Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Triton T90xr no water coming out

• 08-10-2013 9:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My Triton T90xr suddenly stopped outputting water about a week ago. Since then it has worked a few times and usually stops outputting water after a few minutes.

I opened up the unit this morning and first opened the big plastic valve to ensure water was getting into the unit. No problem here and the filter is clean (we're not in a hard water area).

I put the filter back in and opened up the air release screw to prime the pump. A little amount of air came out first and then the water flowed.

I took the shower hose off the unit too just to be sure and turned on the power to the unit. Still no water coming out. I can see the pump spinning around and it sounds like its running dry even though I have vented it.

Any thoughts of what could be the problem or what I can check next?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

I think you're right. I did a bit more searching and found out about the solenoid. Tested it for resistance and is showing 0.

Found http://www.amazon.co.uk/Solenoid-Coil-Universal-Valve-27600/dp/B005DH19L4/ref=sr_1_3?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1381243863&sr=1-3&keywords=Triton+Solenoid+Valve which is just £9 and I can find a few other things to get the free delivery.

Its comes without the valve assembly but its likely that the solenoid alone is enough.

There is also http://www.showerdoc.com/triton-flow-valve-assy-comes-with-solenoid-p15210800 which says it comes with the solenoid and is Triton branded. Not sure its the same thing though as its nearly half the price.

If it is just the coil then yes that is all you need, they also use the same valve in washing machines and would sell at around a fiver.

I wouldn't know enough to go about getting a washing machine valve so taking the option of getting the £9 one from amazon to be safe. Thanks for the replies.

I replaced the solenoid and it fixed the problem. However now the shower is mega noisy. Sounds like the pump is grinding a bit. I suspect when the shower had the solenoid problem, it ran dry for a few minutes and something else may have broken.

Any ideas? Is it bearings, brushes or the whole pump that needs replacing?

• Advertisement

Tried running it on cold for a few minutes as suggested in some threads and other forums. No change in noise levels. :(

Did you bleed the pump on reconecting ?

Yes, opened the little plastic screw under the pump and water comes straight out.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭barrymanilow

Hi Folks ,

I am having the same issue as the original poster OP.

Shower sounds like it always has but no water comes out.

Removed the hose but still no water came out from the unit.

I unscrewed the round white plastic valve cap in the bottom left . It came out but no water came out through it . I pushed a screwdriver inside gently against what was in there and water did then flow through so I put the valve cap back on.

Still no water but shower sounds a little funny now after me fiddling with that valve .

I will try a solenoid test and order a new one if I need .

Can anyone point out the solenoid to me in the picture thanks

45427630901_393f455da6_z.jpgIMG_20181019_134023

Advertisement