Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access Diagnostics

Options
  • 08-10-2013 10:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I have seen this site recommended here before. Is it still the best value for OPK & pregnancy tests? Or would ebay/amazon be better......

Also if anyone could recommend a brand they found best in terms of cost and accuracy because for a newbie like me that site is mind-boggling in terms of the selection available!!!!

Thanks a mil :-)

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Ocean Blue wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I have seen this site recommended here before. Is it still the best value for OPK & pregnancy tests? Or would ebay/amazon be better......

Also if anyone could recommend a brand they found best in terms of cost and accuracy because for a newbie like me that site is mind-boggling in terms of the selection available!!!!

Thanks a mil :-)

I've never ordered anywhere else but I'm happy with the price. I used their bundles and found them very accurate - both ovulation tests and pregnancy ones. Mine were in pink boxes - little dipsticks. But I also got a tube of pregnancy tests in a white tube with a bit of red on it, and they are very sensitive too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

Neyite wrote: »
    I've never ordered anywhere else but I'm happy with the price. I used their bundles and found them very accurate - both ovulation tests and pregnancy ones. Mine were in pink boxes - little dipsticks. But I also got a tube of pregnancy tests in a white tube with a bit of red on it, and they are very sensitive too.

Thanks for that. I will just order a small bundle for now and see how they are :)

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭QueenBee1

What brand do you order? New to all this :) are they fairly accurate? Also have you ever used preseed? I have heard it is supposed to be brilliant and a lot of couples swear by it

QueenBee1 wrote: »
    What brand do you order? New to all this :) are they fairly accurate? Also have you ever used preseed? I have heard it is supposed to be brilliant and a lot of couples swear by it

I have just collected my supplies from the local Parcel Motel so won't be using them for another couple of weeks. You can see the ones I got in the picture, I think they seem to be the ones used in most of the bundles anyway. I bought the Preseed as well to give it a go! I will report back in due time :)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Yep, that's the ones I have too. Great value and have always been accurate for me.

• Advertisement

I went to order these today but it came up the delivery charge was 12 pounds is this correct? Sounds a bit expensive :/

I went to order these today but it came up the delivery charge was 12 pounds is this correct? Sounds a bit expensive :/

I chose UK delivery which was £1.95 I think, then used Parcel Motel. So that halved the delivery costs!!

Just done a bit of research on that there. So basically do you send it to parcel motel in Belfast and then collect it in the republic for 3.50?

Just done a bit of research on that there. So basically do you send it to parcel motel in Belfast and then collect it in the republic for 3.50?

Yep use the Belfast address to qualify for UK delivery then you nominate a depot local to you to collect it from. Only adds a day onto the delivery time in my experience.

Yep, that's the ones I have too. Great value and have always been accurate for me.

I will be starting to use these on Monday..........instructions say to allow urine sample to come to room temp. Is this essential and if so how long do you find it takes?

• Advertisement

Ocean Blue wrote: »
    I will be starting to use these on Monday..........instructions say to allow urine sample to come to room temp. Is this essential and if so how long do you find it takes?

I've never actually read the leaflet. :o I have a little urine sample tube in the ensuite, take a morning sample, sit it on the sink and dip the stick, leaving it to process while I'm washing hands and brushing teeth. I never got an ovulation line that was darker than the control line, but to me, a line was a line and approximate enough and turned out to be correct.

I've never actually read the leaflet. :o I have a little urine sample tube in the ensuite, take a morning sample, sit it on the sink and dip the stick, leaving it to process while I'm washing hands and brushing teeth. I never got an ovulation line that was darker than the control line, but to me, a line was a line and approximate enough and turned out to be correct.

I have read the leaflet properly this time! It recommends leaving urine for 20 mins to get to room temperature. It also says not to use first morning urine........the relevant hormone is only synthesised in the early morning and takes a few hours to appear in urine. They recommend between 10am and 8pm!

Advertisement