Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat bites my ankles in the mornings!

• 08-10-2013 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

My cat baby somehow took a shine on biting my ankles in the morning. This is what happens.

He sleeps in the sitting room on my dressing gown and when I get up in the morning I let him out of the sitting room and he follows me to the bathroom. He waits outside until I finish shower and when I come out, he starts licking my legs and toes dry :P (Awww he's sooo cute!!)

Sometimes he licks them until they are completely dry but most of the time they will be half wet and half dry. Then the biting starts. He hugs my legs and starts biting my ankle. If I pull my leg out, he starts bouncing on it and doesnt stop biting until I distract him with a mouse toy or something like that.

He does tend to stop if I start playing with a mouse toy with him.

Do other kittens bite human mommy's ankles too? Is it simply cuz he wants to play? He has water and food laid out for him in the sitting room all the time so I dont think he's asking for food.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

It's a play thing to him; as soon as he starts get him distracted and if possible get the toy out before he starts to bite (or you risk that he'll associate ankle biting = playtime starts!). Forgot to add; try to play with him before you go shower as well to reduce his energy a bit for playing before you come out from the shower :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Yes very very normal! One of my cats will hide under the kitchen table and he waits for me to walk past then dives out and grabs my ankle! Or if I'm walking out to the utility to feed him he runs past, slapping my ankles on the way! He was a lot worse when he was a kitten, when he would actually bite and scratch, now it's more a playful swipe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

our cat 4 year old likes nothing better than to hide in the flowerbed near the clothes line and jump out at my wifes legs even now she expects it he still frightens the life out of her

I don't know how many times ive heard the expression jaysus that cats going to give me a heart attack

Advertisement