 10 weeks today. Like you we had knockbacks....... miscarriages, ovarian cancer, ovary removed and chemo. And now here he is.

Good to hear from you both, gives me hope I can get there. Nearly 9 weeks here, have had a scare a few weeks ago, ended up in hospital with bleeding and pain, was told it was likely ectopic but it isnt. Back to the hospital on Friday for a scan so hoping all is still going well.

Good luck to everyone still trying x

• Advertisement

lashes34 wrote:
    Good to hear from you both, gives me hope I can get there. Nearly 9 weeks here, have had a scare a few weeks ago, ended up in hospital with bleeding and pain, was told it was likely ectopic but it isnt. Back to the hospital on Friday for a scan so hoping all is still going well.

Congratulations lashes!!!
    I found it very hard to relax in the beginning but you will start to enjoy it the further along you get. So worth the wait!

Congratulations lashes!!!
    I found it very hard to relax in the beginning but you will start to enjoy it the further along you get. So worth the wait!

Thank you!

Im actually not too anxious, I know I cant control it so just letting it go as it does.

Getting a little more worried as I get nearer to the scan but nothing to suggest anything has gone wrong in the two weeks so just staying positive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

12 week scan yesterday. Amazing, actually looks like a baby (well an alien hybrid baby). So much relief & joy.

IVF, not everyone gets the fairytale ending, looks like we are one of the lucky ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Oh wow LCD you got to 12 weeks!! Massive massive congrats! Now start getting ready for life to never be the same again

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

LCD wrote: »
    12 week scan yesterday. Amazing, actually looks like a baby (well an alien hybrid baby). So much relief & joy.

IVF, not everyone gets the fairytale ending, looks like we are one of the lucky ones.

Oh, I am so so so happy for you and Mrs LCD.

Hope ye have a fairytale pregnancy from here on in!!

LCD wrote:

Wow congratulations!!!!! Delighted for you guys.

LCD wrote:
    Well thats it for us. I am checking out, 3 times, 3 absolute failures, 3 massive heart brakes. I cannot put myself through this again, the pain is too much. I DON'T care about the people who did it 3 times then it worked on the 4th or those who tried 10 times & it worked on the 11th. I am not paying a fortune to adopt and waiting around another 5+years. I have to accept a life without kids. I know there will always be a bit of pain when I see families or a cute kid, but C'est la vie!

Gosh LCD just came across this previous post of yours a few months back.
    Just a reminder to never give up hope. Congratulations again - so well deserved. Xxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭Minera

Hi guys I'm new to this but ttc for 2 yrs I've an appointment with a consultant next Wednesday. It's my first and I'm quite anxious about it but excited too!
    So I've that many questions I don't know where to start but ill just introduce myself for now ☺

P's congratulations to all the ladies with good news at the min

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

Gosh LCD just came across this previous post of yours a few months back.
    Just a reminder to never give up hope. Congratulations again - so well deserved. Xxx

I remember writing that & I was done & dusted. However Mrs LCD wasn't & I owed it to her to keep going until all our fertilised eggs were used up (they are now).

It was so hard to go again & put a massive strain on our relationship. After failed attempt number 2 I had a heart attack (35 at the time & very healthy). Doctors put it down to stress, so going again really scared me.

We always agreed 3 times max & that was it for me. However we still had 2 eggs left & as I say I just couldn't not try for my wife's sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Wow LCD you have really been through a lot in the last few years.

• Advertisement

LCD wrote:
    It was so hard to go again & put a massive strain on our relationship. After failed attempt number 2 I had a heart attack (35 at the time & very healthy). Doctors put it down to stress, so going again really scared me.

Wow LCD no wonder you'd had enough. I think it's one of the most stressful and testing times a couple can go through. To suffer that devastation once let alone multiple times is heart breaking. BUT it's going to make you enjoy every single second with your little bundle and the pregnancy. You deserve every bit of happiness now.

I was always so proud of the fact that me and my hubby got through everything we did and it just made it really appreciate each other and made us so strong. Like we can face anything together. I'm sure you guys must feel the same. Time to relax and enjoy now. I'm so happy for yous! Keep us updated on how yous are getting on!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,925 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

So, um..... I just got a BFP......

Toots wrote: »

Congratulations Toots! Delighted for you

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,925 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Thanks! I'm terrified! I've no idea of my due date cos my cycles are so irregular. I doubt I'll be able to find a place with dating scan appointments tomorrow!

Toots wrote:

Wow CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Such exciting times ahead!!!

Toots wrote:
    Thanks! I'm terrified! I've no idea of my due date cos my cycles are so irregular. I doubt I'll be able to find a place with dating scan appointments tomorrow!

How are you feeling now toots? Has it sunk in yet?

How are you feeling now toots? Has it sunk in yet?

Sort of... I'm still going around with the positive test in my hand. I've a GP appointment this morning and I'm still expecting to be told I've made a mistake. Took one of those clear blue ones that tell you the weeks and it said 2-3 weeks since conception. It doesn't seem real at all :o

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

I'm delighted for you Toots!!! :D

Thank you! Now to get used to carrying jars of pee around with me all the time. Starts today :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Ahhh Toots!! Delira for you x

Advertisement