Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on bank account

Options
  • 08-10-2013 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

I have an old student a/c with Ulster Bank. For the last 5 years I have had a balance of €1. Clearly this isn't my primary account. I set it up in college as they were offering an interest free overdraft of €650, which was useful at the time. Thus far I have paid €0 in charges on the a/c.

Is there any good reason I should keep this open? I just got my yearly statement and it reminded me that I should really make a decision on this one way or another.

Advice and input appreciated. Sorry if this is a bit pedestrian compared to the usual requests here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

One day they will send you a letter to confirm you are a student, if you are not they will start bank charges or change your account into a normal current account.

Advertisement