Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long termers TTC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Congratulations Toots! So no treatments necessary? Or were you receiving treatment I can't remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Congrats Toots, thats fantastic news.

So I had my 12 week scan yesterday, still so hard to believe. Its actually going pretty quick which I am very happy about!

Hope everyone is keeping well x

12 weeks !!! Yay lashes !!!:heart:

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Lucuma wrote: »
    Congratulations Toots! So no treatments necessary? Or were you receiving treatment I can't remember.

Thank you! Had been diagnosed with likely PCOS and had been on Metformin since September 2016, trying for over a year prior to that. So luckily nothing surgical needed. I've to stay on the Metformin until my booking appointment at 12ish weeks and then the consultant will decide whether or not I need to keep taking it.

Lashes congrats on 12 weeks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭fits

More good news! Delighted for ya toots!

• Advertisement

Wow. Go Metformin! Best of luck getting through the 12 ww xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Did our second transfer last week. Frozen natural, all went well. Mrs Bilbot burst into tears in bed last night saying her period was coming and how she 'knows her body'.

Yet this morning I'm convinced there is a very, very faint line. She sees it too but refuses to believe it.

However many times I look though, it's there...just very, very faint....

bilbot79 I was the exact same, 9 days after the IUI I had such strong period pains, was convinced it was coming and right on cue when it did after the previous cycles. I had a very faint line on the dip tests but OH wouldnt believe it until I took the digital on the date the fertility clinic told me to.

Ye arent out yet, try not to go crazy over the next few days.

lashes34 wrote: »
    bilbot79 I was the exact same, 9 days after the IUI I had such strong period pains, was convinced it was coming and right on cue when it did after the previous cycles. I had a very faint line on the dip tests but OH wouldnt believe it until I took the digital on the date the fertility clinic told me to.

Ye arent out yet, try not to go crazy over the next few days.

Thanks. It's hard, we've never even had a sniff of a pregnancy. I just want to believe for a change.

Got to stay grounded though.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nerd Queen

Genuinely think I am having psychosomatic pregnancy symptoms. Its nearly impossible for me to be pregnant. Rational and logical me knows that. However cos ive been bloated and feeling a bit nauseous with cramps at times I have a lil part of my brain going hmmm maybe! Wanting something so badly that your convincing your body is crazy! Am I alone in this?

• Advertisement

Mrs B couldn't help but test again this evening. Another faint line, if slightly stronger even.

AF normally due Saturday, when could we say the P word?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Get a First Response test. They are supposed to be very good for early testing. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for ye.

bee06 wrote: »
    Get a First Response test. They are supposed to be very good for early testing. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for ye.

I think it might be something like that anyway

Post #10 on this thread has some images. The second from top is what ours looks like

https://www.netmums.com/coffeehouse/pregnancy-64/pregnancy-baby-clubs-195/pregnancy-due-dates-clubs-189/archived-pregnancy-due-date-clubs-777/1016086-feint-line-test-all.html

Darn it. This mornings test had no line. Im not losing hope though. The regular line was about half as dark as the othee tests so maybe its a bad batch

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

What sort of tests are you using?

Get one of the digital ones for Saturday when her period is due. I guess you cannot fully believe it until then. How is she feeling?

Theyre the paper ones. Not sure the brand.

AF is due Saturday, we should leave it till then but i know she'll test everyday. I think wants to assume the worst but im more positive. False negatives are normal but false positives are not. We couldnt have got a faint line without bubs right?

TBH I'd go and get a few first response ones. I've found those little paper ones can be hit and miss. If she's getting a faint line in the evening then I'd be taking it as a good sign. Get a First Response and use with first wee of the morning tomorrow and that should give you a better idea.

edit: you don't happen to have a pic of the tests do you?

Yes go to Boots and get a First Response test. Use first morning urine and then you'll know.
    Early lines which peter out are sometimes called a chemical pregnancy.
    Hoping for you it's the real deal x

Got some first response tests but hanging on to see if AF arrives. Counted the days again and she's actually due today but there is no associated temperature drop. Time will tell, wife does say she feels periody but I don't think she seems the same as usual.

I've kind of calmed down. It could possibly be the chemical yoke.

I really hope it's our time though. It's such a tough road this IVF business, like a dark cloud hanging over you all the time. Things are so simple for most people yet so tough for us.

• Advertisement

Its so tough bilbot, most others take it for granted so much.

Good luck, you are in my thoughts. Keep us updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

Mother in Law who has seen 2 of her daughters go through IVF, commented last night in relation to the death of a 50 year old friend of a friend. This lady was only 50, married but never had kids.

Anyway the MIL says "Is an awful shame they never bothered to have children. It really comes back to haunt you now when you get to this stage of life".

WTF is with this woman, I don't know if she doesn't care or doesn't understand that some people just can't have children?? Needless to say wife was well upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

LCD wrote:
    WTF is with this woman, I don't know if she doesn't care or doesn't understand that some people just can't have children?? Needless to say wife was well upset.

Wow! I honestly think people who haven't had a tough time just don't get it. Like they REALLY don't get it. And mothers and mothers in law are just so opinionated and judgy. That's what I've found anyway. I know it's so hard to listen to but I'd pull her up on it once and then ignore it in future.

Bilbot I'm logging in daily for updates. I know you don't want to get too excited but good luck!

Rooting for you Bilbot.
    LCD only people that have looked down the barrell of childlessness will ever get it. That's just the way it is unfortuntely. When you hear comments like that just Filter Filter Filter! Let them go Whoooosh over your head.
    That Irish Times article recently had a great line in it ''No-one forgets to have kids''.  It's either a positive choice or there's a wall of pain behind it.

I read that article, it definitely rings true alright. Some people are so utterly tactless.

Billbot have fingers and toes all crossed for you here!!

It's kinda like staring into the abyss. I always saw myself as a father later in life. So much to teach lil bubs....

Mrs Bilbot is tired of it all and just wants to know now even if negative. She'll test in the morning if temp hasn't clearly plummeted. Said her cervix is low and hard which is apparently not good (and I thought I'd heard it all at this point!)

I'm kinda losing hope myself but these last few days I daydreamed about being able to plan ahead, telling our parents the good news etc.

Some people are destined to do things the hard way I guess.

Fingers crossed this'll be our Long Termers TTC moment, will let you know in the morning.

Woke up to a hysterical wife 10 mins ago plus this little fella ðŸ˜႒

Aw that's fantastic news, am so happy for you both. I woke up early and had to come on to check for an update.

Congrats xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Oh my god! Congratulations, I'm delighted for ye!

• Advertisement

It's amazing. Still sinking in, all morning we've been talking about the disappointments in this process. Got to keep our feet on the ground till the 12 week thing, that's when we can really start believing were going to have a baby right?

I'm hopeful now, my girl has been really good about her diet/health etc. Now that bubs is in there I'd like to think it'll stick around :)

Advertisement